Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the advantage of using aaPanel?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What is the advantage of using aaPanel?

WebiniumWebinium Member
edited August 2022 in General

I was using aaPanel for VPS that are not in production.

I hadn't used it for a long time.

Today when I installed it, I noticed that there are a lot of paid options.

Even the firewall is not free.

What do you think about it?

Comments

• I don't like it, is buggy, Keyhelp is much better!

• The major advantage is that you can handover your data to CCP

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

I set it up once, wouldn't recommend due to the source of development and fact it's targeted towards the audience in China. It's not bad, but kinda bloated and buggy, and there's many better options.

• still works for me, as long the panel itself remains free.. idc about paid addons

@Webinium said: Even the firewall is not free.

Nginx* Firewall...

• @Webinium said:
    I was using aaPanel for VPS that are not in production.

I hadn't used it for a long time.

Today when I installed it, I noticed that there are a lot of paid options.

Even the firewall is not free.

What do you think about it?

Try Hestiacp. It's the best

Thanked by 2Arkas TODO
  • @Tony40 said:
    I don't like it, is buggy, Keyhelp is much better!

+1 vouch for keyhelp, when they add nginx or openlitespeed it will be one of best free control panels!

https://www.keyhelp.de/en/#features

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@sandoz said: +1 vouch for keyhelp, when they add nginx or openlitespeed

When and If... Until then HestiaCP is the best.

• aapanel is the best. one click install everything.

• @cybertech said:
    aapanel is the best. one click install everything.

+1 I agree Chinese backdoor included also.

• @sandoz said:

@cybertech said:
    aapanel is the best. one click install everything.

+1 I agree Chinese backdoor included also.

cant disagree but if the goal is to protect privacy then there's lots more to do than just not using aapanel.

• For me Aaapanel is better than hestiacp and keyhelp. It also get update frequently

• Maybe not suitable for most users, but it is feature rich. You can easily set reverse proxy, node.js project, docker, etc. It had backup feature, easy migration to other server, just plain PHP project or WordPress, on a single installation.

• try another free one.. cloudpanel for vps.

• just easy to use.
    newbie friendly

• Stop using aaPanel, mmj have confirmed aaPanel will record all activities and report to their own server, mmj have quit.

• lowendclientlowendclient Member
    edited August 2022

Backdoor confirmed, even Chinese won't use it. Once installed, your IP, device info, VPS hardware info, website info will be upload to Chinese government.

• qebaqeba Member

free traffic from china. o:)

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited August 2022

@lowendclient said:
    Backdoor confirmed, even Chinese won't use it. Once installed, your IP, device info, VPS hardware info, website info will be upload to Chinese government.

Who confirmed it?
    Nevermind... we prefer our stuff uploaded to the NSA servers and random advertising partners anyway. Unlike chinese gov they have a least some use for our data and we like to help.

Thanked by 1TODO
  • @sandoz said:

@Tony40 said:
    I don't like it, is buggy, Keyhelp is much better!

+1 vouch for keyhelp, when they add nginx or openlitespeed it will be one of best free control panels!

https://www.keyhelp.de/en/#features

Keyhelp is great :)

Thanked by 2sandoz Tony40
  • @Mumbly said:

@lowendclient said:

Who confirmed it?
    Nevermind... we prefer our stuff uploaded to the NSA servers and random advertising partners anyway. Unlike chinese gov they have a least some use for our data and we like to help.

aaPanel does collect all your information, which is required by their government, because in the growth process of all businesses in China, the Communist Party asks for user information, so that the Communist Party can better control their people.

Thanked by 1lowendclient
  • lowendclientlowendclient Member
    edited August 2022

@Mumbly said:

@lowendclient said:

Who confirmed it?

Check this blog about BT panel (aaPanel Chinese version) backdoors exposure
    https://blog.kieng.cn/2950.html

• i switched aapanel to hestiacp and fastpanel.

why? because aapanel don't have user management, so it only 1 account to manage many website.

i need user management because i can give it to my client so they can backup and manage they files & databases.

and i need to jailed SSH account for my client, with aapanel i only can access from my root access and need chown to user after pull my script, but with hestiacp and fastpanel i don't need to chown it because my client have own jailed SSH account.

Thanked by 1Webinium
  • Have you checked cyberpanel.net?

Uses Open Lite Speed (or Enterprise with 1 domain). Integrates with CSF and got a Docker UI.

• @abangnoob said:
    i switched aapanel to hestiacp and fastpanel.

why? because aapanel don't have user management, so it only 1 account to manage many website.

i need user management because i can give it to my client so they can backup and manage they files & databases.

and i need to jailed SSH account for my client, with aapanel i only can access from my root access and need chown to user after pull my script, but with hestiacp and fastpanel i don't need to chown it because my client have own jailed SSH account.

I started to test fastpanel, but I have a little trouble understanding.

It seems to me that Centos Web panel is easier

• @dotcomUNDERGROUND said:
    Have you checked cyberpanel.net?

Uses Open Lite Speed (or Enterprise with 1 domain). Integrates with CSF and got a Docker UI.

I tested CyberPanel, I like it a lot.

I understand that some options must be paid.

But Root File Manager, is charged 4.99$/month

All services are charged 7.99$/month, it's not expensive, but it should have a trial period

• @Webinium said:

@dotcomUNDERGROUND said:
    Have you checked cyberpanel.net?

I tested CyberPanel, I like it a lot.

I understand that some options must be paid.

But Root File Manager, is charged 4.99$/month

All services are charged 7.99$/month, it's not expensive, but it should have a trial period

I don't think you actually need any of the paid stuffs.

Just use any sftp client. Or install filestash.app with docker and do sftp with it.

• ArkasArkas Moderator
    edited August 2022

I'm going to say it once, and I hope it is LOUD.
    Try cloudpanel !!!
    It's probably going to go paid in the next few months, as it has everything going for it, except email services, which in any case I think should be hosted on a different server.
    Of course, HestiaCP is also right there at the top. If you're going to pay, go DirectAdmin and forget the rest.

Thanked by 2themew FatGrizzly
  • vsys_hostvsys_host Member, Patron Provider

Try CWP

• @Arkas said: It's probably going to go paid in the next few months

This. It is a huge NO. At least leave some form of free product version. Now it is:

1. Gather client data;
    2. Test product and get rid of major bugs;
    3. Launch paid product and bank-in on customer base;

Sad :(

https://www.ispconfig.org/ FTW.