Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Los Angeles based VPS for Wireguard (Networking is a priority)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Los Angeles based VPS for Wireguard (Networking is a priority)

Hiya!

I'm looking to spin up a WG VPN on a Los Angeles based VPS. I've been testing a few providers and thought Vultr would be good, but it seems like they are doing some UDP shaping/limiting on my WG instance. (Can't get past 40Mbps). Other providers even 400 miles away, I have no problem hitting 600Mbps.

I'm trying to get as close as possible to saturating my Gigabit connection. RAM/CPU isn't really a big priority, as long as it can keep up with the full saturation. Don't need a lot of bandwidth per month. Maybe 2 or 3000GB.

Any recommendations? Racknerd in LA is sold out currently, and I seem to get hit by Google captcha on one of their other boxes in a different location.

Cheers!

Comments

• RamNode maybe? IIRC they have quite good network, and hourly billing now so might be worth checking

• @NeonMinnen said: Racknerd in LA is sold out currently

Unless you know where to look ;)

https://racknerdtracker.com/index.php?q=Los+Angeles+DC02

• Hey Hartigan,
    That's a really impressive ton of stuff you have listed there.

When I search for KVM in Los Angeles, it shows at least 23 of them that say "Location: Los Angeles" in the upper part of the description, but in the list of locations shown below that, they are not in Los Angeles, either permanently gone or temporarily out of stock. There's no way to tell which. The search function appears to be unable to distinguish between these two conflicting types of location information within the same product listing, where one is and the other isn't, no matter what I try to put in the search terms.

To get around the limitations of the primitive search function, could you maybe spell the ideal availability list like "LA DC02" and the current actual availability list like "Los Angeles DC02" so the search can distinguish between them? The search, while great to have, is a lot less capable than it should be for a long, complicated set of listings like this.

Also, apparently Los Angeles isn't just Los Angeles. Presumably there are differences between LA DC02 and LA DC03, besides that I guess IPv6 isn't available in DC03.

Well... no hurry. I appreciate the ton of work you've put into this.

Thanked by 1dahartigan