Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Buying back your "VPS 2018 Discovery SSD 1" OVH offer in SGP1/SGP2 datacenter.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Buying back your "VPS 2018 Discovery SSD 1" OVH offer in SGP1/SGP2 datacenter.

Title says it all.

Looking to buy back your "VPS 2018 Discovery SSD 1" offer from OVH if located in their Singapore datacenter (SGP1 or SGP2).

To be precise; it is the discovery promotional discontinued 2018 offer with 1vCore/1GB RAM/30GB SSD for $2.50 USD a month.

Poke this thread if you have one idling that you're not actively using and are willing to part with it for a small PayPal amount or some crypto.

Thanks!

Comments

  • Now offering a 25$ “bounty”.

  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
  • When you say "buying back", it makes like you are representing OVH, sold it to someone and now want to buy it back from them. Otherwise it's just "buying".

    Thanked by 1lowendclient
  • @ralf said:
    When you say "buying back", it makes like you are representing OVH, sold it to someone and now want to buy it back from them. Otherwise it's just "buying".

    Nah, he sold the VPS in 2018 to the person who is selling it "back" now. I'm pretty sure that's what he means

  • BKKHKBKKHK Member
    edited September 10

    Well... it's pretty obvious users on here buy a lotta dirtcheap VPS "for the lulz" only to let them idle for ages until they eventually "expire" out.

    I'm actually in need of one of these "VPS 2018 Discovery SSD 1" (in Singapore DC only) but they have been discontinued since '18... if you've got one and would like to part with it, I'd be more than happy to snatch it from you... for a price.

    That's obviously what I meant by "buying it back" from you.

  • zedzed Member

    his point was you cant "buy it back" unless you sold it to them. you can certainly "buy it", but there's no "back".

    but yes we all knew what you meant.

  • NeoonNeoon Member, Community Contributor

    OVH currently gives you 10% off, I would take it.
    Limited to end of this year.

  • BKKHKBKKHK Member
    edited September 11

    @Neoon said:
    OVH currently gives you 10% off, I would take it.
    Limited to end of this year.

    Newly provisioned servers are “trash”, more expensive, low bogomips, the DDoS protection triggers falsely constantly (at least for my usage) and these offers run off blacklisted IP addresses, no thanks.

    The 2.5$/pm discovery deals from 2018 were the “real shit”.

    The “good” netblock in tnat datacenter is 139.99.46.0/24.

    Source? Because i said so.

  • @BKKHK said:

    @Neoon said:
    OVH currently gives you 10% off, I would take it.
    Limited to end of this year.

    Newly provisioned servers are “trash”, more expensive, low bogomips, the DDoS protection triggers falsely constantly (at least for my usage) and these offers run off blacklisted IP addresses, no thanks.

    The 2.5$/pm discovery deals from 2018 were the “real shit”.

    The “good” netblock in tnat datacenter is 139.99.46.0/24.

    Source? Because i said so.

    what about OVH resellers like central.so

  • @cybertech said:

    @BKKHK said:

    @Neoon said:
    OVH currently gives you 10% off, I would take it.
    Limited to end of this year.

    Newly provisioned servers are “trash”, more expensive, low bogomips, the DDoS protection triggers falsely constantly (at least for my usage) and these offers run off blacklisted IP addresses, no thanks.

    The 2.5$/pm discovery deals from 2018 were the “real shit”.

    The “good” netblock in tnat datacenter is 139.99.46.0/24.

    Source? Because i said so.

    what about OVH resellers like central.so

    How about no? and stop derailing the thread?

  • @BKKHK said:

    @cybertech said:

    @BKKHK said:

    @Neoon said:
    OVH currently gives you 10% off, I would take it.
    Limited to end of this year.

    Newly provisioned servers are “trash”, more expensive, low bogomips, the DDoS protection triggers falsely constantly (at least for my usage) and these offers run off blacklisted IP addresses, no thanks.

    The 2.5$/pm discovery deals from 2018 were the “real shit”.

    The “good” netblock in tnat datacenter is 139.99.46.0/24.

    Source? Because i said so.

    what about OVH resellers like central.so

    How about no? and stop derailing the thread?

    lmao ok what a cunt

  • I mean you do post this request basically every month, and clearly everybody who has one wants to keep it. It might be worth considering other options.

  • Every month?

    • 31 August 2021.
    • 29 April 2022.
    • And now 2 September 2022.

    How is that "every" month?

  • I'm sure this is a mjj with attitude!

    Thanked by 1afn
  • @BKKHK said:
    Every month?

    • 31 August 2021.
    • 29 April 2022.
    • And now 2 September 2022.

    How is that "every" month?

    3 down, 9 to go.

    OK, it's not every month. My bad.

  • Heads up! Next one is in 2023.

  • I'd let you have mine, but as you didn't sell it me I'm unable to let you buy it back. I'll stop letting it idle and have it run a webserver so I can display "how about no" 🤑

    Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • Does having higher bogomips mean better performance?

  • BKKHKBKKHK Member
    edited September 14

    Thread is dead. See you sometime in 2023. I'll probably offer a 150$ bounty by then. (not a typo).

    PS: Fuck Elizabeth II.

  • lmao ok

  • @cybertech said:
    lmao ok

    Cam you !@#% off from my threads? This isn't your facebook page, thanks.

  • @BKKHK said:

    @cybertech said:
    lmao ok

    Cam you !@#% off from my threads? This isn't your facebook page, thanks.

    come back in 2023 lol

  • ralfralf Member
    edited September 14

    I'm still curious about what's so special about this particular OVH other that no offer VPS in Singapore can serve OP's needs.

    There are loads of good options in this space, and e.g. the GreenCloud budget offer whenever it's (rarely) in stock offers objectively better specs for $25 a year which is pretty close to the same price point.

  • zedzed Member

    @BKKHK said:

    @cybertech said:
    lmao ok

    Cam you !@#% off from my threads? This isn't your facebook page, thanks.

    all the silly responses are keeping your thread up chum, be appropriately grateful for our help in your quest!

  • You’re not helping anyone or anything here. Stop deluding yourself. As I said, thread is dead. I will try my luck much later again.

Sign In or Register to comment.