Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[RO] KVM | 1 vCPU - 1GB DDR4 ECC - 25GB SSD / 100GB SATA | 1.5€/mo | IPv4 + IPv6 | No SMTP - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[RO] KVM | 1 vCPU - 1GB DDR4 ECC - 25GB SSD / 100GB SATA | 1.5€/mo | IPv4 + IPv6 | No SMTP

2»

Comments

• FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

@default said:
    Is this some kind of scam? Title is saying one thing, and the specs say something else.

YO! @FlorinMarian - get your specs straight or quit being a provider here. We already have some bad experience from Romania and what was HostSolutions.

It's an error, I forgot to change the title of the first product, using a template that I saved in my laptop.
    How can it be a scam when the title is obvious as is the product description when you click on the link?

@taizi said:
    feedback from a chinese guy:don't buy,server deleted after running speedtest

Any evidence for that? :smile:

@yoursunny said:

• Clueless™ administrator! 😀 Florin frequently messes up! 😱
    • Hey! There is no IPv6! 🤩

Are you sure about it?

• You will get sudo within your VPS. 🙈🙉🙊
    • Delivery might take awhile! 😴

Instant delivery is awhile?

• No warranty, to the extent permitted by applicable law. No PayPal refunds. Not for business use. Intended especially for computer learning and fun! 🤑
    • White Hat stuff only, please! No copyright violations, please. 👍
    • Florin tries to keep the network secured. Frequent firewall mitigations are guaranteed! It's horrifying 😱 or amazing ✨💖✨ how fast-reactions the IPS/IDS is! You start a SYN flood, and -- within a minute or two -- that attack scrolls past while Intrusion Prevention System is kicking in.
    • Please make your own redundant, offsite backups! It's easy to download or sync or clone your backup to a safe place. Please also make sure that you actually can restore from your backups! Please think of your HAZI account as ephemeral! 🤦‍♂️
    • HAZI is an indie project of Florin with help from his awesome brothers. HAZI is neither a lowendtalk.com nor an OVH project. 👨‍💻​
    • Other garden visitors can see your account name, some of the processes you are running, and much other information. So, please do not put confidential information on the server. 🤔

This is KVM, nobody can see your garden :smile:

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited August 2022

@FlorinMarian said:

@yoursunny said:

Are you sure about it?

TunnelBroker does not count.
    It's also not shown on looking glass.

@default said:
    WOW! No push-ups. This provider must really tick you off if you're not in the mood.

There are still push-ups.
    He's always my little bro.

Thanked by 2adly FlorinMarian

Can a moderator edit my topic, please?

Old: VDS - 2vCPU - 4GB RAM - 120GB SSD Enterprise
    New: [KVM] 1vCPU - 1GB RAM - 25GB SSD

• zedzed Member

man, at least try. good luck.

Thanked by 2FlorinMarian default

@FlorinMarian said:

@Not_Oles can you help me with this, please?

• May I ask why VDS is listed as fair usage? I should be able to pound it to oblivion if it’s dedicated.

Thanked by 1yoursunny

@Astro said:
    May I ask why VDS is listed as fair usage? I should be able to pound it to oblivion if it’s dedicated.

Hello!

In the case of VDS servers, the processor is dedicated and the network card and the storage medium are shared resources with other servers and can be used at maximum capacity but not permanently (maximum capacity traffic is anyway limited to 10TB/month).

If you found somewhere about the CPU that it would be fair usage in the case of VDS servers, it is a mistake and I would be happy to fix it.

Thanks!

• @FlorinMarian said: 1x vCPU 2.30GHz ↗ 3.60GHz (Fair usage)

The first line actually! Maybe I didn't read it right :)

• @Astro said:

@FlorinMarian said: 1x vCPU 2.30GHz ↗ 3.60GHz (Fair usage)

Neah. It's the template again. :sweat_smile:

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

@FlorinMarian said:

@Astro said:
    May I ask why VDS is listed as fair usage? I should be able to pound it to oblivion if it’s dedicated.

Hello!

In the case of VDS servers, the processor is dedicated and the network card and the storage medium are shared resources with other servers and can be used at maximum capacity but not permanently (maximum capacity traffic is anyway limited to 10TB/month).

If you found somewhere about the CPU that it would be fair usage in the case of VDS servers, it is a mistake and I would be happy to fix it.

Thanks!

@FlorinMarian I am not bashing you but please let this be a learning lesson to take some time to write the correct description. I was going to buy the vds option but I believe I saw fair share on the order form and got confused as well.

Thanked by 2FlorinMarian default
  • Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

@FlorinMarian said:

@FlorinMarian said:

Hi! Thanks for paging me! I think I made the change as you requested. Let me know, please, if you need anything more. Thanks for your support of Low End Talk and Low End Box! Tom ✅

Thanked by 1FlorinMarian

@default said:

@Astro said:

@FlorinMarian said: 1x vCPU 2.30GHz ↗ 3.60GHz (Fair usage)

Neah. It's the template again. :sweat_smile:

I know you were being sarcastic, but yes, the template again.
    Why would I try to mislead someone as long as the title of this topic is clear, the description of the product in the topic is the same, the title and the description of the product on www.hazi.ro, the same.> @risharde said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@Astro said:

Hello!

Thanks!

@FlorinMarian I am not bashing you but please let this be a learning lesson to take some time to write the correct description. I was going to buy the vds option but I believe I saw fair share on the order form and got confused as well.

Yes, next time I will copy the template line by line, not in large to avoid such a situation happening for the 3rd time. Thanks for understanding!

@Not_Oles said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@FlorinMarian said:

Hi! Thanks for paging me! I think I made the change as you requested. Let me know, please, if you need anything more. Thanks for your support of Low End Talk and Low End Box! Tom ✅

It's fine now, thank you very much!

The Romanian servers will be unavailable for a few minutes around 16:15 (UTC+3, local time in Romania) to solve a problem with the remote control interface of the dedicated servers.

We are happy to announce that the problem related to the IPs that entered the permanent mitigation when a more aggressive speed-test was run will also be solved today.

Thank you for joining us!

Hi!
    We're glad to announce that starting from today, we will provide host CPU which allows nested virtualization for Virtual Dedicated Servers packages.

[root@hosted-by ~]# curl -sL yabs.sh | bash

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2022-06-11                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Wed Aug 10 22:50:20 EDT 2022

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 1 minutes
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2699 v3 @ 2.30GHz
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 2299.996 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 3.6 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 120.0 GiB
    Distro     : CentOS Stream 9
    Kernel     : 5.14.0-0.rc7.54.el9.x86_64

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 61.50 MB/s   (15.3k) | 1.80 GB/s    (28.1k)
    Write      | 61.62 MB/s   (15.4k) | 1.81 GB/s    (28.3k)
    Total      | 123.13 MB/s  (30.7k) | 3.61 GB/s    (56.4k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 4.92 GB/s     (9.6k) | 4.55 GB/s     (4.4k)
    Write      | 5.18 GB/s    (10.1k) | 4.85 GB/s     (4.7k)
    Total      | 10.10 GB/s   (19.7k) | 9.40 GB/s     (9.1k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                    |                           |                 |                
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 585 Mbits/sec   | 591 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 562 Mbits/sec   | busy           
    Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | 586 Mbits/sec   | 565 Mbits/sec  
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | busy            | busy           
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 398 Mbits/sec   | 304 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 300 Mbits/sec   | 346 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 314 Mbits/sec   | 214 Mbits/sec  

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 882                           
    Multi Core      | 1666                          
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/16559148

Thanked by 2yoursunny cybertech
  • @FlorinMarian said:
    Yes, next time I will copy the template line by line, not in large to avoid such a situation happening for the 3rd time. Thanks for understanding!

!remindme 10 days

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited August 2022

@yoursunny said:

[questionable assertions]

No IPv6? I'm not sure that's true, but if it is: great! I don't give a flying f_ck about IPv6 and certainly don't consider IPv6 a significant factor when judging a provider. But of course YMMV.

What I do consider significant though is that Hazi.ro / @FlorinMarian does offer additional IP4 for much less than most other providers. So, a thumbs up for that, Hazi!

My experience with Hazi.ro is positive so far, so I just purchased one of their promo VPS.

@FlorinMarian

There is one kind of criticism that's really deserved: when you repeatedly act sloppily then people tend to assume that your operations are sloppy, too. Plus it begs the question "are we (potential) customers not worth the effort to publish proper and carefully checked before publishing offers?"

Please do not continue to take that lightly!

Thanked by 1FlorinMarian

Hello!
    Starting today, we accept custom rDNS for all new and existing VPS/VDS servers.
    If you want this, open a ticket to request this.

Thanked by 1jsg
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited August 2022

Here's a short review based on over 50 runs.

Processor&memory: decent (ca. 180 single-core and 300 multi-core) except for AES and RSA which is better than on the v2 26xx and prior processors but still significantly lower than on v4 or Epyc. Both AES and PRNG hardware support is enabled.

Disk: A pleasant surprise, 4k sync writes ca 8 MB/s, 1M buffered writes ca 80 MB (seq) and 170 (rnd) and 1M buffered reads ca 1150 - 1250 MB/s. 4k/4t sync writes is ca 18 MB/s and 4600 IOPS.

Connectivity: average, DE_FRA and UK_LON are 109, NL_AMS is 100, RU_MOS is 179(!), US_NYC and WDC are 45 - 50, IN_MUM is 70(!), SGP and CN_HKG are 38, and AU_MEL is 30 and finally BR_SAO is 34 (all circa and Mb/s).

Now, when looking at those data, keep in mind what kind of product we are looking at that is, a very cheap deal ... and that also directly leads to the ...

conclusion / TL;DR

For €18 per year this a good deal, even if the node were not yet full during my testing and I'm happy that I took Hazi.ro's / @FlorinMarian 's promo. You are getting a really decent processor with adequate RAM and a really decent disk. Connectivity is somewhat subpar but plenty good enough for the kind of stuff one runs on such a small and cheap machine (DNS, smtp, a couple of smallish web sites, ...).
    If your main focus is Europe it's even a great deal.

For €36 per year though I wouldn't find it attractive and if one needs globally good connectivity one should think twice too.

• Hi.!

• @yoursunny said:

• Clueless™ administrator! 😀 Florin frequently messes up! 😱
    • You will get sudo within your VPS. 🙈🙉🙊
    • Delivery might take awhile! 😴
    • No warranty, to the extent permitted by applicable law. No PayPal refunds. Not for business use. Intended especially for computer learning and fun! 🤑
    • White Hat stuff only, please! No copyright violations, please. 👍
    • Florin tries to keep the network secured. Frequent firewall mitigations are guaranteed! It's horrifying 😱 or amazing ✨💖✨ how fast-reactions the IPS/IDS is! You start a SYN flood, and -- within a minute or two -- that attack scrolls past while Intrusion Prevention System is kicking in.
    • Please make your own redundant, offsite backups! It's easy to download or sync or clone your backup to a safe place. Please also make sure that you actually can restore from your backups! Please think of your HAZI account as ephemeral! 🤦‍♂️
    • HAZI is an indie project of Florin with help from his awesome brothers. HAZI is neither a lowendtalk.com nor an OVH project. 👨‍💻​
    • Other garden visitors can see your account name, some of the processes you are running, and much other information. So, please do not put confidential information on the server. 🤔

it looks very unreliable. o:)

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@louiejordan said:

it looks very unreliable. o:)

My brother did push-ups so he's good.
    https://pushups.ndn.today 2021-12-23 title