Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SoYouStart | GAME-3 | i7-6700K | 64GB DDR4 | 480GB SSD | 500GB Backup | 1Gbps up/down | 16 FO IPs
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SoYouStart | GAME-3 | i7-6700K | 64GB DDR4 | 480GB SSD | 500GB Backup | 1Gbps up/down | 16 FO IPs

FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep
edited September 2022 in Service Transfers

Hello!

Since we gave up the location in France, we have for rent/transfer with ownership our old dedicated server which is a GAME-3, with 16 failover IP addresses included and 1Gbps Inbound/Outbound bandwidth even if the theoretical server should only have 250Mbps.

We provide access for server management directly from our WHMCS interface and you have the great advantage that you can also pay with cryptocurrencies for this server or transfer ownership through the ticket system.

The requested price is 60 euros/month if you want it to remain in our property, without having to validate your identity at OVH or 100 euros/one time if you want the transfer of the service where you will later pay 38 euros + VAT (if it is necessary).

Server paid until 12th October 2022

Benchmark:

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
#              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
#                     v2022-08-20                    #
# https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

luni 29 august 2022, 09:38:20 +0300

Basic System Information:
---------------------------------
Uptime     : 330 days, 10 hours, 19 minutes
Processor  : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz
CPU cores  : 8 @ 4013.899 MHz
AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
RAM        : 62.7 GiB
Swap       : 0.0 KiB
Disk       : 438.9 GiB
Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
Kernel     : 5.4.140-1-pve

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
  ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
Read       | 146.78 MB/s  (36.6k) | 175.91 MB/s   (2.7k)
Write      | 147.17 MB/s  (36.7k) | 176.84 MB/s   (2.7k)
Total      | 293.96 MB/s  (73.4k) | 352.75 MB/s   (5.5k)
           |                      |                     
Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
  ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
Read       | 212.37 MB/s    (414) | 203.75 MB/s    (198)
Write      | 223.66 MB/s    (436) | 217.32 MB/s    (212)
Total      | 436.04 MB/s    (850) | 421.07 MB/s    (410)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                |                           |                 |                
Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 919 Mbits/sec   | 528 Mbits/sec  
Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 908 Mbits/sec   | 536 Mbits/sec  
Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | 887 Mbits/sec   | 938 Mbits/sec  
Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 613 Mbits/sec   | 131 Mbits/sec  
Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 633 Mbits/sec   | 368 Mbits/sec  
Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 510 Mbits/sec   | 80.6 Mbits/sec 
Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 491 Mbits/sec   | 239 Mbits/sec  

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
Test            | Value                         
                |                               
Single Core     | 1122                          
Multi Core      | 4067                          
Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/16938255

Comments

• 2nd thread for the same. Why not install proxmox and create 6 to 8 containers and earn some bucks. Everyone could buy this server directly from OVH.

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2022

@ascicode said:
    2nd thread for the same. Why not install proxmox and create 6 to 8 containers and earn some bucks. Everyone could buy this server directly from OVH.

Oh really?
    Can you share with us order link, please?
    Thank you!

• ascicodeascicode Member
    edited September 2022

@FlorinMarian said:

@ascicode said:
    2nd thread for the same. Why not install proxmox and create 6 to 8 containers and earn some bucks. Everyone could buy this server directly from OVH.

Oh really?
    Thank you!

Almost same specs, without game attention.
    https://www.ovh.de/order/dedicated/?configure=1&v=2&ecorange#/dedicated/configure?selection=~(datacenters~(~)~invoiceName~'SYS-LE-2)

@ascicode said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@ascicode said:

Oh really?
    Thank you!

https://www.ovh.de/order/dedicated/?configure=1&v=2&ecorange#/dedicated/configure?selection=~(datacenters~(~)~invoiceName~'SYS-LE-2)

My dear friend:
    1. Your server costs 66 euros without VAT per month and mine 38 (if it is bought with transfer)
    2. As you mentioned my server also includes GAME protection
    3. My server bandwidth is 1Gbps both ways, not 250 or 500Mbps.
    4. The backup space is 500GB instead of 100GB as it would normally be.
    5. I also have a /28 IPv4 block that comes bundled with the server

Since when and until so many differences are nothing that you come to hate me here while most of the members on LET give up certain services at an increase of 1-2 euros/month?

Don't answer me, it's ok.
    I wish you good days!

• Anyone know how or why some SYS servers are gigabit when they're advertised as 250 Mbps? Do you just have to roll a dice or something when buying

• @davidw1101 said: Anyone know how or why some SYS servers are gigabit when they're advertised as 250 Mbps?

Luck, and likely OVH misconfiguring their routers. Sometimes they have corrected such mistakes retroactively, in this case (330 days uptime) it appears they have not.

@davidw1101 said: Do you just have to roll a dice or something when buying

Pretty much.

Thanked by 2davidw1101 risharde
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@davidw1101 said:
    Anyone know how or why some SYS servers are gigabit when they're advertised as 250 Mbps? Do you just have to roll a dice or something when buying

You will get random hardware with random connection port and router. Highly likely you do get fried rice with OVH, as one of our server recently had cooling system multifunctional so cooked the whole server, as it took them good few hours to replace almost everything including faulty SSD drives.

• @FlorinMarian said: 100 euros/one time if you want the transfer of the service where you will later pay 38 euros + VAT (if it is necessary).

@JackH said: The selling price for the service cannot be more than 2 times the recurring price, or $10, whichever is higher.

BAN OP pls

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • @FlorinMarian said:

@ascicode said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@ascicode said:

Oh really?
    Thank you!

My dear friend:
    1. Your server costs 66 euros without VAT per month and mine 38 (if it is bought with transfer)
    2. As you mentioned my server also includes GAME protection
    3. My server bandwidth is 1Gbps both ways, not 250 or 500Mbps.
    4. The backup space is 500GB instead of 100GB as it would normally be.
    5. I also have a /28 IPv4 block that comes bundled with the server

Since when and until so many differences are nothing that you come to hate me here while most of the members on LET give up certain services at an increase of 1-2 euros/month?

Don't answer me, it's ok.
    I wish you good days!

I do not hating anyone, didn't read propably that you pay €38 a month. It wasn't clear on my side.
    I wrote, what you could do with it, so, many others had written their ideas, but you come up with it again. Its your choice what you wanna do, since you are a Povider here, not me.
    Good luck with sales.

• Those IPs will start being paid monthly soon, right? (I'm not super into ovh news these days)

Thanked by 2yoursunny AXYZE
  • I tried to get this server from @FlorinMarian but he can't transfer to any user who don't already have SoYouStart EU account. (Its not possible to register new acc because its now OVH Eco Cloud)

Thanked by 2commercial Liso

Still available.

edited September 2022

@tronyx said:
    I tried to get this server from @FlorinMarian but he can't transfer to any user who don't already have SoYouStart EU account. (Its not possible to register new acc because its now OVH Eco Cloud)

EDITED

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider

@FlorinMarian said:

@tronyx said:
    I tried to get this server from @FlorinMarian but he can't transfer to any user who don't already have SoYouStart EU account. (Its not possible to register new acc because its now OVH Eco Cloud)

I just received this answer from SyS support.
    Since I don't have any another service associated with my account, I'll be able to change account details via API without their interaction.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting SoYouStart technical support.

You may change your account details on this page of your dashboard or using this API call.
    https://eu.soyoustart.com/fr/manager/?csid=yMrZG#/user/account
    https://eu.api.soyoustart.com/console/#/me~PUT

@Advin said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@tronyx said:

I just received this answer from SyS support.
    Since I don't have any another service associated with my account, I'll be able to change account details via API without their interaction.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting SoYouStart technical support.

You may change your account details on this page of your dashboard or using this API call.
    https://eu.soyoustart.com/fr/manager/?csid=yMrZG#/user/account
    https://eu.api.soyoustart.com/console/#/me~PUT

I did not know that this practice is prohibited, but it seems that in the case of SyS it is the only valid option for those who do not already have an account there.
    It's too late to edit my post, but it can be ignored until a moderator edits it.
    Thank you for the warning!

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Transferring the whole account by changing the account information is not allowed.

I believe this rule doesn't apply here, because SYS has specifically approved changing account name as an officially allowed method.

• @FlorinMarian said:
    The requested price is 60 euros/month if you want it to remain in our property, without having to validate your identity at OVH or 100 euros/one time if you want the transfer of the service where you will later pay 38 euros + VAT (if it is necessary).

Wouldn't such a high transfer fee also mean that this breaks the rules for advertising a transfer (as it's almost 3 times the cost of the server).

@ralf said:

@FlorinMarian said:

Wouldn't such a high transfer fee also mean that this breaks the rules for advertising a transfer (as it's almost 3 times the cost of the server).

This service was paid in advance for ~ 40 days and monthly rate is 45 eur. Where is the issue?

• @FlorinMarian said:

@ralf said:

@FlorinMarian said:

This service was paid in advance for ~ 40 days and monthly rate is 45 eur. Where is the issue?

If the recurring monthly cost is 45 then the maximum you're allowed to charge is 90.

Thanked by 1yoursunny

CloseRequest.

Sold with 90E to @tronyx

Thanked by 1tronyx
  • Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

Closed at request of OP. Friendly greetings! 🙂

Thanked by 1FlorinMarian
This discussion has been closed.