Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fresh out of prison, Martin Shkreli is back with a Web3 scam - literally from the halfway house
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Fresh out of prison, Martin Shkreli is back with a Web3 scam - literally from the halfway house

Martin Shkreli, the "Pharma Bro", notorious ex-pharmaceutical executive fresh from prison after his 2017 fraud conviction—announced his latest, eyebrow-raising venture this week: the creation of a blockchain-based Web3 drug discovery platform that traffics in his own cryptocurrency, MSI, aka Martin Shkreli Inu.

The platform, still in the early development phase, is called Druglike, according to a press release that circulated on July 25. Its goals are ostensibly lofty, but the details are extremely sketchy, and Shkreli’s intentions have already drawn skepticism. It’s also unclear whether the enterprise will run Shkreli afoul of his lifetime ban from the pharmaceutical industry, which stemmed from the abrupt and callous 4,000 percent price hike of a life-saving drug that made him infamous.

In a white paper posted on Druglike’s website, Shkreli-associated Jason Sommer lays out some concepts for how the company’s platform would work. Essentially, it would use a decentralized computing network of task providers, solvers, and validators that would run and optimize the virtual screening of drug candidates. The white paper draws similarities to FoldIt, an online puzzle game that essentially uses distributed computing and crowdsourcing to fold proteins and predict their structures.

But, for now, the white paper only loosely describes these concepts, and it’s unclear how the cryptocurrency transactions will generate value. It’s also unclear how the project will be funded, though an online exchange suggested that the company could look for venture capital financing.

https://www.wired.com/story/martin-shkreli-druglike-crypto-web3-drug-discovery-platform/

Thanked by 1raindog308

Comments

• Any new shell hosting project?

• @fynix said:
    Any new shell hosting project?

@raindog308 @jbiloh I'd like to request a review of this user's activity and a consideration of whether he should be allowed on this forum. It's obvious that apart from persistent and unsolicited off-topic comments and harassment towards multiple users, this account has no meaningful content and was created solely to break forum rules. I'm inclined to believe this is an alt of tinyweasel itself, judging from the same toxic behavior and account creation date (shortly after tinyweasel ban).

Thanked by 1gzz
  • LeviLevi Member

@econnreset said:

@fynix said:
    Any new shell hosting project?

@raindog308 @jbiloh I'd like to request a review of this user's activity and a consideration of whether he should be allowed on this forum. It's obvious that apart from persistent and unsolicited off-topic comments and harassment towards multiple users, this account has no meaningful content and was created solely to break forum rules. I'm inclined to believe this is an alt of tinyweasel itself, judging from the same toxic behavior and account creation date (shortly after tinyweasel ban).

What? Toxicity is in dna of this forum. It is fckin green! Take a chill pill.

News is outdated. That scumbag was on release path long time ago.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • ralfralf Member

What wait? The week-old alt is calling out a year old account for being an alt?

It's gonna be handbags-at-dawn.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @econnreset said: I'm inclined to believe this is an alt of tinyweasel itself, judging from the same toxic behavior and account creation date (shortly after tinyweasel ban)

Your account is less than 2 wks old and you're talking about tinyweasel? Now you're starting to sound more like tinyweasel :)

Thanked by 2yoursunny gzz
  • altception.

Thanked by 3Arkas equalz vimalware
  • Simmer down and relax econnreset

It's a stupid forum not a dick. You don't need to take it so hard.

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@ralf said:
    What wait? The week-old alt is calling out a year old account for being an alt?

It's gonna be handbags-at-dawn.

If I had to wager a guess, I'd say it's likely an established member's approved alt, who gets paid to post articles / content.

Copy / paste content from an article. Manually add / embed image from the article. Not really organic discussion or worthwhile.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited August 2022

I actually find him entertaining but I wouldn't follow his lead into anything. Our justice system in the US is as much a popularity contest as it is anything else. The people who took him down probably laughed at a nice steak dinner with people a hundred times more corrupt afterward.

But yeah, that guy is out for himself. Be entertained, don't put a dollar within his reach. He's a selfish asshole but it is entertaining to observe assholes who don't even try to put on a mask. He's not gonna cure a damn thing but he will gladly take your money. He should probably just run for congress so he can be a bit more corrupt without going to jail this time.

Thanked by 2bulbasaur that_guy