Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to deal with fake DMCA claims? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to deal with fake DMCA claims?

2»

Comments

• You can put DDOS-Guard in front of your servers, they don't care about DMCA unless they have a Russian court order I think. Or move your website to Russian servers

• Hello,
    let's say I change hosting and move to Alexhost or some other bulletproof hosting.

Can the attacker send a DMCA to the domain name registrar and make even more damage? What's the solution to that?

• @pkr said:
    I am facing the same issue. One guy copies content from my website and sends DMCA to Bing because Bing lists my website at the top for those content. The worst thing is it seems that Bing is helping that guy. Bing does not disclose anything about the guy who is submitting fake copyright claims. I wanted to sue the guy, but Microsoft is not providing any details and just removing my pages from Bing index.

My lawyer told me to send notice to Microsoft to release his/her details and then sue. But the lawyer fee was too high. Somehow I got his/her details from Google DMCA database as he/she had submitted fake copyright to Google too, but Google ignored DMCA and asked him/her for the proof which he/she does not have. The guy is from Turkey and I am not sure how to sue him from the USA.

If Google/Bing removes your content, no one can help you. Without you going to court.
    Now if you want to prevent that your website goes down or going suspended due to fake dmca claims, use offshore hosting.

The issue here is only search engines, you can't prevent them to remove your content and even if is DMCA content you will still being removed that how it works.

About the hosting, that is the trick you should use offshore hosting. They will ignore or forward. Just make sure do you it right and you choose a dmca ignored provider = less headache.

If you don't have huge money and your content is legit and the guy still messing with up, dox him, block his IP or DDoS him, that is what you can do.

Maybe is just a crawler, you can block with firewall. Sometimes there are copies there that is just a bot crawling your website, Wordfence usually solves that.

Remember if he still doing that, you only have two alternatives or you fight him like the way the does to you or you dox him and ddos his entire website (maybe he have more than you think)

I you have a contact with that guy, you should avoid conversations with them, script kiddies always will try to fuck you, even if you don't care to much but if you pay attention to them you are literally saying that they are doing it greatly.

I don't know anything about your website, but move to another hosting.

• This is all terrible advice. Don't send false reports, DDOS or unsolicited pictures of your armpits.

Instead, move providers as originally suggested

• @chria838373 said:
    This is all terrible advice. Don't send false reports, DDOS or unsolicited pictures of your armpits.

It's not a terrible advice, when people are always creating problems with their website. That's the reason, if his business is legit and he has to lose money. It's completely OK.

By the way, who is the fool who will report someone for ddos attacks on a pirated site? The owners would soon be identified out there.

If he can't find the money to take legal action, and the same continues to provoke, ruin his business, he only has two solutions.

1. Find out who he is.
    2. DDoS the website and Doxing.
    3. Giving up because someone says it's bad advice and the best thing is to give up and lose all the money, time invested!

It makes perfect sense.

• @HostMT3 said:

@chria838373 said:
    This is all terrible advice. Don't send false reports, DDOS or unsolicited pictures of your armpits.

It's not a terrible advice, when people are always creating problems with their website. That's the reason, if his business is legit and he has to lose money. It's completely OK.

By the way, who is the fool who will report someone for ddos attacks on a pirated site? The owners would soon be identified out there.

If he can't find the money to take legal action, and the same continues to provoke, ruin his business, he only has two solutions.

1. Find out who he is.
    2. DDoS the website and Doxing.
    3. Giving up because someone says it's bad advice and the best thing is to give up and lose all the money, time invested!

It makes perfect sense.

Yes, commit crime because of crime
    .... Excellent advice. I can't believe that I haven't been able to grasp this concept before today.