Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can you confirm than bw is unlimited on Kimsufi servers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Can you confirm than bw is unlimited on Kimsufi servers?

Just like the subject says :)

Comments

• ErisaErisa Member

Confirm how? Do you want someone to run full speed for a month and see if they get throttled? I've only done it for a few days straight and never encountered issues. OVH claim it is unlimited as far as I'm aware.

• @Erisa said:
    Confirm how? Do you want someone to run full speed for a month and see if they get throttled? I've only done it for a few days straight and never encountered issues. OVH claim it is unlimited as far as I'm aware.

Was just hoping someone with experience with these servers to confirm if they have run into any limits.

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2022

BW=/=Traffic.
    Yes, traffic is unlimited, BW is not, it is capped at 100 mbps or 1 gbps depending on plan and luck for the upload and most downloads are at 1 gbps.
    OVH has enough bw to sustain that.

• VoidVoid Member

@Maounique said:
    BW=/=Traffic.
    Yes, traffic is unlimited, BW is not, it is capped at 100 mbps or 1 gbps depending on plan and luck for the upload and most downloads are at 1 gbps.
    OVH has enough bw to sustain that.

Is the 100Mbps cap for outgoing traffic or incoming too?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2022

Depends, it is mostly for outgoing (upload), download is at 1 Gbps in most cases.
    For example, I have 2 KS. One is the lowest capped 100 mbps up and down and one is special KS-LE capped upload 100 mbps and download 1 gbps.
    There are many reports of some config errors, some supposed 100 mbps caps in the plan are in reality 1 gbps.
    I doubt they even bother to measure traffic, just cap BW and gl.

• dosaidosai Member

Yes.