Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH iGPU support
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH iGPU support

CalmDownCalmDown Member

Has anybody tried to enable iGPU on the latest Xeon machines? And succeeded?

As I heard, due to the motherboard it's not possible.

Comments

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited July 2022

IPMI and access bios. There should be a setting for it, if the CPU has iGPU.

Theres also a chance that OVH disabled the possibility for that in order to sell GPU servers more on public cloud side. Or to save electricity or to avoid DMCA. Who knows.

• @stefeman said:
    IPMI and access bios. There should be a setting for it, if the CPU has iGPU.

Theres also a chance that OVH disabled the possibility for that in order to sell GPU servers more on public cloud side. Or to save electricity or to avoid DMCA. Who knows.

It definitely has, as I do use 2388G. Might you can a little navigate me where I need to look in bios? As I was checking Chipset/CPU settings in bios and haven't found anything

• The integrated GPU is already enabled in the BIOS. If you find the setting in the BIOS, do not disable it, it is what powers the IPMI. Without it, your IPMI will show a blank video and OVH will have to replace the motherboard to fix it (a good 3-4 hour downtime). The 23xxG series servers at OVH have the Intel integrated GPU disabled, there is no way of enabling it. You will need to find one of the old GAME (SYS) servers if you want to use the Intel iGPU.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Smith42 said:
    The integrated GPU is already enabled in the BIOS. If you find the setting in the BIOS, do not disable it, it is what powers the IPMI. Without it, your IPMI will show a blank video and OVH will have to replace the motherboard to fix it (a good 3-4 hour downtime). The 23xxG series servers at OVH have the Intel integrated GPU disabled, there is no way of enabling it. You will need to find one of the old GAME (SYS) servers if you want to use the Intel iGPU.

You ever just read something and go "How the fuck do you know all that bud." Now I'm curious.

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

that's new, IGPU is enabled on all KS so far.

• @jar said:

@Smith42 said:
    The integrated GPU is already enabled in the BIOS. If you find the setting in the BIOS, do not disable it, it is what powers the IPMI. Without it, your IPMI will show a blank video and OVH will have to replace the motherboard to fix it (a good 3-4 hour downtime). The 23xxG series servers at OVH have the Intel integrated GPU disabled, there is no way of enabling it. You will need to find one of the old GAME (SYS) servers if you want to use the Intel iGPU.

You ever just read something and go "How the fuck do you know all that bud." Now I'm curious.

I know I sound like I know my shit, but its just second hand info from a reseller I know who did their due diligence. I figured I'd warn OP before he bricks his/her server.

Thanked by 1jar