Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner Payment Panicking - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner Payment Panicking

2»

Comments

• In many cases of putting my debit card on auto payments for various things, they generally advise to pay the next invoice as the automatic payment won't kick in until next month. They probably have minimum days in advance requirements as well, just having that bit of notice makes all the difference so you can take care of it then and forget about it.

• emghemgh Member

@TimboJones said:
    In many cases of putting my debit card on auto payments for various things, they generally advise to pay the next invoice as the automatic payment won't kick in until next month. They probably have minimum days in advance requirements as well, just having that bit of notice makes all the difference so you can take care of it then and forget about it.

But it's actually processing on my card, and you can't pay manually.

• emghemgh Member

The weirdest thing ever, they just gave me access to services again, didn't get any mail or notification when I got limited, and not now when they gave back access, not a single word. Noticed it randomly.

Anyway, migrated all mail and websites to Vultr (but one domain that just keeps being annoying).

Will migrate the final annoying one tomorrow and delete my Hetzner account.

Can't complain because it gave me the kick in the but to set up the website and mail locally here in Sweden (Vultr added the location after I choose Hetzner) and finally got around to setting up Redis Object Cache as well as Redis Full-Page Cache for all websites.

Happy ending, in other words.

• @emgh said:

@bikegremlin said:

@emgh said:

@bikegremlin said:
    To make the matters worse, they don't accept card/PayPal payments in advance ("account funds") - only wire transfers.

In addition to being more complicated, in my country banks charge about $30 fixed per a wire transfer (if memory serves me well).

Sucks.

I like how I'm currently migrating away but still defend them, but:

Tried their automatic SEPA thing? Or not available where you live?

I have no idea what "automatic SEPA" is.
    I get to have my visa/mastercard charged, and wire transfers if I wish to pay in advance (using their Storage Box service).

Edit: just Googled - no, no SEPA for Serbia.

Ah, sucks!

I think it's called something like "SEPA DirectDebit". Most countries have a localized form of deducting money that banks, insurance companies etc use. In Sweden it's "Autogiro". Much better than card because it transfers with you when you change banks, and never expires.

Hetzner does it, which is nice, but sadly, dosen't help in your case.

Most hosting providers let you pre-pay the funds using a card.
    Hetzner doesn't - for some reason.
    I'd rather pay for at least a few months in advance, just in case of any bank/card hick-ups happen while I'm not near a computer.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

Hetzner was really nice to me chatting with them, even though I was frustrated. They didn't see any account lockage in their logs, whatsoever.

I probably encountered a very rare bug or something of that sort. They say that they don't lock accounts on weekends and not before 10 days. (Don't quote me on this, but that was about their point).

So honestly I have no idea what happened here, and they don't either.

Migrated but will consider them for further endeavors.

Thanked by 1ralf
  • @cazrz said:
    IIRC they have 10 day grace period.

More like 25 days..

Im always paying at least 10-15 days after the invoice is generated at hetzner.

I always do pay though.. The invoice date is just annoying and cant be changed unless I re-order the server.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • ralfralf Member

Nice that @emgh is still objective about the situation even though he decided to move away.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@stefeman said:

@cazrz said:

More like 25 days..

I always do pay though.. The invoice date is just annoying and cant be changed unless I re-order the server.

I think it has to do with account standing, I believe he said 10 days chatting with me, so it's probably the bare minimum.

@ralf said:
    Nice that @emgh is still objective about the situation even though he decided to move away.

I try to not panic-PMS publicly :D

• @stefeman said: The invoice date is just annoying and cant be changed

I think you can write to support and request them to change the billing date - they anyway prorate stuff based on the actual billing/invoice date.

(or so I think/thought)

• @nullnothere said:

@stefeman said: The invoice date is just annoying and cant be changed

I think you can write to support and request them to change the billing date - they anyway prorate stuff based on the actual billing/invoice date.

(or so I think/thought)

I tried, they said no. I need to re-order for that.

Thanked by 1nullnothere
  • edited August 2022

@emgh said: Invoice 5th, locked 7th.

Really? Invoice is 15th for me, paid 10th of next month. no locked, etc

Maybe my passport verification helped with that?

• emghemgh Member

@nanankcornering said:

@emgh said: Invoice 5th, locked 7th.

Really? Invoice is 15th for me, paid 10th of next month. no locked, etc

Maybe my passport verification helped with that?

Yeah, but so short time that I got shouldn't be possible, even according to Hetzner themselfs, so mainly a weird bug I think.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Bugs happen all the time. It sucks when production is impacted but you can never have a bulletproof system. Sometimes, the built-in redundancy itself is the SPoF.
    Nothing lasts forever, if built like humans, chances are it will last much less.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @stefeman said:

@cazrz said:

More like 25 days..

Invoice generated date != payment due date.

• emghemgh Member
    edited August 2022

Took about 30-40 VPS if not more, but I finally managed to get hold of an IP at Vultr not blocked by either Google, Outlook or Apple. Great day.

I’d say about 95 % were listed on Proofpoint and therefore fully blocked on iCloud. @jar dealt with them before? Legit company or holding Vultr hostage?

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

Hi @emgh, I'm sorry for the inconvenience you went through. Would you mind giving me your ticket number? I already sent a private message, I would really appreciate your response. Even if you have decided to move to another company, I would like one of my colleagues to look into this to see how we can improve. Thank you very much in advance! -Lea

Thanked by 1ralf
  • To provide some feedback, if it helps anyone:

I've managed to use Payoneer to make wire-transfer payment to top up Hetzner account funds.
    Payoneer seems to take about 1.5% commission, which is acceptable.

Would prefer a more elegant solution, but this works at least so that's good. I prefer paying for at least a few months in advance, to avoid any bank/payment problems from causing headaches to anyone involved.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • I run few ax161 on hetzner and paying almost 700-800 euro per month via card .
    As i am outside Eu and only option to pay is via card.

Love their prices but reading more and more complaints regarding bw issues account closure etc I am thinking to moving to other provider .

Its like hanging sword if payment fail once or some fake complaint or no complaints and They close my account wiothout accessing to server or account or prior notice.

Thanked by 1emgh
    1. Paypal will always work with them.
    2. You can try a bank transfer to add funds to your account and then you can be sure it's working and you won't miss a payment.