Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Cheapest EU CPU focused dedis.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Cheapest EU CPU focused dedis.

afnafn Member
edited August 26 in Requests

Hi there

I am looking for the best bang for bucks for CPU intensive tasks. Any reasonable storage config (1TB SSD, 2x 512, 2x2TB HDD, 2x 1 HDD + 1 SSD, etc)

Budget under 40€ for sure, ideally in the 30ish range.
Location EU.
network 1 gbps

I am aware of the following providers:

  • Hetzner's AX line 34€ for their ryzen dedi
  • Mevspace ryzen 5 3600 too.
  • Old webtropia Ryzen Pro 1700x via OP or ServDiscount

I know someone posted some a scaleway ryzen dedi for 30€ but can't find anymore on their website.

I am not limited to ryzen, intel is fine too, but most cheap offers for powerful CPUs seem to be ryzen configs only.

Also, not my preferred solution, but I can live with a VDS, something like Netcup's RS 4000 but are their 10 (virtual) cores as good as a fully dedicated ryzen 5 3600 ? I don't think so...

Comments

  • dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep
    edited August 26

    There are currently some Intel i7-7700k and Ryzen 1700x available on servdiscount.com (myLoc, Düsseldorf, DE). Pricing starts below 40 EUR incl. VAT and they currently run a 10% promo. Maybe one of their configurations fits your needs.

  • afnafn Member

    @dfroe said: There are currently some Intel i7-7700k and Ryzen 1700x available on servdiscount.com (myLoc, Düsseldorf, DE). Pricing starts below 40 EUR incl. VAT and they currently run a 10% promo. Maybe one of their configurations fits your needs.

    Thanks! I forgot to mention actually, that Ryzen Pro 1700x is available via Oneprovider (same DC) for a cheaper price.

    The i7-7700k is a bit weak, the other ryzen CPUs on the list beats it easily.

  • dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep
    edited August 26

    @afn said: I forgot to mention actually, that Ryzen Pro 1700x is available via Oneprovider (same DC) for a cheaper price.

    Really? I see it listed by OneProvider at 36 EUR excl. VAT. Directly by servdiscount incl. their 10% coupon it's also 36 EUR but already incl. VAT.

    Not mentioning the advantage of bypassing OneProvider's additional layer of support. :)

  • afnafn Member
    edited August 26

    @dfroe said: Directly by servdiscount incl. their 10% coupon it's also 36 EUR but already incl. VAT.

    Sorry, I meant outside the 10% promo :smile:

    Seems OP offers nicer discounts for long term. both are fine honestly

  • NeoonNeoon Member, Community Contributor
    edited August 26

    Hetzner SB, best yet.

    AMD Ryzen 7 1700X

  • The Scaleway Ryzen 5 3600 dedi is still available, but 40 EUR/mo.

    Here is the Geekbench score from YABS from my instance:
    https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/16967512

Sign In or Register to comment.