Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Your password was exposed in a non-Google data breach
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Your password was exposed in a non-Google data breach

amsaalamsaal Member
edited August 19 in General

So normally all was working good until today morning 8:00 Am i logged using sign in by google another site and all logged google app devices were log out and i was forced to change password.

The site i use its a cloud node website and it has option to sign in as google this was last night i did and today morning 8:00 AM all logout screenshot below.

I changed password now and i am thinking to avoid using google as login on 3rd party website.

https://snipboard.io/uGkwbB.jpg

Is this behavious happened to anyone lately? after years 10+ of using google mail this is first time happened. not sure if any one faced this issue.

Comments

  • HxxxHxxx Member

    A good security practice is to assign a different password to each site and manage it with some sort of password manager, instead of using third party sign in integrations.

    Did you had 2fa?

  • When you log in, they check your password against a list of breached passwords. The reason they can only do so at login is because they never store the plaintext passwords itself; it's only ever stored in a salted form.

  • amsaalamsaal Member

    @Hxxx said:
    A good security practice is to assign a different password to each site and manage it with some sort of password manager, instead of using third party sign in integrations.

    Did you had 2fa?

    yes activated since day 1 long time ago .

  • I was suspiciously automatically logged out of 3(work, personal and school) of my google accounts too and was forced to change password at login today.

    Thanked by 1amsaal
  • amsaalamsaal Member

    @FatGrizzly said:
    I was suspiciously automatically logged out of 3(work, personal and school) of my google accounts too and was forced to change password at login today.

    exactly so its not just me who was forced . Thanks for confirming that you also had same issue as mine.

    i am just thinking to get rid of google as complete for especially mails

  • comXyzcomXyz Member

    Well, my gmail password was 99 random chars. And I was still forced to change it.

  • amsaalamsaal Member

    @comXyz said:
    Well, my gmail password was 99 random chars. And I was still forced to change it.

    really? thats weird.

  • @comXyz said:
    Well, my gmail password was 99 random chars. And I was still forced to change it.

    To be fair, it wouldn't take just any 99 random chars.

    Thanked by 1emg
  • @amsaal said:

    @FatGrizzly said:
    I was suspiciously automatically logged out of 3(work, personal and school) of my google accounts too and was forced to change password at login today.

    exactly so its not just me who was forced . Thanks for confirming that you also had same issue as mine.

    i am just thinking to get rid of google as complete for especially mails

    Good for you, unfortunately I can't change 2 of mine :(

    Thanked by 1amsaal
  • deloridelori Member

    If you use Chrome and sync your password to your computer, this could lead to a leak because Google Chrome saves passwords in clear text and can be read by any tiny virus. For example, the Edge browser that is not a virus can import the password directly into Chrome. If you look at the Settings, you'll find that you can directly view all the saved passwords without any authentication. In other words, if someone uses your computer, they can know all your passwords. Other than that, it could be something else, it could be a hacker, it could be something else, like a lot of hackers have recently stolen databases from large companies and sold them.

  • deloridelori Member
    edited August 20

    By the way, the PC version of Chrome isn't even as good as the mobile version, which still requires a phone password or fingerprint to view, but the PC version can view it directly.

  • ChuckChuck Member

    the only way to know if you have a strong password is to post it on the internet.

Sign In or Register to comment.