Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[South Sudan] need server in South Sudan - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[South Sudan] need server in South Sudan

2»

Comments

• VoidVoid Member

@DreamZ said:

@PineappleBox said:
    Unless you plan on co-locating, the closest dedicated provider offering unlimited bandwidth that I can even think of would be oneprovider in Kenya.

sigh, I guess compromise will need to be made. Co-location is still possible but not too nice option because risk of server being stole, poor country

Doesn’t sound so poor if you can afford $500/m server

• emreemre Member, LIR

maybe try one of these?

https://bgp.he.net/country/SS

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@permatahost said:
    try to pm @yoursunny they can offer you something good

I don't have a location in South Sudan.
    Our data center staff, 🐧🐧🐧🐧, doesn't want to relocate there.

Thanked by 2kheng86 Hotmarer
  • Can I just ask a simple question - why?
    What's the benefit of having it? Compared to EU location.
    I'm sure you can negotiate shipping a 1U server to some local DC,
    but again, will it be worth it?

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2022

https://trinitytechnologies.tech/services.html is the only data centre in South Sudan, the chance of you getting a 1Gbps connection on a data cap, let alone 2Gbps unmetered is slim to none.

http://www.iptecltd.com/domain-and-email-hosting-registration/ say they offer dedicated servers, contacting them may work.

It isn't impossible, you could probably fork out tens of thousands of dollars to make it happen - but then the big question would be why? This certainly isn't possible on a $500/month budget.

$10 - $15/GB is roughly the cost of data on SIM Cards there, with 3G (and some 4G) being the only real way to connect to the internet. Very few fixed lines exist. This is not a realistic proposition.

If you are doing this as you think it may be immune from some laws - the likelihood is your upstream would have their NOC based in South Africa or somewhere else, so legal complaints would likely be complied with.

• aliletalilet Member
    edited July 2022

It's going to be very difficult.

• emgemg Veteran
    edited July 2022

Off Topic, Safe to Ignore, Skip to Next Post...

I confess, I am still trying to figure out what triggers @Arkas' warnings and ban hammer. I have seen a couple of lost newbies get warned, but have also seen some nasty posts from old timers without apparent warning. Neither bothers me much, considering what I have seen on this website over the years. I hope that a better understanding of warnings and bans will come to me over time.

For newbies:
    Do not underestimate the value of lurking for a long time here. Save your first post for later.

• @emg said:
    Off Topic, Safe to Ignore, Skip to Next Post...

I confess, I am still trying to figure out what triggers @Arkas' warnings and ban hammer. I have seen a couple of lost newbies get warned, but have also seen some nasty posts from old timers without apparent warning. Neither bothers me much, considering what I have seen on this website over the years. I hope that a better understanding of warnings and bans will come to me over time.

For newbies:
    Do not underestimate the value of lurking for a long time here. Save your first post for later.

all are equal only some are more equal... that's how it always is.

• ArkasArkas Moderator
    edited July 2022

@emg said: I confess, I am still trying to figure out what triggers @Arkas' warnings and ban hammer. I have seen a couple of lost newbies get warned, but have also seen some nasty posts from old timers without apparent warning.

What makes you think that warnings are not issued? Can you see them? No.
    Do I give preferential treatment to someone who has been here for a decade, or 5 years and is a solid contributor that might have had a bad few days? I do.
    Do I follow someone who has just registered and made a few off posts differently? I do.
    You can just ask me, I will reply. To those that do know me, my honesty and straight forward no bull shit approach is seen as an asset. Unfortunately, from the outside looking in, it looks like a liability.

• emgemg Veteran

@Arkas said:

What makes you think that warnings are not issued? Can you see them? No.
    Do I give preferential treatment to someone who has been here for a decade, or 5 years and is a solid contributor that might have had a bad few days? I do.
    Do I follow someone who has just registered and made a few off posts differently? I do.
    You can just ask me, I will reply. To those that do know me, my honesty and straight forward no bull shit approach is seen as an asset. Unfortunately, from the outside looking in, it looks like a liability.

Thank you for the clarification. If I had appropriate questions, I would have asked them. You don't have to worry about that.

I said, "... without apparent warning." By that statement, I did not exclude the possibility of private warnings. I would have said, "... without any warning" otherwise.

For the two newbies, the warnings were public, and they happened recently. Other recent posts that seemed worse to me did not get a public warning. It felt like an enforcement change; that's all.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@emg said: For the two newbies, the warnings were public, and they happened recently. Other recent posts that seemed worse to me did not get a public warning. It felt like an enforcement change; that's all.

I agree. It's actually very nice to get feedback like this. Thanks. :smile:

• MumblyMumbly Member

You people take all this too serious...

At some point he's a guy who's "Looking for lowkey provider with IP's which are not banned in Turkmenistan" at other point he's a teenage guy without a credit card who's "Looking for a preferably free VPS for a PaaS I’m working on" and so on.
    He trolls you all the time.

• @Mumbly said:

At some point he's a guy who's "Looking for lowkey provider with IP's which are not banned in Turkmenistan" at other point he's a teenage guy without a credit card who's "Looking for a preferably free VPS for a PaaS I’m working on" and so on.

therefore my recommendation for this troll was also meant seriously :)

• @Mumbly said:

I am dead serious and I am not trolling anyone. Looks like you didn't even read the thread.

• The server is real but the request is fake.

• emgemg Veteran
    edited August 2022

@Mumbly said:

The examples you cited came from three different OPs (if you include this thread). Are you accusing them of being the same person that the administrators and moderators did not detect?

I take them seriously until shown otherwise, I believe they are mostly young people with limited resources and limited experience on LowEndTalk. They have crazy ideas that they want to explore, but no money. They see similar threads and hope that they will get lucky. The "free VPS for a PaaS" OP said they are 16 years old.

I have watched out-of-control teenage hackers grow into highly respected middle age security consultants with families and mortgages. Some grow up faster than others, though. Some never do.

I have learned that newbies are the future of most forums, including this one. If you take them seriously and treat them with respect, a few may become major contributors. You never know which ones. If you discourage them and filter them away, then the forum devolves into an echo chamber for old time members over time.

• @DreamZ said:
    i meet you irl I hope u pray because u will be hurting hard. funny man

lol what? you know we have members here who do tons of pushups just for fun right. absolutely hilarious this one.

Thanked by 2dahartigan yoursunny
  • @cybertech said:

@DreamZ said:
    i meet you irl I hope u pray because u will be hurting hard. funny man

lol what? you know we have members here who do tons of pushups just for fun right. absolutely hilarious this one.

Yeah. Our man Sunny is staunch and not to be messed with.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @emg said: Are you accusing them of being the same person

Yes of course.

• emgemg Veteran

@Mumbly said:

@emg said: Are you accusing them of being the same person

Yes of course.

Will you help me understand how you reached this conclusion, so we will know better how to do the same? Show us what you see that the administrators and moderators do not.

• @emg said:

@Mumbly said:

Yes of course.

Will you help me understand how you reached this conclusion, so we will know better how to do the same? Show us what you see that the administrators and moderators do not.

I said what I said, but you're allowed to be dumb and naive, so don't expect from me to change this neither participate in your personal drama.
    Yes that's the same person who troll you all the time and yes, you're naive.
    Need more? You won't get it here, kthxbye.

• @Mumbly said:

@emg said:

@Mumbly said:

Yes of course.

I said what I said, but you're allowed to be dumb and naive, so don't expect from me to change this neither participate in your personal drama.

debian thxbye

• emgemg Veteran
    edited August 2022

@Mumbly said:

It is your right to make assertions without facts or evidence to back them up. You need more to get me to buy in.

Let's see whether others agree with you.