Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HudsonValleyHost on auto-pilot?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HudsonValleyHost on auto-pilot?

Is there a rep from HVH here? @hudonvalleyhost doesn't exist, but maybe there is someone else running that org representing here?

They are featured in the August 2022 edition of Best Cheap VPS Hosting on LEB, which I can't take too seriously quite frankly. Their plans are quite old and not a very good value imo.

The service seems fine for what you get (or got years ago), but I've had one non-operational ticket open for months that I even tried to get some attention with in their online chat support feature with no success. Ultimately It would be nice to see activity, updated plans and pricing, but I'm wondering if I should just give up on seeing any signs of life there.

Comments

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

The rep is @Nick

• NickNick Member, Patron Provider

@OP sent you a PM to happily assist.

Not sure about new plans or pricing yet maybe some day!

Thanked by 1jtk
  • @Nick said:
    Not sure about new plans or pricing yet maybe some day!

Thanks for the follow up.

If you don't mind the feedback... The current plans are so old and the resources so little (e.g., 128MB of RAM), and they are OpenVZ to boot, they are just no longer a good value. But operationally it has been fine otherwise. If you shift all those Self-Managed Virtual Server Plans resources one position to the left and keep the pricing, that would be somewhat reasonable imo. Although I'd love to see KVM prices around there.

Thanked by 1Nick
  • I doubt that "at-sign OP" will go to @jtk, but obviously he got the message. There is a member here with "OP" as their handle, last active April 2015.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • Updating info in this thread...

It seems that there is only one people there, working when he/she have time.
    I had a VPS and did needed a reinstall. I did used the automated reinstall in Control Panel but the VPS goes down.
    I did opened a ticket and after 10 hours they replyed I can use the automated reinstall system. Another ticket, another reply with same text. Another ticket to billing, same reply.

After 48 hours I did cancelled the VPS. (and no one asked why).

Worst support ever.

• @Redbeard said: After 48 hours I did cancelled the VPS. (and no one asked why).

Usually people don't reach out if you cancel a VPS.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

I had a dedicated server with them for years. I cancelled it almost 2 years ago. Terrible support and network. They were in a free fall.

Thanked by 1cold
  • do they provide ipv6 ?

• jtkjtk Member

@cold said:
    do they provide ipv6 ?

This is effectively colocrossing, so no, as far as I can tell there are absolutely zero IPv6 prefixes originating from their network.

Thanked by 1cold
  • @yoursunny ADD THEM TO THE LIST !

• @jtk said:

@cold said:
    do they provide ipv6 ?

This is effectively colocrossing, so no, as far as I can tell there are absolutely zero IPv6 prefixes originating from their network.

Not effectively CC, it's just a sub brand. Same exact people, network, hardware.

Thanked by 1cold