Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[SoftwareRec] Forum software for nested communities and builtin wiki
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[SoftwareRec] Forum software for nested communities and builtin wiki

KassemKassem Member

What FOSS forum software that works for nested communities and also has a builtin wiki functionality?

I mean by nested:
Main page -> Communities listing (forums) -> Categories for each community (can be different)

Ability to assign admins/moderators to a specific community and not to all communities (forums).

Ability to assign users to create, edit wiki pages per forum.

When users sign up for one community, they can post in any community and no need to sign up again.

TIA

Comments

• angstromangstrom Moderator

Moved thread from Offtopic to Help

Thanked by 1Kassem
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

I believe SMF supports what you are describing minus the mods per sub forum, but I guess you could do that manually by CHMOD'ing the accounts.

Thanked by 1Kassem
  • SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

SMF is versatile and can be extended using various modifications (mods), you can use mediawiki with it. SMF is using this for its wiki so its properly maintained.

However, SMF is a classic forum software.

• KassemKassem Member

@Saahib said: SMF is versatile and can be extended using various modifications (mods), you can use mediawiki with it. SMF is using this for its wiki so its properly maintained.

I know and used MediaWiki before and would rather not use it for this.