Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Providers who offer Linux Mint
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Providers who offer Linux Mint

I've been looking at linux mint after seeing a few good reviews about it and wanted to test it out on a VPS.

Does anyone know any providers who offer it as part of their templates? If not I will order a KVM and install it via the ISO.

Cheers

Comments

• I think its not that good for server purpose, more for desktop machines, is it?

• Download the iso and install in local vm. :)

Thanked by 1ska
  • painfreepcpainfreepc Member
    edited December 2013

Linux Mint 15 is a mod version of Ubuntu 13.04 uses same packages, has access to Ubuntu repositories also has it's own project's repositories,

provide a number of restricted, non-free codecs as well as a number of applications developed by the Linux Mint team,

Linux Mint also provides its own Cinnamon desktop shell, built atop some GNOME 3 components (albeit with its own, forked window manager and file browser) and designed to offer users a stylish, but somewhat classical desktop experience that is more in line with GNOME 2's aesthetics than those of its successor.

one of the sources for the above: http://www.h-online.com/open/features/Linux-Mint-15-A-better-Ubuntu-for-the-desktop-1873682.html

Note: i have a mini laptop in my living that friends and family can use it's using linux mint 15,

i have an old desktop in my bedroom it's os is linux mint 15 it's runing serviio media server, owncloud and bittorrent sync.

for vps's i use Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
    (Linux Mint 13 Is Based on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS).

• @painfreepc said:
    Linux Mint also provides its own Cinnamon desktop shell, built atop some GNOME 3 components (albeit with its own, forked window manager and file browser) and designed to offer users a stylish, but somewhat classical desktop experience that is more in line with GNOME 2's aesthetics than those of its successor.

>

Just a friendly reminder; it is considered good practice to always supply the source of the article/essay/review of whom you've copied and pasted content from.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

You can use your own iso with whatever os in www.iwstack.com

• painfreepcpainfreepc Member
    edited December 2013

@k0nsl

i have 100's of saved web pages, not book marks,

but i will go look for the source.

you are right i need to give a source if i can,

i use to answer let's of questions on yahoo answer, i recently found many of my answers on a tech blog with no credit to me.

• You can run Linux Mint on KVM or Xen HVM VPSes using an ISO image. I am not aware of any templates for Linux Mint though.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

We have the SolusVM LinuxMint 13 Desktop XFCE KVM template available.

• @Nick_A said:
    We have the SolusVM LinuxMint 13 Desktop XFCE KVM template available.

I've just made an Accounts ticket:

[Ticket ID: 330176]