Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you suffering from BMV Syndrome? :P
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Are you suffering from BMV Syndrome? :P

BMV = Buy more VPS, even when you actually don't need it :P

Maybe you have plenty of idle VPSs already, but you can't resist buying another one when you see a new, tempting LEB offer. Are you one of them?

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu
Are you suffering from Buy-More-VPS Syndrome?
  1. Are you suffering from Buy-More-VPS Syndrome?129 votes
    1. Yes
      65.89%
    2. No
      34.11%

Comments

• @ironhide said:
    BMV = Buy more VPS, even when you actually don't need it :P

Maybe you have plenty of idle VPSs already, but you can't resist buying another one when you see a new, tempting LEB offer. Are you one of them?

I envy the person that voted no :P

Thanked by 1ironhide
  • I think I've cured my BMV. :)

• I did for a couple months, then learned that paying a bit more for the best providers = saving money.

• I think I suffer from BMG syndrome.

You know, Buy More Games?

Thanked by 1ironhide
  • My BMV seems to have progressed to BMD (buy more dedi's) D:

Thanked by 1DalComp
  • @DigitalDuke said:
    My BMV seems to have progressed to BMD (buy more dedi's) D:

High roller.

• raza19raza19 Veteran
    edited December 2013

I've got two problems :)

(!#!@ with sometimes over a 100 tabs open in a browser :s

2) I have a lot more vps than i shud. Been bitten by various runaway hosts several times in the past, now its in my genes to be prepared for like apocalypse or sth :s like a vps wud help :) but redundancy is to blame .....

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Since months, we dont have such awesome deals anymore.

So i dont suffer atm.

• raza19 said: 1) I am a tab hoarder :@(!#!@ with sometimes over a 100 tabs open in a browser :s

100? That's a light day for me.

• I used to.. Then I started hosting them :3 Every now and then, I see an awesome deal I just can't pass up so I buy it..

• @black said:
    High roller.

Haha ~ not really, budget dedi's have dropped dramatically in price. Once a collection of $3 p/m LEB's reaches 10+ you can actually save money replacing them with a dedi (or at least I have :P).

• @BuyMoreVM said:
    I used to.. Then I started hosting them :3 Every now and then, I see an awesome deal I just can't pass up so I buy it..

Did you read this thread then registered the same domain, and signed up here?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@Rallias said:

I do not have powerful computers, mostly old laptops and brazos boards, having 100 tabs in a browser is gonna make everything crawl so I use more browsers on more computers/VMs :)
    It is hard to count them, though, but they are surely over 100.
    As for hoarding VMs, I am past that now I BUY physical servers and colo them :P

• @DalComp said:
    Did you read this thread then registered the same domain, and signed up here?

No actually. I actually bought the domain before I saw the thread. Although I see where you are coming from, it is a complete coincidence!

• SpencerSpencer Member
    edited December 2013

BuyMoreVM said: No actually. I actually bought the domain before I saw the thread.

But buymorevm.net was ordered today

Creation Date: 2013-12-10 15:51:14

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited December 2013

"Complete coincidence!" "I'm psychic, that's why I bought this!" "No way this thread influenced me whatsoever!" "No officer, I may be holding the bloody knife and have blood all over me, but I didn't kill that man!"

Also, you appear to "own" hostbukkit too! I wonder what bymyvm and it share in common?

• Getting off topic. Like I said before, LET/LEB had no influence on my domain purchase. Does it even matter really?

@Spencer Yes, it was ordered today before I even had known this thread was posted.

• +1 for BMV , i think in total i now have 17 VPS and 3 x dedicated. So many good deals come up here i just cant help myself. Only 1 x dedi & 4 x VPS are running productions apps, think i need to see Dr Phil

Thanked by 1ironhide
  • CasiusCasius Member
    edited December 2013

Not having too much cash on PayPal helps :)

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu
  • My Dad only allows 1 vps below leb price per month so no bmv :p

• I am the only one here with merely 2 VPS at present. ;) So no I till now has not suffered from this. I always use to control it whenever I find I will get effected.

• c0yc0y Member
    edited December 2013

@BuyMoreVM said:
    Getting off topic. Like I said before, LET/LEB had no influence on my domain purchase. Does it even matter really?

Spencer Yes, it was ordered today before I even had known this thread was posted.

You are pathetic to even deny it

• @Rallias said:

We both need counseling :)

• @Rallias said:

And here I thought 50 is a lot... Well my machine can't go much more without slowing down anyway...

• @DalComp said:
    And here I thought 50 is a lot... Well my machine can't go much more without slowing down anyway...

Its in the ram , keep the paging file/virtual mem in the ram too, all in the ram, now u can open a few hundred tabs! Not that you would want it but yes nothing less than 8gb please.

• @DalComp said:

Firefox is better than chrome in that regard.

• @joelgm said:
    I think I've cured my BMV. :)

Having 12 vps servers, is not exactly cured. :))

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited December 2013

@raza19 said:
    Its in the ram , keep the paging file/virtual mem in the ram too, all in the ram, now u can open a few hundred tabs! Not that you would want it but yes nothing less than 8gb please.

I know. It's now a mere 2x2GB, but it's sufficient for my current needs. Thinking to buy a new one next year.

@Rallias said:
    Firefox is better than chrome in that regard.

Yup. I'm using IceDragon from Comodo now.
    One thing about them is they eat a lot of RAM on a long period usage. I have to occasionally reset Firefox to free some memory.

• I voted for yes although I only have 3 VPS.
    But I have to admit that the temptation is there when looking at the deals ;-)

• Catalin said: Having 12 vps servers, is not exactly cured. :))

You do have a point. :D However those are annual deals bought last year, and I've decided not to renew many of them. :)