Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DEDICATED SERVERS FROM $28/MONTH ★ FIRST 10 BUYERS ONLY ★ IPMI ★ FREE SECOND DISK ★ DOUBLE RAM/BW ★ - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DEDICATED SERVERS FROM $28/MONTH ★ FIRST 10 BUYERS ONLY ★ IPMI ★ FREE SECOND DISK ★ DOUBLE RAM/BW ★

Comments

• @BrianHarrison said:

@jugganuts said:

https://www.soyoustart.com/ie/offers/2204sys01.xml

CPU is not a priority but I would prefer a 1gbps port with a fixed amount of traffic over unlimited @ 250mbps.

Thanks for replying 🤠

Got it, thanks for providing that link. Yeah that D1520 CPU is pretty weak. The L5640 scores almost 40% better than it. It'll be hard for us to compete on price with a much weaker CPU, but actually at first glance the two offers are already very close:

Reprise Hosting vs SoYouStart:

• 1Gbps port with 20TB vs 250Mbs unmetered.
    • 240GB SSD + 1TB HDD vs 4x 2TB HDD.
    • Intel Xeon L5640 vs Intel Xeon D1520 CPU.
    • 16GB RAM vs 32GB RAM.
    • Full IPMI vs SoYouStart control panel (???).
    • $27.97 per month vs $27.60 per month (tax included).

What would you want to see change on our plan in order to drop SoYouStart and give us a try? :-)

If you can match those hdds 4x2tb at that spec I'd be happy to try you out, id lose out on my 16 ips and etc but that's ok.

• Does the IPMI information get sent over sometime after the server is set up and deployed? Or would we need to open a ticket and request that get sent over?.

Also, 1 small bit of immediate feedback/criticism, while only a single host I've ever been with had "great" documentation in the knowledgebase and support section, I've maybe seen 1or 2 as poorly balanced as what you guys have currently. 50 articles for cPanel, another 25 for whm, and yet a search for "proxmox" gets 0 results? I appreciate that we're supposed to be far more self-sufficient and be able to track down the most obscure information we need, than the Shared guys. But just be aware, even just some amounts of limited information about the state of the servers or procedures would be invaluable and appreciated greatly, immediately setting you guys' heads and shoulders above the pack.

• niceboyniceboy Veteran

Those who have ordered, how old are the disks guys?

• corbpiecorbpie Member
    edited July 2022

@niceboy said:
    Those who have ordered, how old are the disks guys?

Power_On_Hours

SSD (KINGSTON SA400S37240G): 1026
    HDD (Seagate ST91000640NS): 54942

• acidpukeacidpuke Member
    edited July 2022

SSD Kingston 240GB - 25859
    HDD Seagate 1TB - 7623

I definitely recommend these guys, network has a great mix of carriers and customer service is very attentive.

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

@vasharoon said:
    Does the IPMI information get sent over sometime after the server is set up and deployed? Or would we need to open a ticket and request that get sent over?.

First off, thank you for choosing Reprise Hosting -- we appreciate your business! In the 'New Server Login Information' you received there's a note in there about opening a ticket to request IPMI access. Once you get that ticket opened, we'll have your VPN access and IPMI login provisioned in short order.

We used to provision IPMI access by default, but it caused a lot of confusion and frustration for newbie users (i.e., those not familiar with IPMI on Dells, Supermicros, etc).

Folks without tons of experience with IPMI don't always realize that IPMI is not frustration-free control panel experience that you might get with cPanel or DirectAdmin. It takes some time and patience to become proficient with it and work through the quirks.

The IPMI firmware and web panels written by Dell, SuperMicro, etc are not updated often and it takes some time to get it working properly from your own workstation. If we enabled IPMI by default, every new customer would open a ticket complaining about difficulties with their IPMI :-)

Also, 1 small bit of immediate feedback/criticism, while only a single host I've ever been with had "great" documentation in the knowledgebase and support section, I've maybe seen 1or 2 as poorly balanced as what you guys have currently. 50 articles for cPanel, another 25 for whm, and yet a search for "proxmox" gets 0 results? I appreciate that we're supposed to be far more self-sufficient and be able to track down the most obscure information we need, than the Shared guys. But just be aware, even just some amounts of limited information about the state of the servers or procedures would be invaluable and appreciated greatly, immediately setting you guys' heads and shoulders above the pack.

We appreciate the feedback. I think it would probably be worthwhile to expand our knowledgebase section to include IPMI usage (mostly because it's tricky to get started with), but aside from that there aren't too many specific topics for us to focus on in a knowledgebase. Dedicated servers can be used for anything -- what would we choose to focus on in a knowledgebase? VPS and cPanel sales comprise a increasingly smaller portion of our sales.

@jugganuts said:
    If you can match those hdds 4x2tb at that spec I'd be happy to try you out, id lose out on my 16 ips and etc but that's ok.

@ThracianDog said:
    @BrianHarrison, If you can match the HDDs, I'll pull the trigger right now.

I'm not sure if we can offer something immediately like that (I'll look into it), but we might be able to incorporate it into a future special.

Is it the total amount of disk space that you care about most? Or is the number of drives more important? With 4 drives, you can configure RAID10 -- however the chassis we use for the RepriseZDED and RepriseEDED only supports three drives total.

In other words, would you be just as happy with 2x 4TB HDDs as you would with 4x 2TB HDDs?

Thanks for the feedback!

• @BrianHarrison said:
    In other words, would you be just as happy with 2x 4TB HDDs as you would with 4x 2TB HDDs?

I'm fine with 2x4TB as I'm looking for archival/storage capacity. I've used your servers before and have been very pleased with the network so I'd love to return on a long-term basis if you can make it work.

• @ThracianDog said:

@BrianHarrison said:

I'm fine with 2x4TB as I'm looking for archival/storage capacity. I've used your servers before and have been very pleased with the network so I'd love to return on a long-term basis if you can make it work.

I too would be more than happy with 2x4tb as I run in raid 0 ZFS anyway. The disk space is what I'm looking for most but I understand at that price I have to compromise on other things (CPU, RAM, BANDWIDTH but @ 1Tb). I would love to be a long term customer IV heard nothing but good things.

@jugganuts said:

@ThracianDog said:

@BrianHarrison said:

I too would be more than happy with 2x4tb as I run in raid 0 ZFS anyway. The disk space is what I'm looking for most but I understand at that price I have to compromise on other things (CPU, RAM, BANDWIDTH but @ 1Tb). I would love to be a long term customer IV heard nothing but good things.

Got it, that's good to know! You will very likely see a server special from us in the near future featuring dual 4TB drives.

@User1 said:
    These guys are legit, my two cents. I'm in no way affiliated with them, heck, I didn't even know about LET up until a month ago while I was waiting for my wife to finish shopping. I've gone through various hosting companies throughout the past few decades and my main one went out of business. Reprise gave me the hardware I needed within my budget. I got up and running within a few hours of ordering, and I also bombarded them with requests and tweaks that I needed, and they graciously did what I asked every single time within a few hours. I'm coming up on a month of service and have fully migrated over. I may pick up another server for development.

@acidpuke said:
    I definitely recommend these guys, network has a great mix of carriers and customer service is very attentive.

Thank you -- we really appreciate the feedback!

• @BrianHarrison said:
    Got it, that's good to know! You will very likely see a server special from us in the near future featuring dual 4TB drives.

I am interested in the 4TB disk too. If you offer that special later, can I switch to it for free?

@aakashmishra007 said:

@BrianHarrison said:

I am interested in the 4TB disk too. If you offer that special later, can I switch to it for free?

It'll depend on your system. If you could share your order number or private message me your email I can look it up and see what your current chassis supports.

If you have open drive slots, then we could potentially add the 4TB drives and avoid an OS re-install (though there would be an add-on cost).

However, if you want the 4TB drives in the exact configuration of the upcoming special, then we would 1. pro-rate your current month of service so you wouldn't have to pay the full cost of the first month 2. re-install your operating system on the new drives. You would need to take a backup of everything beforehand.

• bulabula Member

It'll depend on your system. If you could share your order number or private message me your email I can look it up and see what your current chassis supports.

If you have open drive slots, then we could potentially add the 4TB drives and avoid an OS re-install (though there would be an add-on cost).

However, if you want the 4TB drives in the exact configuration of the upcoming special, then we would 1. pro-rate your current month of service so you wouldn't have to pay the full cost of the first month 2. re-install your operating system on the new drives. You would need to take a backup of everything beforehand.

Cool, would be be great if I can also do that. Did snag a server from this current offer. Works great.

• @BrianHarrison, it looks like you have a mob at your door for that storage offer.

@ThracianDog said:
    @BrianHarrison, it looks like you have a mob at your door for that storage offer.

Haha, it's starting to look that way!

@bula said:
    Cool, would be be great if I can also do that. Did snag a server from this current offer. Works great.

I'm glad to hear things are working out well! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you feel there's anything we can improve upon.

• @BrianHarrison said:

@aakashmishra007 said:

@BrianHarrison said:

Thank you, same order number as before: 5967340937

@aakashmishra007 said:

@BrianHarrison said:

@aakashmishra007 said:

@BrianHarrison said:

Thank you, same order number as before: 5967340937

Your chassis does support 3.5" drives, so you would be able to upgrade the drives to higher capacity at a later date.

Please let me know if I may answer any other questions!

The RepriseGGDED chassis is completely sold out, but we've had a couple early terminations (spammer) so there is now one remaining RepriseZZDED and one remaining RepriseEEDED!

• Hello, I have a ZZDED from a while back but I would like to get the EEDED. What happens with the billing when I discontinue one for the other?

@exityxfarfuk said:
    Hello, I have a ZZDED from a while back but I would like to get the EEDED. What happens with the billing when I discontinue one for the other?

Typically what we do when someone upgrades from one server to another is they order the new machine, migrate everything over and then we issue a pro-rated refund on the original server once it's ready to be shut down. There aren't any hidden fees, extra fees or anything like that.

Could you share your order number or most recent invoice number? I'll take a quick peek at your account and confirm the details.

@BrianHarrison said:

@exityxfarfuk said:
    Hello, I have a ZZDED from a while back but I would like to get the EEDED. What happens with the billing when I discontinue one for the other?

Typically what we do when someone upgrades from one server to another is they order the new machine, migrate everything over and then we issue a pro-rated refund on the original server once it's ready to be shut down. There aren't any hidden fees, extra fees or anything like that.

Could you share your order number or most recent invoice number? I'll take a quick peek at your account and confirm the details.

I managed to confirm the details. You would be able to migrate with a pro-rated refund on the unused ZZDED time, but because of the CPU change involved it would require a fresh OS installation. Most customers in that situation would typically run both servers for a week in order to migrate over all their data safely and to avoid incurring downtime during the cutover to the new server.

• Hi when I place the order the Port speed defaults at 150Mbps, do I keep this and apply the promo so that it will automatically upgrade to 1Gbps? Or should I add the 1Gbps speed to my order?

• edited July 2022

@tungbon said:
    Hi when I place the order the Port speed defaults at 150Mbps, do I keep this and apply the promo so that it will automatically upgrade to 1Gbps? Or should I add the 1Gbps speed to my order?

Well..

Place an order for the base server with the promo code. Do not add a second HDD nor select the 1Gbps upgrade. All upgrades stated above will be applied free of charge to your order after submission. Please see the FAQ below for details.

and

I applied the promo code, but my bandwidth and port speed didn't change. Will I receive the free upgrades?
    Yes, you will still receive all of the free upgrades! We use WHMCS as our billing control panel and it has some limitations on what a single promo code can do, but rest assured that if you use the promo code you will receive all of the free upgrades listed above.

Thanked by 1tungbon

NobodyInteresting covered just about everything, but please let us know if you have any other questions. Thanks for your interest!

• I have ordered one RepriseZZDED today. Let's Hope for the best. I will update my feedback after few weeks. I am currently running a ecommerce website which has traffic mainly from APAC region. The prices and the specifications which these guys are offering are unbelievable, I just have my fingers crossed for the service after purchase as well. :)

• @Amsal said:
    I have ordered one RepriseZZDED today. Let's Hope for the best. I will update my feedback after few weeks. I am currently running a ecommerce website which has traffic mainly from APAC region. The prices and the specifications which these guys are offering are unbelievable, I just have my fingers crossed for the service after purchase as well. :)

They seem like they run a really solid shop over there, I wish I had a need for one of these boxes because they seem to value a clean network and quality support. Next time I need something in the PNW I'll definitely know where to go!

• szarkaszarka Member
    edited August 2022

@BrianHarrison said:
    What would you want to see change on our plan in order to drop SoYouStart and give us a try? :-)

I'm not the OP, but for the record the one thing holding me back is lack of IPv6.

Just a quick update -- we've renewed this special for our RepriseZDED and RepriseZZDED chassis. We had a few servers come available this morning. RepriseEEDED and RepriseGGDED remain sold out.

Get em while they last!

Thanked by 1omdids