Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Getting Back Hetzner Disabled account.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Getting Back Hetzner Disabled account.

Hi there,

A Non-US, Non-EU fellow here to seek real suggestion from you guys. Long story short I got my account disabled for non payment and unpaid due issue. First let me clear that I was having real problem with payment and tried my best to figure out the issue when I purchased the server and they also processed my order and gave me the server fully without pre-paying. I am greatly thankful to them because they have treated me a verified real customer. But when I got my invoice I tried with my card to pay 5 times and got blocked for manually paying with card. So I need to rely on them to charge my card. I changed my card twice and they still failed to charge my card. I was freaking out for server cancellation and data lost in my drive for non-payment. But I was trying my best to figure out and talk to the support and the last option was Paypal and Bank transfer. But unfortunately when I figured out they cancelled my server and disabled my account. The server I purchased 7th July 2022 and got cancelled / banned account 13July 2022 and I've done the payment of due at 15th July 2022. And still waiting for their reply from support. And nothing happening as I need one hetzner server badly. I am just waiting now and sent a DM to Hetzner_ol and they reply to forward the issue with someone else. So, My last question is will I get ever back my disabled account or Creating a new one with same ID? Or I totally banned from using their service? Just got more frustrated for not getting help on the phone by calling this number +49 (0)9831 505-146. When I called them they say only written request to support is what I can do.

Comments

• ArkasArkas Moderator

You have data on a server that you had not yet paid for in 5 days?

• Activate your Disaster Recovery Plan

• Tony40Tony40 Member

You play with fire, you get burn!

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@dedifan01 said:
    First let me clear that I was having real problem with payment and tried my best to figure out the issue when I purchased the server and they also processed my order and gave me the server fully without pre-paying. I am greatly thankful to them because they have treated me a verified real customer. But when I got my invoice I tried with my card to pay 5 times and got blocked for manually paying with card. So I need to rely on them to charge my card. I changed my card twice and they still failed to charge my card.

Given that the vast-vast majority don't seem to experience such issues with paying for a server at Hetzner, what would be your best guess about why you were experiencing such issues?

So, My last question is will I get ever back my disabled account or Creating a new one with same ID? Or I totally banned from using their service?

Presumably, your account has been disabled because you didn't pay (unless you did something bad with your server that you haven't told us about)

I wouldn't recommend creating a new account

Congrats on your first post

• try calling them again and say that you've sent a request but no response. keep calling + push them

• FalzoFalzo Member

@nanankcornering said:
    try calling them again and say that you've sent a request but no response. keep calling + push them

being pushy is not gonna help.

@dedifan01 figuring how to pay for something in a foreign country is going to be not their problem, but yours.

They probably do not want to deal with virtual creditcards, crypto or unverified other sources of payment. and eventually if you try to have someone else pay for you this might lead to a mismatch in user account data and therefore trigger fraud protection rules.

they offer a few valid options though and if you can't provide any of those properly, Hetzner simply is not the right match for you as a provider.
    move on and pick something/someone else that you are able to provide proper payment for. I heavily doubt that they will go very far in trying to help you out here over an already very cheap service...

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I usually pay on the 14th, the invoice generated on the 8th, so I assume the date wasn't the only variable unless I get special treatment I never asked for.

• ErisaErisa Member
    edited July 2022

@jar said:
    I usually pay on the 14th, the invoice generated on the 8th, so I assume the date wasn't the only variable unless I get special treatment I never asked for.

They're much more punishing to new customers compared to existing ones: https://docs.hetzner.com/general/others/late-payments-faqs#i-missed-my-first-invoice-and-hetzner-locked-my-server-why

So if this was OPs first invoice it would explain why Hetzner went so hardline on them.
    The same page attempts to explain how to re-enable a disabled account but I think it mostly amounts to "contact support".

I also have accidentally missed an invoice (As a customer for several years) and was surprised by how long it took until they eventually sent the second reminder (Missing the first reminder was how I missed it)

Thanked by 1jar
  • AstroAstro Member

Use transferwise to pay for the invoice. It worked for me when card transactions didn’t go through.