Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FastestVPN removes all India VPN servers - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

FastestVPN removes all India VPN servers

2»

Comments

• edited July 2022

Store your important data in disk fragmentation if you are really concerned. You could use jitter and roundtrip timing to encode data where you are concerned about a tap on the line.

• vladimirleninvladimirlenin Member
    edited July 2022

@Anayx said:

This is the reason I kept it generic. I can't say anything specific as that would be what India is trying to stop ie. censoring anything which is not in favour of ruling party.

Strongly agree with @Anayx

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2022

@vladimirlenin said: Anyone can find information with just a google search about mob lynching, cow vigilantism, divide and rule politics in the name of religion.

yes right , people are beheading in the name of religion , such sad state of affairs where people get offended so easily and kill .

Thanked by 2vyas11 pkr
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited July 2022

@vladimirlenin said:

@Anayx said:

This is the reason I kept it generic. I can't say anything specific as that would be what India is trying to stop ie. censoring anything which is not in favour of ruling party.

Strongly agree with @Anayx the ruling party treats minority community like criminals, recently one of the ruling party spokesperson even sparked a global row.

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/uae-condemns-bjp-nupur-sharma-prophet-remarks-1959124-2022-06-06

Anyone can find information with just a google search about mob lynching, cow vigilantism, divide and rule politics in the name of religion.

First and foremost, please use respectable news sources- not sham organizations. And
    Since you brought this up - do bother to post about the 4 or 5 people who were killed recently over this very matter, and the comments by the lame d!ck court judges. Also specifically take a look at which *rity they belonged to.

Partial or one sided information almost never helps anybody.

Freedom of speech is really in danger :(

Define freedom of speech with the proper context. For e.g Judge can be criticized as a person, not the judgement they offer. Similarly, take a look at tweets' posts on Reddit etc. like I said before. Almost makes me wonder why the guys at the top are still taking so much shit- from people who least appreciate/ are least deserving.

Anyways. The conversations are going out of scope here- OP and most of folks seem to equate VPN = freedom of speech. Not quite- spread your vision. Get real. Freedom of speech offline is way more important than online.

Have a good weekend.

edit: Missing my dear privacy warrior here-
    Edit: referring to @sandoz ...hope all is ine with him/her. Reason I mention is:
    Some of the most passionate, spirited comments on Privacy / freedom of speech etc. I have come across here are from Sandoz.. his/her Insights on the matter would be great.

Note: VPN only, since nobody is talking about datacenters or cloud providers or bitocoin companies who are more likely to get impacted by the new law.

Thanked by 2hostdare pkr
  • AnayxAnayx Member
    edited July 2022

I won't say much here because if there are many terms which can easily explain what's going in India but I will not use them. There is history, there is science for that but thats not for here, it will not make difference. There are so many things happening that are bad for India and its people, yet people can't see them or they are not allowed to see. Social media army is used to divide people and corrupt their views so that they can't think above what they have been told. This is happening in India.
    And so no one can question them anonymously, they want control over everything. See I am not questioning anything here.

• edited July 2022
  • TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited July 2022

@stevewatson301 said:

@pkr said: I think every country does it, and India just joined that league.

I'm yet to find a GFW in the US; AFAIK India too has its own GFW like system although not centrally managed as with China. I also don't see KYC requirements for VPNs being instituted in the Europe and US.

Yet, here we are, with the jsg-like vibes of "every country does bad things" as a justification for anything.

Monitoring is not the same as GFW. As seen from Snowden leaks, just knowing who is talking to who is useful intel.

I always thought mirror ports on switches added extra expense and wasn't used much unless specifically setup for capturing, when it appears it's everywhere for decades.

We always knew that there was widespread listening for decades but due to the speed and size requirements, nobody really understood the full capabilities until the millions of dollars FPGA capturing hardware and datacenters the size of 5 football fields were revealed.

Passive monitoring should be expected for unencrypted data anywhere on the Internet. Active filtering means you should move countries.

• @johnnyquestion said:
    Store your important data in disk fragmentation if you are really concerned. You could use jitter and roundtrip timing to encode data where you are concerned about a tap on the line.

Do you write CSI TV episodes? What you just said was complete nonsense and I feel bad for you.

Thanked by 1emg
  • Do you write CSI TV episodes? What you just said was complete nonsense and I feel bad for you.

Lol