Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Contabo Summer Sale - No Setup Fee
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Contabo Summer Sale - No Setup Fee

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited July 2022 in General

For those of you who wanted to get a Contabo VPS: The annoying setup fee is currently being waved for VPS and other products. Might be a good time to get one if that's what you wanted :)

Thanked by 2Arkas Not_Oles

Comments

• permatahostpermatahost Member
    edited July 2022

Thanks for information, already got one
    Bytheway, there are still setup fee in singapore location

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@permatahost said:
    Thanks for information, already got one

Yeah, sometimes ppl just want it for 1 month to run YABS and usually you end up paying for 2 months anyway due to cancellation policies. However, the setup fee on top usually kills it if you just want it for 1-2 months. Hence a good deal :)

• AstroAstro Member

@Ympker are there any contabo locations that aren’t oversold?

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@Astro said:

I last used them like 3 years ago. It's hard to tell. Iirc @jar was very happy with their US VPS performance, but best would probably be to just try things out if you're unsure. I can also imagine that their VDS line, albeit more expensive, would be more stable in performance than the VPS line.

When I used Reseller hosting at Brixly some years ago they were using Contabo for their Germany location and performance was great for me.

• Is contabo's 32 tb bw real? Has any one used the bw to the 30 tb?

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited July 2022

@letlover said:
    Is contabo's 32 tb bw real? Has any one used the bw to the 30 tb?

It's a german company and pacta sunt servanda. I'd assume that 32TB is what you can (theoretically, if congestion allows) use per month. However, each vps tier is limited to a certain speed. E.g. smallest vps has only 200 Mbit/s speed and 32TB traffic limit.

• ralfralf Member

@Ympker said:

I'd assume that 32TB is what you can (theoretically, if congestion allows) use per month. However, each vps tier is limited to a certain speed. E.g. smallest vps has only 200 Mbit/s speed and 32TB traffic limit.

A good rule of thumb is that 100Mbps is every so slightly above 1TB per day fully saturated. So 32TB is pretty much exactly 30 days worth at 50% of the allowed bandwidth.

Thanked by 2Ympker yorch
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@ralf said:

@Ympker said:

I'd assume that 32TB is what you can (theoretically, if congestion allows) use per month. However, each vps tier is limited to a certain speed. E.g. smallest vps has only 200 Mbit/s speed and 32TB traffic limit.

A good rule of thumb is that 100Mbps is every so slightly above 1TB per day fully saturated. So 32TB is pretty much exactly 30 days worth at 50% of the allowed bandwidth.

Nice! I'll keep that rule in mind. Easy to remember :)

• LeviLevi Member

Incoming bw is free. Only outgoing is counted.

• @Astro said:

The NVMe SSD servers are far better than the SATA SSD ones. If you want a server that feels fast and doesn't seem extremely overloaded, go for the NVMe ones.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@Astro said:

@Ympker said:
    I last used them like 3 years ago.

FWIW: my benchmarking (iirc) all their locations is quite a bit more recent and I remember liking their St. Louis location best in NA.

Thanked by 2Ympker roblowend
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@Ympker said:

FWIW: my benchmarking (iirc) all their locations is quite a bit more recent and I remember liking their St. Louis location best in NA.

Yeah, that may very well have been the location @jar was using. Can't say for sure, though.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Ympker said:

@Ympker said:

Yeah, that may very well have been the location @jar was using. Can't say for sure, though.

Yeah it was. Big fan, great stuff.

Thanked by 2Ympker szarka
  • Got two 1.4TB ones lol

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@serv_ee said:
    Got two 1.4TB ones lol

Just now? :D Benchmark? :P

• @Ympker said:

@serv_ee said:
    Got two 1.4TB ones lol

Nah got one last week and ordered another one when I saw the topic.

Im kinda power hungry for storage right now and well, "6vCPU-s" and "20GB ram" couple with 1.4tb of disk space...can't really complain. Although it is contabo so...

I'll bench it a little later.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited July 2022

@serv_ee said:

@Ympker said:

@serv_ee said:
    Got two 1.4TB ones lol

Nah got one last week and ordered another one when I saw the topic.

Im kinda power hungry for storage right now and well, "6vCPU-s" and "20GB ram" couple with 1.4tb of disk space...can't really complain. Although it is contabo so...

I'll bench it a little later.

Sure thing, thanks! If I was to offer web hosting with unmetered disk space (not unlimited, fair use), Contabo wouldn't be the last choice either. Quite the resources along with storage. So far, I refer clients to Ionos and other hosts, but if I'll decide to offer hosting again in the future, I'll keep them in mind. Then again, I'd probably prefer a decent reseller plan over Contabo as it's just more convenient.

• Bought one ytd but seems the speed is kind of mess in past 24 hrs.

Did another test in same location from Vultr:

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 1048576000 (1000M) [application/octet-stream]
    Saving to: ‘vultr.com.1000MB.bin’

vultr.com.1000MB.bi 100%[===================>]   1000M  21.2MB/s    in 43s

2022-07-18 01:21:39 (23.0 MB/s) - ‘vultr.com.1000MB.bin’ saved [1048576000/1048576000]

• LeftupLeftup Member

@Edward_S said:
    Bought one ytd but seems the speed is kind of mess in past 24 hrs.

2022-07-18 01:21:39 (23.0 MB/s) - ‘vultr.com.1000MB.bin’ saved [1048576000/1048576000]

That's their advertised speed bro. ~200Mbps

• @Leftup said:

@Edward_S said:
    Bought one ytd but seems the speed is kind of mess in past 24 hrs.

That's their advertised speed bro. ~200Mbps

Yea I know. The problem is speed drop blow 50Mbps sometimes. I have 2 CTB vps in other location run smoothly over a year.

• You heard it here first! Contabo's next two locations, in order, will be Japan and Brazil. I'm sure these will have location fees similar to Singapore once they release. No idea on release dates, but every time someone mentions expanding to Japan or Brazil, Contabo support goes crazy, but only those two specific locations.

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • I have buy VPS in contabo (July 18, 2022), and now, my VPS got abuse report from cogentco.com
    only 24H and i got that report -_-

I wonder why people can use VPS contabo for illegal websites (comics, anime) but it can still be used until now

Meanwhile, my VPS has only been exposed to an abuse report for 1 day. Maybe it because my VPS use CogentCo as provider