Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oneprovider
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Oneprovider

sonymegassonymegas Member
edited July 2022 in General

i had one server with one provider 2 years now almost but i wanted to reinstall os from ubuntu 18 to 20 but when i reinstalled the server lost "Unfortunately, it seems the server is out of service and the data has been lost." so bad and they offer it again in their site but with setup fee

i will get refund or replacement but im not sure for free

Comments

• TejyTejy Member

@sonymegas said:
    i had one server with one provider 2 years now almost but i wanted to reinstall os from ubuntu 18 to 20 but when i reinstalled the server lost "Unfortunately, it seems the server is out of service and the data has been lost." so bad and they offer it again in their site but with setup fee

That's normal. What do you expect, if the server hardware is faulty, they can't do more.
    May I ask you if it was with a server in Paris/France?

• sotssots Member

Better title needed.

• VoidVoid Member

@Tejy said:

@sonymegas said:

That's normal. What do you expect, if the server hardware is faulty, they can't do more.

How is it normal demanding setup fee for a faulty server repair ? That is same as buying a fresh server.

Thanked by 1ralf
  • @Tejy said:

@sonymegas said:

yes isp online the small server with atom

• @sots said:
    Better title needed.

i didnt know what tittle to put

• i will get refund i will not continue

• @jmaxwell said:

@Tejy said:

@sonymegas said:

How is it normal demanding setup fee for a faulty server repair ? That is same as buying a fresh server.

i will not pay any setup only if i get new one my self from their site

• TejyTejy Member

@jmaxwell said:

@Tejy said:

@sonymegas said:

They may be able to replace it without setup fees, kind of weird that they're asking to pay setup fees.

• sonymegassonymegas Member
    edited July 2022

guys can you go suggest for me any new companies for storage vps or small servers arround 5-7 euro? i dont want to pay more

• tjntjn Member

@sonymegas said:
    guys can you go suggest for me any new companies for storage vps or small servers arround 5-7 euro? i dont want to pay more

Might help if you give more information about how much storage/RAM/CPU/BW you want?

• LiteServer / Alwyzon / Kimsufi

Or just get Hetzner VPS(smallest package) + their storage box, mount via cifs/webdav.

Thanked by 1varx
  • @sonymegas said:

Kimsufi

• kimsufi setup fee so bad

• Stop crying. You wish 5 EUR dedi? Pay the setup fee then.

Thanked by 1letlover
  • varxvarx Member

@CalmDown said:
    Or just get Hetzner VPS(smallest package) + their storage box, mount via cifs/webdav.

Can their storage box be accessed without a VPS with them? What disk speed is expected? And network speed?

• @varx said:

@CalmDown said:

Can their storage box be accessed without a VPS with them? What disk speed is expected? And network speed?

Let's discuss it in private.