Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NameSilo price increase for .COM domains
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NameSilo price increase for .COM domains

JorboxJorbox Member
edited August 2022 in General

I have received the email below from NameSilo

"Hello,

This is the final reminder that Verisign will be increasing prices for .COM domains starting on September 1, 2022. This means that, unfortunately, NameSilo will need to do the same. We are contacting you because you have active or expired .COM domain(s) in your account.

There is still time to take advantage of the current lower prices by renewing your existing domains for multiple years and registering any new .COM names before September 1st. You can disregard this email if you have already renewed your domain(s) recently.

The good news is that as of September 1, 2022, we will be increasing the discounts for .COM domains across our Discount Program tiers (for full details and enrollment, please click here). If you have already acted on this information by renewing your domain, you can disregard this email.

Our current .com pricing is still a better price overall, so we recommend you renew your domains for multiple years or register all your .com domains before September 1st.

Our new prices for .COM domain(s) will be as follows:

1 - 49 domains in one order: $10.95 USD/domain

50- 100 domains in one order: $10.75 USD/domain

101- 500 domains in one order: $10.55 USD/domain

Renewal:
$10.95 USD/year

Transfer:
$9.95 USD/domain

NEW Discount Program Pricing (active account domains)

|    0+       |   100+    |    500+   |   1000+  |   2500+  |    5000+  |

Price: | $10.75 | $10.35 | $9.95 | $9.75 | $9.55 | $9.35 |

Mitigation:

1. We are advising you renew all the .COM domain(s) you wish to keep before September 1st in order to renew at the current prices. You can renew your domains for multiple years to lock in the lower price.

2. Sign up now for our Discount Program to start saving even more on your registrations and renewals here. We will be increasing the discount tiers to the prices above on Sept 1st, so you can save the more domains you have with us. Through the Discount Program, you use your Account Funds to pay for your purchases across NameSilo.

*Please note that the max age for .COM domain(s) is 10 years, therefore, you can renew them today up to 2032.

If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected].

Best Regards,
NameSilo Support Team"

What do you think about this price change I see it even more than ResellerClub now

I register .com from Resellerclub for $9.99, this is not an ad :neutral:

Thanked by 1JasonM

Comments

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected]

Thanked by 1afn
  • LeviLevi Member

Everyone will increase base price. If you see lower than base - it is a bait for gullible ones. They will take double on renewal.

• @BlaZe said:
    If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected]

I will do when I have any question thank you

• @LTniger said:
    Everyone will increase base price. If you see lower than base - it is a bait for gullible ones. They will take double on renewal.

I understand your point of view but we tend to use namesilo for its cheap price even if the panel known for being buggy and the service went down for multiple times this year but still the price over the competitors

Resellerclub renewal $10.39
    NameSilo Renewal $10.95

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

@Jorbox said:

@LTniger said:

I understand your point of view but we tend to use namesilo for its cheap price even if the panel known for being buggy and the service went down for multiple times this year but still the price over the competitors

NameSilo Renewal $10.95

Go with Cloudflare or Dynadot and If you are okay with slow and crappy UI then cosmotown their pricing is very low.

• @LTniger said:

*triple

• speedypagespeedypage Member, Patron Provider

Mhm, a bit annoying that they have tacked on a increase on their margin without mentioning this and making it seem as if it is entirely just the .COM registry increase.

Thanked by 2larmarat tetech
  • verovero Member, Host Rep

@ManishPant said:

Go with Cloudflare or Dynadot and If you are okay with slow and crappy UI then cosmotown their pricing is very low.

Net cost is $8.57 anyway, so anything lower is just (most likely) a temporary promotion.

• @Jorbox said:

@LTniger said:

NameSilo Renewal $10.95

ResellerClub renewal will be $11.39 actually.

Thanked by 1Logano
  • I have been transitioning my domains over to Cloudflare slowly over the last year. I figure as long as I am with them I should get close to industry best pricing since domains aren't their main source of revenue.

• Dupe. There's an existing thread here: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3468903

@vero said:

@ManishPant said:

Net cost is $8.57 anyway, so anything lower is just (most likely) a temporary promotion.

Plus the $0.18 ICANN fee, so the wholesale price is actually $9.15.

• Cloudflare pricing will also be increased. Seems every registrar will increase it by few cents to one dollar.

.com $8.57 $9.15 September 1, 2022

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Don't stick your dick in crazy and go with cloudflare.
    This hole yea we lock you into our services bla, cancer.

• Time to get a crypto domain where you just pay once for your tld and own it forever. Already got one with Unstoppable Domains and the process was very smooth. Brave already supports Web3 domains by default, here's to hoping more will follow.

Thanked by 1Logano
  • FYI: After this price change at NameSilo I had a domain set for autorenewal get turned off and had to manually renew it. Check your domains if they renew this month.

• I don't get it why we are still stuck in ".com" TLD. Nowadays there are new TLDs to choose from. While the competition is getting fierce between registrars, even new TLDs are being registered with crypto (HNS) for anonymity.

People need to start thinking outside (the box) ".com" control of ICANN.

• @default said:
    I don't get it why we are still stuck in ".com" TLD. Nowadays there are new TLDs to choose from. While the competition is getting fierce between registrars, even new TLDs are being registered with crypto (HNS) for anonymity.

People need to start thinking outside (the box) ".com" control of ICANN.

Because it often implies a higher level of commitment or seriousness if they can spend the extra $5/year.

Tl;dr spammers have fucked alternative tld's to the point where .com has more legitimacy than random, silly tld's.

Thanked by 1afn
  • All known registrars increased the .com price. It's bad trend.

• What is the justification for iCann increasing their pricing?

• @Flash said:
    All known registrars increased the .com price. It's bad trend.

That's because of Verisign increases the price.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

10ft pole view here, but some of these price increases are out of control.

I realize some input cost factors are higher now than a year or two ago but in a growing extent I feel as though companies are using the "inflation story" as an excuse to arbitrarily raise prices in excess of the real increases to their input costs.

In other words, if the cost to make a widget has gone up 50 cents in two years the increase passed down to the consumer is $1, or double the increase, thus padding the margins.

As consumers pull back -- which I think they are right now -- some of this inflation overshoot will dissipate and companies will be forced to compete for business based on price more so than they are today.

• @jbiloh said:
    10ft pole view here, but some of these price increases are out of control.

I realize some input cost factors are higher now than a year or two ago but in a growing extent I feel as though companies are using the "inflation story" as an excuse to arbitrarily raise prices in excess of the real increases to their input costs.

In other words, if the cost to make a widget has gone up 50 cents in two years the increase passed down to the consumer is $1, or double the increase, thus padding the margins.

As consumers pull back -- which I think they are right now -- some of this inflation overshoot will dissipate and companies will be forced to compete for business based on price more so than they are today.

I'm guessing they either thought they'd be more popular with higher revenue than they're getting and need to course correct, or their plan was to always get buy in and mass usage and then raise prices to cash in.

• The Verisign just increased 62 cents but namesilo increased $3.95. We already started transferring out domain from namesilo. Sudden increase of $3.95 is unacceptable.

• @gdhnoc said: The Verisign just increased 62 cents but namesilo increased $3.95.

It's an avidity. Go away!

• I hate when companies do this

It's like when Hostmantis said "had cPanel not incrased their pricing by 2 bucks we wouldn't have had to increase our pricing by 1337 bucks"

Thanked by 1netguy
  • @emgh said: I hate when companies do this

Me too!

Thanked by 1emgh
  • cr@ps, I overlooked their email and got slapped with 10domains for auto renewal. lucky I checked. time to move to CF.

• ooops this was 2022. LOL sorry for necroing. Namesilo just increased their price to 13.xxUSD grrrr.