Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

virmach node DALZ008 problem
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

virmach node DALZ008 problem

astrovpsastrovps Member

Does anyone have working vps on virmach DALZ008 node ?

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

I sense the Apocalypse of Virmach or not.

• virmach is most definitely going to deadpool

i have an open ticket from like 5 months ago

• JabJabJabJab Member

@SirFoxy said: i have an open ticket from like 5 months ago

That sounds like not possible as they auto-closed all the tickets two times (iirc) in past 3 months. You sure your ticket is still open? :P

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @JabJab said:

@SirFoxy said: i have an open ticket from like 5 months ago

That sounds like not possible as they auto-closed all the tickets two times (iirc) in past 3 months. You sure your ticket is still open? :P

i'm not sure I gave up like 4 months ago, might not be.

• aeriraerir Member

yep - mine is down and not listed as one of the 'problematic' node. Will give them couple of hours, nothing critical there for me

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Your service has been migrated if it is on a new "node" using the name LAXA000, NYCB000, TYOC000, AMSD000, FFME000, PHXZ000, SEAZ000, DENZ000, ATLZ000, SJCZ000, or MIAZ000. You can check the "node" you're on by viewing the service details page.

What does it mean if it says the node is locked?

This means data migration is in progress. It will take a few hours in most cases.

What is my service's new IP?

We are currently having issue with the API, meaning only your old IP address may appear on the service details page. While we work on resolving this, you may view your new IP by going to the "VPS Control Panel" directly.

What if my service is offline?

If your service is "offline" and the node is locked, migration is in progress. If it is "offline" and on one of the "node" names mentioned above, you may now "boot" your VPS. We are going through and booting all offline services and ensuring they come back online. If you "boot" your service and it does not appear online after migration, try unmounting any ISO and boot again. If it still fails, we are aware and keeping track of all of these and will fix the underlying issue to bring it back online.

What if my new IP doesn't work?

Please use the "reconfigure" button. Alternatively, search online for configuring to use the IP address for your operating system. For Windows, here is a third party guide. For Linux, here is another guide. Any other widespread issues will be located and resolved automatically.

• @netomx said:
    Your service has been migrated if it is on a new "node" using the name LAXA000, NYCB000, TYOC000, AMSD000, FFME000, PHXZ000, SEAZ000, DENZ000, ATLZ000, SJCZ000, or MIAZ000. You can check the "node" you're on by viewing the service details page.

What does it mean if it says the node is locked?

This means data migration is in progress. It will take a few hours in most cases.

What is my service's new IP?

We are currently having issue with the API, meaning only your old IP address may appear on the service details page. While we work on resolving this, you may view your new IP by going to the "VPS Control Panel" directly.

What if my service is offline?

If your service is "offline" and the node is locked, migration is in progress. If it is "offline" and on one of the "node" names mentioned above, you may now "boot" your VPS. We are going through and booting all offline services and ensuring they come back online. If you "boot" your service and it does not appear online after migration, try unmounting any ISO and boot again. If it still fails, we are aware and keeping track of all of these and will fix the underlying issue to bring it back online.

What if my new IP doesn't work?

Please use the "reconfigure" button. Alternatively, search online for configuring to use the IP address for your operating system. For Windows, here is a third party guide. For Linux, here is another guide. Any other widespread issues will be located and resolved automatically.

How to try unmounting any ISO and boot again ?

I tried reinstalling the ISO but it doesn't seem to work

• My Dallas VPS is showing it's on DALZ008 node and it's been offline for at least a day or two. Starting or rebooting it does not change the offline status.

Here's hoping for a quick migration then many years of Ryzen goodness.

VIRMACHGANG!

• emghemgh Member

@JDMcPea said:
    My Dallas VPS is showing it's on DALZ008 node and it's been offline for at least a day or two. Starting or rebooting it does not change the offline status.

Here's hoping for a quick migration then many years of Ryzen goodness.

VIRMACHGANG!

Too late for a quick migration.

• My DALZ008 VPS will boot now but it times out on "Waiting for network to be configured". Only way to access it is through control panel VNC. So close now...

• aeriraerir Member
    edited July 2022

DALZ008 is online now, managed to VNC. Will tinker with IP and report back.

edit - Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received
    RIP

• zenkszenks Member

welcome to virvach support system

• @SirFoxy said:
    virmach is most definitely going to deadpool

Virmach is dead to me.

• LeviLevi Member
    edited July 2022

@dahartigan said:

@SirFoxy said:

Virmach is dead to me.

But why? The price is still super low. Just wait a bit

Thanked by 1netomx
  • VoidVoid Member

@SirFoxy said:

How dare you say that!! wE aRE tOp hOsT!! wE aRe ChEaP!!

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

@LTniger said:

@dahartigan said:
    Virmach is dead to me.

But why? The price is still super low. Just wait a bit

Some feel happiness when they spend money and the numbers after the $ sign have been as small as possible.

Others feel happiness when they buy something and what they've got is working well for as long as possible.

Do whatever makes you happy. :)

• @astrovps @aerir - any luck accessing your Dallas VPS yet? Currently getting 'Unknown" for online status in Solus and this notice "An error occurred processing your request. The host is currently unavailable. Please try again later"

I see DALZ008 critical issue under Network Status yesterday: Last Updated 07/06/2022 01:52 We are rebooting DALZ008 into BIOS to make modifications to the disk settings as it appears to have an immediate issue.

Hope this node gets configured soon!

• aeriraerir Member

@JDMcPea said:
    @astrovps @aerir - any luck accessing your Dallas VPS yet? Currently getting 'Unknown" for online status in Solus and this notice "An error occurred processing your request. The host is currently unavailable. Please try again later"

I see DALZ008 critical issue under Network Status yesterday: Last Updated 07/06/2022 01:52 We are rebooting DALZ008 into BIOS to make modifications to the disk settings as it appears to have an immediate issue.

Hope this node gets configured soon!

Still having same error here :(

Thanked by 1JDMcPea
  • My DALZ008 will now boot up and is accessible through VirMach VNC/Desktop and TightVNC but no internet connectivity. I tried all the suggestions like reconfiguring networking, reinstalling OS (won't reinstall), changing main IP address back to the old one, rebooting, mounting an ISO, etc. but nothing works to get it online.

Looks like the simplest/fastest way to check to see if issues have been resolved are to go to VirMach Show Service Details and Billing Information page, click on Troubleshoot under Additional Tools, and see if the node shows up as being online. Here is what I see in the Troubleshooter:

Recommended Solutions:

Your server's host node appears to be down, check our server status page for more info. Please refrain from creating a support ticket unless the node has already been brought back up and your service is still offline.

If none of the suggested solutions work, or if nothing was suggested, create a technical support ticket describing your issue. Please also provide us with your server's login info by clicking the 'add sensitive data' button so that we may access your server and investigate.

If you contact support, provide debug data:

Main IP pings: false
    Node Online: false
    Service online: online
    Operating System: linux-ubuntu-20.04-x86_64-minimal-latest-v2
    Service Status:Active
    Registration Date:2020-12-11

• totototototo Member

Can "Ryzen Fix IP" button in "Switch IP" help you?
    But I don't know it's work or not because my VPS is on DALZ003...

Thanked by 1JDMcPea
  • Don't see those options anywhere. I do see next to "Main IP" a button that says "Change" but when I click on it there are just two paid options.

• Today 7/27/22 was able to reinstall from template on my DALZ008 VPS. Used Ryzen compatible Ubuntu 20 which showed some errors/timeouts when starting up but works. Have installed webmin/virtualmin and website from backup, everything seems OK.

Big THANK YOU to Virmach for the upgrade. Black Friday 2020 price for a Ryzen powered VPS is the best deal on the internet. Well worth the approx. 3 week wait! If you are still waiting for your Virmach VPS to be usable again recommend patience.

Here is benchmark:

#              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2022-06-11                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Wed 27 Jul 2022 01:25:28 PM UTC

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 0 days, 7 hours, 24 minutes
    Processor  : AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 3693.062 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 850.8 MiB
    Swap       : 1024.0 MiB
    Disk       : 24.3 GiB
    Distro     : Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS
    Kernel     : 5.4.0-122-generic

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 229.95 MB/s  (57.4k) | 860.40 MB/s  (13.4k)
    Write      | 230.55 MB/s  (57.6k) | 864.93 MB/s  (13.5k)
    Total      | 460.50 MB/s (115.1k) | 1.72 GB/s    (26.9k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 601.37 MB/s   (1.1k) | 852.75 MB/s    (832)
    Write      | 633.33 MB/s   (1.2k) | 909.55 MB/s    (888)
    Total      | 1.23 GB/s     (2.4k) | 1.76 GB/s     (1.7k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 786 Mbits/sec   | 196 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 780 Mbits/sec   | 180 Mbits/sec
    Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | 786 Mbits/sec   | 630 Mbits/sec
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 627 Mbits/sec   | 239 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 895 Mbits/sec   | 464 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 914 Mbits/sec   | 922 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 908 Mbits/sec   | 561 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 1147
    Multi Core      | 1060
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/16275226