Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

**THIS ISN'T CLICK BAIT** I'VE GOT A QUESTION ABOUT MASSIVEGRID! #1QUESTION ONLY - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

**THIS ISN'T CLICK BAIT** I'VE GOT A QUESTION ABOUT MASSIVEGRID! #1QUESTION ONLY

2»

Comments

• emghemgh Member

@henix said:

I HAVEN'T TESTED MASSIVEGRID AND HERE'S NOT MY REVIEW

Did they double your bandwidth?

THANKS YOUR SEXLUST HAS SEXTUPLE’D

• emghemgh Member

Fully automated weeky backups with 1 month kept set up using https://whmbackup.solutions/ & https://bunny.net/storage/ :)

• emghemgh Member

@jar said: Of course ignore the level3 packet loss that's just them trying to compete with walmart, but the voxility latency is bad. That's Texas to New York. Sprinkle a little packet loss at the end point, not much but not none either.

How can Level3 have an 84 % package loss btw?

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

I would love to fully automate managing all my servers but I just haven't fell in love with ansible as all the other fans have mentioned. In a sense, I would love to have something fully managed and safe so I can just work on what matters to me but it is just so difficult to trust providers to do it right and the only litmus test is to wait for a moment went something goes down which could be years later.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@emgh said:

@jar said: Of course ignore the level3 packet loss that's just them trying to compete with walmart, but the voxility latency is bad. That's Texas to New York. Sprinkle a little packet loss at the end point, not much but not none either.

I believe they deprioritize ICMP on their routers and oversell them like VolumeDrive trying to sell unmetered gigabit. They're pretty trash, but it's just ICMP.

Thanked by 2emgh bulbasaur
  • I HAVEN'T TESTED MASSIVEGRID AND HERE'S NOT MY REVIEW

Thanked by 1emgh
  • They seems to be using Jelastic (I recognize the marketing content and even some images from Jelastic marketing content)

• emghemgh Member

@angelius said:
    They seems to be using Jelastic (I recognize the marketing content and even some images from Jelastic marketing content)

Interesting!

@miroc said:

I HAVEN'T TESTED MASSIVEGRID AND HERE'S NOT MY REVIEW

Thanks your invoice has doubled

• emghemgh Member

@angelius said:
    They seems to be using Jelastic (I recognize the marketing content and even some images from Jelastic marketing content)

Can confirm you're right, at least partly.

Just created my first ticket for unblockning my IP in WHM/cPanel and the ticket page said: "For MG PaaS (Jelastic) Services please address your support request to PaaS Department."

• @jar said:

@emgh said:

I believe they deprioritize ICMP on their routers and oversell them like VolumeDrive trying to sell unmetered gigabit. They're pretty trash, but it's just ICMP.

This one time I had an ISP that was pure Level 3.

It was a delight. Absolutely the best internet I've ever had. I would have paid extra just to get access to Level 3's network.

This was also before Level 3 was bought out by CenturyLink (now Lumen).

Sad days. They've fallen so far.

Thanked by 2emgh jar
  • emghemgh Member
    edited August 2022

@risharde said:
    I would love to fully automate managing all my servers but I just haven't fell in love with ansible as all the other fans have mentioned. In a sense, I would love to have something fully managed and safe so I can just work on what matters to me but it is just so difficult to trust providers to do it right and the only litmus test is to wait for a moment went something goes down which could be years later.

I like my current approach, I'm well aware of risks but I've got redundant WHM backups running so worst case I sign up to any reseller hosting with WHM and send them my files, and point DNS to the new place. Sure would be annoying, but I think it's unlikely and if it does happen it's not the end of the world.

My ticket was solved in like 2 minutes. First a reply that they're looking into it and seconds later a reply that it's fixed, asking me to see that it works. Very nice first impression.