Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Google Analytics, FB Pixel and the like - easy way to spoof data?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Google Analytics, FB Pixel and the like - easy way to spoof data?

edited July 2022 in General

For those who are technical, like me :)

Is it quite easy to spoof data sent to Google Analytics, FaceBook Pixel and shit like that?

Namely, one could easily send some fake data to someone else's Google Analytics or FaceBook Pixel using a Python script and the owners of those accounts will have no way to distinguish such a fake data from the real one. Given that the fake data has been sent in the correct format. Perhaps, via proxies too.

Correct?

Why? Out of fun, or to give the owners bad data. Or, better yet, send fake data to one's own Google Analytics when one is selling his website, to inflate its price.

I haven't found any reseach about it, although have found some stuff that indirectly proves that it's the case.

Do you chaps have links about the subject? Or have you done it youself?

Comments

• AnayxAnayx Member

Its simply called fake traffic, why so much complication of being techie ?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Nokachishikimikika said: Out of fun, or to give the owners bad data

too much time on your hands, buddy?

• edited July 2022

@Anayx said: Its simply called fake traffic, why so much complication of being techie ?

Why - because you haven't even understood what my question is about, have you? :)

In my question it's not fake traffic, and nor is it about generating one for a website. Although the end result of fake traffic, and only in some cases, and what I've described may seem identical.

• @Nokachishikimikika said:

@Anayx said: Its simply called fake traffic, why so much complication of being techie ?

Why - because you haven't even understood what my question is about, have you? :)

In my question it's not fake traffic, and nor is it about generating one for a website. Although the end result of fake traffic, and only in some cases, and what I've described may seem identical.

Bot/proxy traffic = Fake traffic

I think your over estimating your technical knowledge and severely under estimating the technical knowledge of everyone else.