Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For providers, do you feel soft demand for in the last Q?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

For providers, do you feel soft demand for in the last Q?

yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider

If so, by how much?
How about the rest of this year? Any predictions?

Business outlook
  1. Demand forecast for the rest of this year.20 votes
    1. Less than 10% lower
      20.00%
    2. 10%-20% lower
      40.00%
    3. Possibility of going out of business
      15.00%
    4. Better than ever
      25.00%

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I think everyone needs to prepare for a rough market ahead this year. It might hold out until early next year though. Have excess capital and sit on it, don't try to fix it with deals you can't honor, the bounce back may not be fast enough to subsidize it.

Thanked by 2Arkas yongsiklee
  • SwiftnodeSwiftnode Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2022

Perhaps it's the niche we cover in baremetal, but we have at least a dozen tickets for backordered hardware.

Currently our biggest issue is trying to get newer workstation motherboards from AsRock, and barebone chassis from Supermicro. I haven't even been able to get ETA on these two items beyond QX/2022.

Thanked by 1yongsiklee
  • HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2022

Our Main Business nowdays is Bare-Metal Servers.
    Theres good demand.

Not expanding the VPS and Hosting Business much anymore. At least not this year. Alot of things already to do. I can't bother.

Thanked by 1yongsiklee
  • HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2022

@Swiftnode said:
    Perhaps it's the niche we cover in baremetal, but we have at least a dozen tickets for backordered hardware.

Same here. I have something like a waiting list. Keep restocking. Next weeks two Pallets full with higher configged servers being delivered to our 2nd Datacenter Location for our clients.

We will have arround +100-120 servers more from time now - end of this year. Which is alot for us.
    None of them will be for Hosting and VPS though.

Thanked by 1yongsiklee
  • yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider

PCs, chips and Cloud services have already started experiencing slow demand for the last Q. Was it a temporary setback? Won't this constant inflation with rising interest rates translate into softer demand? Hmm...

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@yongsiklee said:
    PCs, chips and Cloud services have already started experiencing slow demand for the last Q. Was it a temporary setback? Won't this constant inflation with rising interest rates translate into softer demand? Hmm...

There's been a sudden rush of really really cheap Ryzen servers, at near E3 pricing, in the past few months. Nodes that were $300/m last year are now < $99/m and not selling out.

Francisco

Thanked by 1yongsiklee
  • MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

@Swiftnode said:

Currently our biggest issue is trying to get newer workstation motherboards from AsRock, and barebone chassis from Supermicro. I haven't even been able to get ETA on these two items beyond QX/2022.

I'll sell you some chassis in Q3 :-)

Thanked by 1Swiftnode

@Swiftnode said:

Game servers will continue to be in high demand until at least September. This typically is disconnected from the overall market as the target audience doesn't have many other expenses.

Thanked by 1lentro
  • SwiftnodeSwiftnode Member, Host Rep

@MrRadic said:

Long time no talk. :smile:

If you can get your hands on some CSE-514-505, or have some you're decommissioning (with rails), I'll take them. Supermicro is dragging major ass on getting us timelines for these barebones, and they're one of the only short chassis I've found that easily fit our rigs.

@MrRadic said:
    Game servers will continue to be in high demand until at least September. This typically is disconnected from the overall market as the target audience doesn't have many other expenses.

We've distanced ourselves from game server hosting. Pretty much isolated to just colocation + baremetal and "cloud" now. We still have some residual game server customers, but it's not something we actively advertise for anymore, too much support time for too little ROI.

@Swiftnode said:

@MrRadic said:

Long time no talk. :smile:

If you can get your hands on some CSE-514-505, or have some you're decommissioning (with rails), I'll take them. Supermicro is dragging major ass on getting us timelines for these barebones, and they're one of the only short chassis I've found that easily fit our rigs.

This is all I have coming in....but they're built for density.