Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

iHostART.Com seems down. both its website and my vps.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

iHostART.Com seems down. both its website and my vps.

i downloaded a large number of resources on it in past months and i don't have a backup. some resources are very difficultly to find.

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@dpt0000 said: some resources are very difficultly to find

Yet you don't have a backup :smiley:

• Involucration is real.

• kasodkkasodk Barred

No. If you check https://uptime.ihostart.com, you can see that everything is just fine.

:D

• TeYroXTeYroX Member

Did his wooden racks just burned?

Thanked by 1miu
  • You know they're a terrible host right

• AXYZEAXYZE Member

You guys have too much free time it seems.

Host used some comic font to make logo, had pirated WHMCS, managing all of operation from his gaming PC and his backup network was cellular LTE. There was 4x more red flags but I dont remember all. Ahhhh... wooden racks, cheapest kingston ssd...

I know everyone has to start from somewhere, but... what did you expect? If he doesnt have $5-$20 for logo from Fiverr or $10-$20 extra for Crucial MX500 MLC instead of Kingston A40 TLC... he wont have enough to fix servers. So if they fail they fail... and they did.

Either he wont come back or you will wait until he can grab some deals on parts.

Have you paid for year or two years in advance?

Thanked by 1dosai
  • CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

Hello @dpt0000 , we just changed some pdu and I added the servers on some new racks, I posted an announcement on the site about 2 days ago about this downtime.In maximum 40 minutes all it s online again

@TeYroX servers it's fine , here is a picture of them on some metal racks this time > https://imgur.com/a/yxSPQRG

@dpt0000 Thank you for your interest , My discord ID Stapinu#0670 , so as not you open the topic every time there is a problem

Regards,
    Calin

• ralfralf Member

And yet if you go to ihostart.com you get a CF error message saying the site is down.

• defaultdefault Veteran

Wow! He upgraded from wood frames to metal frames!

• GhtGht Member

They are known for scamming people -BEWARE-

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/fastvds.ro

@Ght I never scamming people , I certainly didn't have the best start because of a tight budget, but to say I scamming on someone is a very serious accusation.

Everything is online and functional you can close this topic if you want @DP , Thanks!

• defaultdefault Veteran

@Calin said:
    @Ght I never scamming people , I certainly didn't have the best start because of a tight budget, but to say I scamming on someone is a very serious accusation.

Yeah, right. Selling swap as RAM and bragging about it - not scamming at all.

• i have difficultly to understand why you go with such provider

• ailiceailice Member

@default said:

Yeah, right. Selling swap as RAM and bragging about it - not scamming at all.

Maybe you say wrong people

• @Calin BTW, if I exceed my traffic limit, will you directly ask me pay for the additional traffic, or will shut down my VPS network first until I pay for more traffic?

• PineappleBoxPineappleBox Member
    edited July 2022

The owner runs his servers out of his home. This is quite literally a photo (posted by the owner of ihostart to their discord) of 2 of their new servers:
    With that being said, I'd advise against anyone relying on their services for any remotely critical data.

• People actually use calin's service?

People actually use ihostart?

I recommend you stay far away from this company. I recommend you do not use them. You can spend your money and get better/more valuable service elsewhere.

• VoidVoid Member

@PineappleBox said:
    The owner runs his servers out of his home. This is quite literally a photo (posted by the owner of ihostart to their discord) of 2 of their new servers:
    With that being said, I'd advise against anyone relying on their services for any remotely critical data.

Hence “own DC”

• JabJabJabJab Member

This is probably the "I've ordered some servers, they came on a pallet, I am not an idiot to lift them up, let's just configure them and move them later".

Not saying he is not running them from home or does not have wooden racks or it's high quality or decent... but at least be serious here :P

• Scam. Avoid.