Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The best choice within 100 euros, dedicated server merchants need to recommend
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The best choice within 100 euros, dedicated server merchants need to recommend

danblazedanblaze Member
edited August 2022 in Help

My budget is 100 euros per month.

The price can be higher if the product is extraordinarily good.

The following are my core requirements.

1. The server is for streaming video sharing within a hobby team of about 200 people, and will be running something like Emby, so I think I need a CPU with UHD630 or similar performance. e.g. i7-8700 or 5600g.

2. at least 32GB of RAM, could be more but it's not required.

3. hard drive, need 500G+ SSD, and at least 4T mechanical drive.

4. Network, 1G port speed is the bottom line, for the traffic limit, no limit is the best, followed by 100T or less, not less than 50T.

5. Even though this content is not open to the public, it's always good to gain resistance to ddos because you don't know what's going to happen. (Not required)

I looked at Hetzner's auction service and they have great machines for about 60€, but their network is a problem because I need to direct a lot of traffic to the Asian region.

I also looked at php-friends dedicated servers and they can actually meet the demand, but lack mechanical hard drives and are a bit out of my budget.

My first choice would be hybula, but unfortunately they don't currently offer servers with hardware transcoding capabilities.

I own servers from all three of these vendors and have been impressed with the quality of service, I am actually very satisfied. But none of them seem suitable enough for my needs.

So asking for your help, do you have any better suggestions?

Comments

• @HostSlick might be a good fit for this task and budget.

Thanked by 1danblaze
  • you can buy hetzner and use other servers to proxy your hetzner. most of the emby server do it in this way.
    btw, if you are running an emby server and mainly targeted at Chinese/Chinese speakers, I want a account :*

• @taizi said:
    you can buy hetzner and use other servers to proxy your hetzner. most of the emby server do it in this way.
    btw, if you are running an emby server and mainly targeted at Chinese/Chinese speakers, I want a account :*

This is indeed my alternative ...... but it would be easier and more stable to maintain without having to set up something like a tunnel proxy or NGINX. So I'm still considering it.

• @danblaze said:

@taizi said:
    you can buy hetzner and use other servers to proxy your hetzner. most of the emby server do it in this way.

This is indeed my alternative ...... but it would be easier and more stable to maintain without having to set up something like a tunnel proxy or NGINX. So I'm still considering it.

@danblaze said: php-friends

@danblaze said: hybula

all of them are in Europe,basically you can't get cheap hardware in Asia, so I still suggest you use some proxy