Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH order failures
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH order failures

emilvemilv Member

Hello, anyone from OVH here? :)
I was trying to order a product there, I paid with my creditcard and it was charged but then a error came and no product delivered. Happened both with ordering a failover IP and a software license. Here is the error I received: https://ibb.co/wdXx30P

Anyone had this happen when using OVH?

Comments

• amsaalamsaal Member

call OVH and send the order number they will create a ticket and escalate to concerned team also note its saturday , you have to wait until they are back on monday.

• emilvemilv Member

Yeah, the thing is that there isnt even a order number available for both of those orders. Still they charged for both. Damn this sucks.

• PolicePolice Member

Wait a few hours, maybe the order hasn't been processed yet. Open a ticket if necessary, they respond relatively quickly.

• AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

@emilv said:
    Yeah, the thing is that there isnt even a order number available for both of those orders. Still they charged for both. Damn this sucks.

I had the same situation twice now.
    It returns to card after a few days.
    Using paypal works.

Thanked by 1szymonp
  • amsaalamsaal Member

@Police said:
    Wait a few hours, maybe the order hasn't been processed yet. Open a ticket if necessary, they respond relatively quickly.

opening ticket will not things go easy. Call first and the ticket comes later.

• emilvemilv Member

Using Paypal has the same result.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@amsaal said:

@Police said:

opening ticket will not things go easy. Call first and the ticket comes later.

they will ask you to open ticket anyway before process anything, so much better to open ticket and call and reffer to that ticket #.

• ralfralf Member

If there wasn't an order generated, you'll find that actually they haven't taken the money yet, because banking systems are usually set up to protect exactly this kind of situation.

For bigger merchants, transactions are a two step process. The merchant puts the transaction through, and it appears on the customers' bank account, and then the order gets processed. Usually overnight they are then required to reconcile the orders, so they confirm that each transaction was completed. If they don't do this last step within a fixed time (often 48h) the money is returned to the customer and they have to do a new transaction to get the money.

It's possible for them to have used a banking provider that doesn't do this properly (by immediately confirming the transaction), in which case your bank will be able to sort it out.

• AnayxAnayx Member

Happened to me once, I had opened ticket but money was reversed second day , so nothing was lost. I tried again but that server was gone by then.

• riakeriake Member

Happens to me too sometimes on their payment page. For me it always helps to disable my adblocker.

• emilvemilv Member

Got it to work finally by choosing "Other" under "Other payment methods". Looks like it's using the old system when choosing that route. :smiley:

Thanks everyone!

• @emilv said:
    Hello, anyone from OVH here? :)
    I was trying to order a product there, I paid with my creditcard and it was charged but then a error came and no product delivered. Happened both with ordering a failover IP and a software license. Here is the error I received: https://ibb.co/wdXx30P

Anyone had this happen when using OVH?

something similar happened to me weeks back. Try again in few hours and use paypal instead.

• afnafn Member

Not with ovh, but such situations do happen to me. They place "a hold" on the amount to make sure your balance covers the amount. I had cards that explicitly say "on hold" and another one that does not show the difference between "on hold" and "proceeded".

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

Once you have service at OVH are they reliable? I noticed my VPS is showing a 2.6ghz cpu.

• emilvemilv Member

The dedicated servers are nice, I tried a VPS few days ago and the CPU was Intel Core 2.4GHz which was disappointing.

• ralfralf Member

@JamesF said:
    Once you have service at OVH are they reliable? I noticed my VPS is showing a 2.6ghz cpu.

I'm finally cancelling my KS-1 at the end of this month after 9 years, because I managed to grab a KS-LE-1 during BF. In those 9 years, I've never once had a power cut or any noticeable network outage (although I wasn't especially monitoring that). So I'd say that's pretty reliable.

Of course, others in the SBG data centre might disagree with me! ;)

Thanked by 1amsaal
  • amsaalamsaal Member

@emilv said:
    The dedicated servers are nice, I tried a VPS few days ago and the CPU was Intel Core 2.4GHz which was disappointing.

yes VPS which i got also has same CPU you mentioned since they are same. I moved to Game dedicated