Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PIA VPN free for 26 months
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PIA VPN free for 26 months

amitshloamitshlo Member
edited June 2022 in General

TopCashBack now has (for the next 23 hours) 100% Cashback on Private Internet Access VPN.
I can confirm I bought it the last time they had the 100% about a month ago and it's already payable.

You can get it at:
https://www.topcashback.com/private-internet-access/

If you don't have an account already you can register from my link if you want, but feel free not to :)
https://www.topcashback.com/ref/amitshlo

Thanked by 1Logano

Comments

• iNanjaiNanja Member

I read the "What could stop me from getting Cash Back?"

It says

Subscriptions cancelled before the end of 30 days are not eligible for cashback

Does this mean I need to way 31 days before my money comes back?

Thanked by 2Erisa bruh21
  • VoidVoid Member

“Cashback” will be in terms of actual money or some coupons etc that can be redeemed for other products?

• @jmaxwell said:
    “Cashback” will be in terms of actual money or some coupons etc that can be redeemed for other products?

Looking at their website, it seems they have a number of good looking methods to get "cashback". Here they list PayPal and ACH: https://www.topcashback.com/help/how-do-i-request-payout

Their "Payout" page lists a number of other methods, some with "bonus":

I've never used them, so I have no idea if/how any of it works.

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited June 2022

Are PIA the guys who fucked up Freenode?

Update

Private Internet Access has no connection to Freenode at all anymore. PIA was owned by London Trust Media, but Kape acquired PIA in December of 2019 and has had no connection since then. We do not have any involvement or knowledge of any takeover of Freenode.

Lee's interest in PIA was through the London Trust Media, Inc. (LTMI) holding company. The sale to Kape Technologies means that Lee no longer owns or controls PIA. It was LTMI, not Kape or PIA, which was involved in the Freenode incident.

https://lwn.net/Articles/857404/

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • I used them for a few years, I tried getting payouts until now in PayPal, Amazon GC and Target GC. All of them worked well.

"Claimed" is money I pulled out

• ArkasArkas Moderator

How does the site make money? That's a weird concept, I do hope it is legit, but I am suspicious of it...

• @Arkas said:
    How does the site make money? That's a weird concept, I do hope it is legit, but I am suspicious of it...

They hope you buy more. Kinda like vpn unlimited does with their free coupons

• @Arkas said:

Usually the cashback is not full amount, just a percentage of it but this is a promotion from pia i suspect and that is why its 100%

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • ChuckChuck Member

Kape Technologies is better known by the name under which they were formerly incorporated - "Crossrider" but make no mistake they are the same company which became notorious as an adware/malware producer >:) .

I guess you want to support them.

• NoCommentNoComment Member
    edited June 2022

@Arkas said:

It's legit, the cashback you get comes from affiliate money. There's bound to be people forgetting about their subscriptions and the VPN services bank on that and hope people keep renewing. It probably costs nearly nothing to the VPN provider to provide service for each additional customer so they can afford lots of affiliate money. Sometimes, these cashback sites offer more than 100% cashback.

(Also, this is the reason why lowendbox has been posting vpn deals every month recently. Sometimes, they post 2-3 times in a month to promote vpn for that sweet affiliate cash. A moderator should know this :))

• equalzequalz Member

PIA, pain in asshole

Thanked by 2Chuck typicalGtaTG
  • I wouldn't trust Kape with my privacy. PIA used to be one of the best, until it got Kape'd

Thanked by 2Arkas Chuck
  • ralfralf Member

topcashback.co.uk is legit. The way they operate is they give 100% of the affiliate rebate back to you, and they cover their costs via the adverts on the site. In fact, they make more from adverts than their running costs, so there are various way to get back more than the affiliate rebate!

The only problem (as with most of these schemes) is you need to wait until the provider confirms your eligible purchase (sometimes things go wrong) and confirm that you kept the service for the required time. For a lot of things, e.g. insurance or broadband, this can be 6 months or more.

But, you do usually get the money. And it's 100% of the rebate promised if you have a bank transfer, something like 102% if you take an Amazon voucher etc (because they also share the kickback Amazon give them).

However, if the provider is a scam, they could easily take all the signups and the money for that, and then claim that none of the purchases are eligible. So, if you don't trust the provider, don't buy it on the scheme. If they're offering 100% back on the affiliate link, it seems like it's a bit dodgy to me, and I personally wouldn't touch it, even though I trust topcashback.

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@ralf said:
    topcashback.co.uk is legit. The way they operate is they give 100% of the affiliate rebate back to you, and they cover their costs via the adverts on the site. In fact, they make more from adverts than their running costs, so there are various way to get back more than the affiliate rebate!

The only problem (as with most of these schemes) is you need to wait until the provider confirms your eligible purchase (sometimes things go wrong) and confirm that you kept the service for the required time. For a lot of things, e.g. insurance or broadband, this can be 6 months or more.

But, you do usually get the money. And it's 100% of the rebate promised if you have a bank transfer, something like 102% if you take an Amazon voucher etc (because they also share the kickback Amazon give them).

However, if the provider is a scam, they could easily take all the signups and the money for that, and then claim that none of the purchases are eligible. So, if you don't trust the provider, don't buy it on the scheme. If they're offering 100% back on the affiliate link, it seems like it's a bit dodgy to me, and I personally wouldn't touch it, even though I trust topcashback.

I doubt PIA would be scamming in this case. They’ve been doing cash back stuff like this for a while and I’m guessing this is just a short time promo

• PIA money back is 30 days, you can't cancel at 31st day to churn this. Most people just subscribe, then use for the 2 years until similar cashback is offered and rinse and repeat.

Topcashback tracking is very sensitive, if you have any ad-block enabled (network or browser), the purchase might not be tracked. If you don't get a notification about purchase confirmed from them in a day or 2, that means it's not tracked. Cancel with PIA and use another email to sign up again.

PIA cancellation takes a couple days as they tried to keep you, but they will still let you go and refund right away.

I ordered from my phone, and I received my cashback notification in 6 hours.

• Figured I'd post my experience (sorry for anyone who sees this thread and thinks the deal is still up). Signed up for TopCashBack, renewed my long dead PIA account using this deal (with adblockers disabled), it wasn't tracked and I didn't get cash back. Waited 7 days as per their site, filed a claim with the PIA order number, they got back to me after a week and confirmed my claim, paid it out ~2 days later (today). Thanks for the deal OP.

Next time I'll make sure my adblockers are definitely 100% disabled.