Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OpenVZ in New York / Buffalo / other north-ish east coast
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OpenVZ in New York / Buffalo / other north-ish east coast

perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
edited December 2013 in Requests

I am looking for an OpenVZ VM in New York / Buffalo / other north-ish east coast with these specs:

Bandwidth: 1500 GB+

RAM: 512 MB with 512 MB vSwap or 1024 MB

CPU: 2x 3.2GHz+ (shared of course)

Disk: 10 GB+

Port speed: 1 gbps preferred

Also need server to be reliable. I have tried others like BlueVM / Dedicated Minds and the server goes down often. I think Iniz is 2 GHz and their CPU isn't stable enough.

I am looking to use the server for game servers (relatively light-weight).

Comments

• SaikuSaiku Member, Host Rep

How about FtpIt?

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2013

``> @Saiku said:

How about FtpIt?

I think the server worked pretty well (got their NY LEB offer) but the bandwidth allocation is 1000 GB and port speed is 100 mbps. Might try them again since I haven't had any luck with other providers though.

Thanks for suggestion.

• Get a cloudive from us with 2GB RAM, 15GB SSD, KVM, 2 vCPU, in Choopa. For $7 of course. Otherwise it'll be ridiculous!

• @perennate said:
    ``> Saiku said:
    Thanks for suggestion.

We can do the following in Chicago (East-Coast-ish)

• 2x 3.50GHz (Intel Xeon E3-1270v3)
    • 1GB RAM and 1GB VSWAP
    • 40GB Disk (4x 1TB in LSI MegaRAID 10 w/ SSD Cache)
    • 1Gbps Network Port
    • 1TB Bandwidth ($3/TB for more)

This is $7 per month or $10/m with 2TB Bandwidth.

@serverian said:
    Get a cloudive from us with 2GB RAM, 15GB SSD, KVM, 2 vCPU, in Choopa. For $7 of course. Otherwise it'll be ridiculous!

Can you provide more details? I don't know where Choopa is. What traffic allocation would that have? How much would it be for 2 GB RAM, 15 GB SSD, 3 vCPU, 2 TB bandwidth, and 2x IPv4 addresses?

• SaikuSaiku Member, Host Rep

@perennate

Their SSD Offer (Chicago) have a fairshare 1gbps connection

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/379618/#Comment_379618

Thanked by 1support123
  • @perennate said:
    Can you provide more details? I don't know where Choopa is. What traffic allocation would that have? How much would it be for 2 GB RAM, 15 GB SSD, 3 vCPU, 2 TB bandwidth, and 2x IPv4 addresses?

New Jersey. 1TB by default. PM me what you have in mind for those resources and we can work something up.

• Hello @perennate Please open a support ticket.We will match the exact requirement for you :)

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@perennate said
    Also need server to be reliable. I have tried others like BlueVM / Dedicated Minds and the server goes down often. I think Iniz is 2 GHz and their CPU isn't stable enough.

I am looking to use the server for game servers (relatively light-weight).

I have a bluevm and dedicated minds vps, neither have been down.

AlexanderM said: I have a bluevm and dedicated minds vps, neither have been down.

On BlueVM, they have had several nodes offline for twelve hours plus this month. Dedicated Minds has had lower quality ever since they moved, my IP address was unreachable for 24 hours so they had to assign me a new one and every few days there is packet loss (got more packet loss this morning).

• @perennate - Delimiter will be offering VPS and dedicated servers out of the meat packing district in about 5-10 days. Contact Steve at [email protected], he maybe able to bring you on sooner. They'll be doing a pile of aggressive offers out of that facility.

• @perennate said:
    On BlueVM, they have had several nodes offline for twelve hours plus this month. Dedicated Minds has had lower quality ever since they moved, my IP address was unreachable for 24 hours so they had to assign me a new one and every few days there is packet loss (got more packet loss this morning).

We've had someone frequently send ddos attacks towards the server. only small incoming attacks which hardly do anything but it has caused 1 or 2 slow downs. We're currently looking at who this could be targeted towards and they will be dealt with. We're also waiting for delivery of the new systems which consist of Dual E5 CPU's 64 - 92GB RAM / 8x RAID10 Storage so overall we're upgrading our infrastructure. so things will be a lot more snappy.

@Perennate, please feel free to shoot me a message if I can help with anything.