Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVHcloud price adjustments in 2022 and 2023 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVHcloud price adjustments in 2022 and 2023

2»

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Tomz said: That would be a risky argument if they choose that path...

I think they have to or a lot of people move to BHS, and they're stuck with the massive power bills.

By raising it everywhere then no ones really shuffling around. The whole industry is raising prices at the moment, where are people going to? Can't go to Hetzner, they'll raise rates again before EOY.

Francisco

Thanked by 2RapToN amsaal
  • CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

@hostdare said:

@DanSummer said: Spineless individuals like you is exactly why russia did what they did.

spineless people like you keep supporting countries who is helping extend the war as far as possible , now enjoy the price hike

What other alternative do you suggest?

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

@CConner said: What other alternative do you suggest?

embrace inflation...

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited August 2022

@hostdare said:

@DanSummer said: Spineless individuals like you is exactly why russia did what they did.

spineless people like you keep supporting countries who is helping extend the war as far as possible , now enjoy the price hike

So anyone should just surrender if Russia decides to invide? Whats the point of having a country then? We could just all surrender to Russia at once according that logic of yours. Of course you will fight back against bullying and if someone walks in to your house with intention to murder everyone and to steal your TV and other valuables and then do the same to your neighbours. I have not even talked what happens between walking in to the house and the murdering part. Obviously the soldiers will look for the family women/girls first as was seen in bucha massacre.

• sunnygsunnyg Member
    edited August 2022

Ah well this sucks, as if their servers weren't overpriced already. Any price increases to countries other than UK, France and Germany would just be unnecessary. Poland's power costs are still relatively low in comparison. I'm curious to see if they give users with pay-monthly commits an option to end their commit early.

• miumiu Member
    edited August 2022

question: does someone know, if i may cancel services with commitment (12 and 24m) due from reason of increased monthly prices? Or i am obligate pay new higher prices and keep services whole commitment period despite the fact that price has been/ will be increased? Or increases will not impacts services w commitment ?

I am not able go out of their chaos and multi pages agreements and always unclear (unbright) statements ("maybe", or "we consider", "arround" 10% (maybe) etc), thanks

• @stefeman said:
    So anyone should just surrender if Russia decides to invide? Whats the point of having a country then? We could just all surrender to Russia at once according that logic of yours.

Let Ukraine defend itself against Russia. Countries should do what's best for their own citizens, not for the citizens of other countries.

• miumiu Member

@mosquitoguy said:

@stefeman said:
    So anyone should just surrender if Russia decides to invide? Whats the point of having a country then? We could just all surrender to Russia at once according that logic of yours.

Let Ukraine defend itself against Russia. Countries should do what's best for their own citizens, not for the citizens of other countries.

1) First of all, find all historical backgrounds and events that have caused conflict (yes, sure CNN will say u truth.. guaranteed)
    2) If you now cry about it, hopefully you have been crying same way for all other previous wars in past (or not? = then u r real hypocrite only, or born only 24. feb 2022)

• @miu said:
    1) First of all, find all historical backgrounds and events that have caused conflict (yes, sure CNN will say u truth.. guaranteed)

The cause of the conflict is the West manipulating Ukraine elections in order to elect a pro-West leader (because that's what the West do-- Iran would've been in a better place had the West not stuck its nose into everything). That led to the invasion of Crimea, which causes Ukrainians to be even more pro-West.

but what's your point? Western meddling or not, Ukrainians made their choice and it's their responsibility to defend their own borders.

• I'm currently renewing my server on a monthly basis. If I choose to renew for 12 months will this beat the price increase ?

• miumiu Member
    edited August 2022

@mosquitoguy said:
    The cause of the conflict is

MAIN cause is this + Ukraine have wanted join too to NATO + were killing Russian ethnics and children in East whole 8 years (from mentioned 2014, when West organized "color revolution" there), all together enough to making the Bear feeling endangered and to trigger its attack: https://i.ibb.co/j3bG5R4/N2lk3d13h-Wc-0.jpg

• miumiu Member

@happyman said:
    I'm currently renewing my server on a monthly basis. If I choose to renew for 12 months will this beat the price increase ?

I worry that yes (that increase will affect all pre-payments & periods, + 10% from DEC 2022)

• @miu said:

@happyman said:
    I'm currently renewing my server on a monthly basis. If I choose to renew for 12 months will this beat the price increase ?

I worry that yes (that increase will affect all pre-payments & periods, + 10% from DEC 2022)

Hard to say, maybe monthly only.

Thanked by 1miu
  • miumiu Member

@ascicode said:

@miu said:

@happyman said:

@ascicode said:

@miu said:

@happyman said:

In such case would have sense prepaid services for longer period.
    OVH should state it CLEARLY, no that only users must assume.. how things will be

• @miu said:
    MAIN cause is this + Ukraine have wanted join too to NATO + were killing Russian ethnics and children in East whole 8 years (from mentioned 2014, when West organized "color revolution" there): https://i.ibb.co/j3bG5R4/N2lk3d13h-Wc-0.jpg

And now Finland wants to join NATO too. Some countries are run by fools. They're just asking for WW3. The saying goes, if you don't want to make an enemy, don't treat people as if they're the enemy. Trump understood this and it's why he befriended Putin and even Kim Jong Il. A safe world is a balanced world where people don't see "friends" or "enemies".

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2022

@mosquitoguy There's a thread which says let's not derail the other fucking threads right in its subject.
    Hint: it is not this one.

Secondly, any mods? Thanks

Thanked by 1Saahib
  • @rm_ said:
    @mosquitoguy There's a thread which says let's not derail the other fucking threads right in its subject.

you want to be a mod? you seem like the hallway monitor kid who stops others without a bathroom pass. :D

• @mosquitoguy said:

you want to be a mod? you seem like the hallway monitor kid who stops others without a bathroom pass. :D

I think at one point @rm_ was a mod in here. Or at least he's been around here long enough to know who's who.

Chill out bud.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2022

@HalfEatenPie said: I think at one point @rm_ was a mod in here.

Hello. :) No I never was (and do not want to be).

Thanked by 1HalfEatenPie
  • @rm_ said:

@HalfEatenPie said: I think at one point @rm_ was a mod in here.

Hello. :) No I never was (and do not want to be).

Well I guess I've seen your avatar and your name around for too long then that I kinda figured it might have been that.

Anyways cheers bud.

• @mosquitoguy said:

@rm_ said:

You seem like a Flat Earther at a science conference.

• @HalfEatenPie said:
    I think at one point @rm_ was a mod in here. Or at least he's been around here long enough to know who's who.

kind of like nekki... that toll keeper guy for LET ("200 biloh bucks or I'm reporting to the mods!") but gets 0% commission. he was hilarious. maybe he got smart and decided he has better things to do than charity.

• @mosquitoguy said:

@HalfEatenPie said:

kind of like nekki... that toll keeper guy for LET ("200 biloh bucks or I'm reporting to the mods!") but gets 0% commission. he was hilarious. maybe he got smart and decided he has better things to do than charity.

I feel like you're failing to understand a few things there.

But hey whatever you wanna do bud.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited August 2022

@Nyr said:

@rm_ said: Does anyone know how much do they pay per kWh in France?

https://euenergy.live/

OVH is paying less than that, but still it is crazy.

Portugal and Spain show as the cheapest there. Hm. While that may be true, EDP just announced that Gas will increase 30 eur per month for everyone. In the end, we're paying for the damn war one way or another.

@mosquitoguy said:

@HalfEatenPie said:

Yeah okay mate. We got your point. Enough for now please. 👌

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@MikePT said:

@Nyr said:

Portugal shows as the cheapest there. Hm. While that may be true, EDP just announced that Gas will increase 30 eur per month for everyone. In the end, we're paying for the damn war.

For electricity, Portugal and Spain are the cheapest in the EU currently thanks to the "Iberian Exception" which allows us to pay using a different formula to account for the particularities of our national energy pool and limit the impact which gas pricing would have.

That said, the wholesale price is not the real price an end user ends up paying and it fluctuates a lot depending on the contract, at least in Spain, since you need to add a "gas tax" for most contracts, but there are also older contracts where this does not apply, etc.

For example I am very fortunate to be paying a real fixed price of 0,11€/kWh because I got an exceptionally great long term contract in the "free" market, while my neighbor could be paying a real price around 0,50€/kWh in the "regulated" market.

So yeah, we are generally paying less than the rest of the EU right now, but Spain was relatively well positioned in this energy crisis to start with, and we are now paying for the mistakes of others.

Anyway this is a temporary exception and our government will need to negotiate again with the EU before the situation improves - no guarantees that they will allow this again.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@Nyr said:

@MikePT said:

@Nyr said:

Portugal shows as the cheapest there. Hm. While that may be true, EDP just announced that Gas will increase 30 eur per month for everyone. In the end, we're paying for the damn war.

For electricity, Portugal and Spain are the cheapest in the EU currently thanks to the "Iberian Exception" which allows us to pay using a different formula to account for the particularities of our national energy pool and limit the impact which gas pricing would have.

That said, the wholesale price is not the real price an end user ends up paying and it fluctuates a lot depending on the contract, at least in Spain, since you need to add a "gas tax" for most contracts, but there are also older contracts where this does not apply, etc.

For example I am very fortunate to be paying a real fixed price of 0,11€/kWh because I got an exceptionally great long term contract in the "free" market, while my neighbor could be paying a real price around 0,50€/kWh in the "regulated" market.

So yeah, we are generally paying less than the rest of the EU right now, but Spain was relatively well positioned in this energy crisis to start with, and we are now paying for the mistakes of others.

Anyway this is a temporary exception and our government will need to negotiate again with the EU before the situation improves - no guarantees that they will allow this again.

I've just been reading about that. The gas price increase will affect 700k families here, it'll hit us hard. Around 30€ increase plus taxes starting next month. Pretty sure that, considering the inflation affecting every products, there'll be families that won't be able to pay for all bills.
    This is very sad.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@MikePT said:

@Nyr said:

@MikePT said:

@Nyr said:

I've just been reading about that. The gas price increase will affect 700k families here, it'll hit us hard. Around 30€ increase plus taxes starting next month. Pretty sure that, considering the inflation affecting every products, there'll be families that won't be able to pay for all bills.
    This is very sad.

Yes, same here. There are a LOT of families surviving on government subsidies and food from charities. And the number increases every day.

Thanked by 1MikePT