Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Any lifetime VPN deals on sale?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Any lifetime VPN deals on sale?

I already have a Keepsolid lifetime deal, and it's serving me well but I've reached the device connection limits, so I'm on the lookout for a new one and would like to ask if there's a lifetime VPN deal somewhere that I can use. (Yes, while I can pay for a normal subscription, we're all cheapskates here.)

There was a FastestVPN thread a few days ago, but there were a lot of complaints about the speed.

«1

Comments

  • kasodkkasodk Member
    edited June 29

    There is a lot of lifetime deals on https://stacksocial.com/search?utf8=✓&query=vpn

    Thanked by 1stevewatson301
  • szymonpszymonp Member

    Fastestvpn is ok but now it costs more 🤷‍♂️

  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited June 29

    Fastestvpn is my go-to alternative :)

    Ivacy is a pita cuz after 5 years renewal is due.

  • magicvpnmagicvpn Member

    I'd get Ivacy anyways because fastestvpn is sketchy at best.

    They claimed to be no logs but when I asked about it the claim was removed.
    They claim to manage the VPN servers, but iProVPN (I think) uses servers that have 1 digit difference in the IP, even the same weird hostname sometimes.

    So who really manages it? I have no idea.

    Thanked by 1Chuck
  • @magicvpn said: I'd get Ivacy anyways because fastestvpn is sketchy at best.

    @Ympker said: Fastestvpn is my go-to alternative

    Same question for both of you - how's the speed on FastestVPN/Ivacy's European locations? I'm a bit leery of getting FastestVPN after the speed issues that some folks here complained about.

  • xetsysxetsys Member
    edited June 29

    There are many. Whats worth finding are lifetime vpn deals beside keepsolid which support wireguard protocol.

  • szymonpszymonp Member

    @stevewatson301 said:

    @magicvpn said: I'd get Ivacy anyways because fastestvpn is sketchy at best.

    @Ympker said: Fastestvpn is my go-to alternative

    Same question for both of you - how's the speed on FastestVPN/Ivacy's European locations? I'm a bit leery of getting FastestVPN after the speed issues that some folks here complained about.

    Fastestvpn gets me 150 megabits (I have gigabit down)

  • magicvpnmagicvpn Member

    @stevewatson301 said:
    Same question for both of you - how's the speed on FastestVPN/Ivacy's European locations? I'm a bit leery of getting FastestVPN after the speed issues that some folks here complained about.

    FastestVPN is fine and so is Ivacy, both max out my 300Mbps connection, although when I tried prime video it wouldn't go over HD so some servers may have more load.

    For Ivacy, their wireguard starts a speedtest for some reason when you connect to it which in my case breaks my connection, but I can max it out with OpenVPN.

  • YmpkerYmpker Member

    @stevewatson301 said:

    @magicvpn said: I'd get Ivacy anyways because fastestvpn is sketchy at best.

    @Ympker said: Fastestvpn is my go-to alternative

    Same question for both of you - how's the speed on FastestVPN/Ivacy's European locations? I'm a bit leery of getting FastestVPN after the speed issues that some folks here complained about.

    Speed with FastestVPN is decent. I usually get like 100-150 Mbits. Others have gotten 300 Mbit/s even.

    I'd prefer FastestVPN over Ivacy (5 year renewal + slower imho), SlickVpn, VPN Secure, BelkaVPN, JellyVPN or literally any other lifetime VPN on Stacksocial (except Keepsolid ofc).

  • YmpkerYmpker Member

    @magicvpn said:
    I'd get Ivacy anyways because fastestvpn is sketchy at best.

    They claimed to be no logs but when I asked about it the claim was removed.
    They claim to manage the VPN servers, but iProVPN (I think) uses servers that have 1 digit difference in the IP, even the same weird hostname sometimes.

    So who really manages it? I have no idea.

    Fastestvpn and Ivacy and iPro are probably all PureVPN resellers.

  • magicvpnmagicvpn Member
    edited June 29

    @Ympker said:
    Fastestvpn and Ivacy and iPro are probably all PureVPN resellers.

    Nope another comment of mine has proven this wrong, iPro and FastestVPN use something else.
    You can literally log in with your Ivacy login (you have to ask Ivacy for a username) into PureVPN .ovpn files.

    While FastestVPN and iPro don't even use the same host as PureVPN. Also Ivacy/PureVPN doesn't have an UK streaming server FastestVPN and iPro do.

    As for speed I'm currently getting 10Mbps on FastestVPN and 20Mbps on VPN Unlimited/Ivacy but my ISP router is probably to blame for that nothing but issues with it, or maybe my phone is too hot.

    Edit: Should mention that last time I checked Ivacy had the exact same IP's in their ovpn files as PureVPN, different hostnames but it resolves to the same IP.

    Ivacy has a blog post somewhere saying it's using PureVPN/working with them.

    Thanked by 1Ympker
  • bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

    @szymonp said:

    @stevewatson301 said:

    @magicvpn said: I'd get Ivacy anyways because fastestvpn is sketchy at best.

    @Ympker said: Fastestvpn is my go-to alternative

    Same question for both of you - how's the speed on FastestVPN/Ivacy's European locations? I'm a bit leery of getting FastestVPN after the speed issues that some folks here complained about.

    Fastestvpn gets me 150 megabits (I have gigabit down)

    It depends what server, I’ve gotten pretty high speeds on fastestvpn, but I’ve never tried the EU servers

    Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

    @magicvpn said:

    @Ympker said:
    Fastestvpn and Ivacy and iPro are probably all PureVPN resellers.

    Nope another comment of mine has proven this wrong, iPro and FastestVPN use something else.
    You can literally log in with your Ivacy login (you have to ask Ivacy for a username) into PureVPN .ovpn files.

    While FastestVPN and iPro don't even use the same host as PureVPN. Also Ivacy/PureVPN doesn't have an UK streaming server FastestVPN and iPro do.

    As for speed I'm currently getting 10Mbps on FastestVPN and 20Mbps on VPN Unlimited/Ivacy but my ISP router is probably to blame for that nothing but issues with it, or maybe my phone is too hot.

    Edit: Should mention that last time I checked Ivacy had the exact same IP's in their ovpn files as PureVPN, different hostnames but it resolves to the same IP.

    Ivacy has a blog post somewhere saying it's using PureVPN/working with them.

    Maybe fastestvpn and ipro use another reseller then. Common practice in the vpn industry these days. Ivacy for sure resold PureVPN at some point. FastestVPN was just a suspicion, but if it's not PureVPN it's likely still the same infrastructure/reseller iPro uses. Anyway, I'd prefer FastestVPN of all these.

  • YmpkerYmpker Member

    Also, FastestVPN mentioned in their Newsletter recently that Wireguard is on the roadmap, which is pretty nice for a lifetime VPN.

    Thanked by 1kalimov622
  • veltonvelton Member

    @stevewatson301 said:
    I already have a Keepsolid lifetime deal, and it's serving me well but I've reached the device connection limits, so I'm on the lookout for a new one and would like to ask if there's a lifetime VPN deal somewhere that I can use. (Yes, while I can pay for a normal subscription, we're all cheapskates here.)

    There was a FastestVPN thread a few days ago, but there were a lot of complaints about the speed.

    Hi mate, will you facing keepsolid app not responding on window 10 ? im having this issue. looking for solution or maybe a new version of the app ?

  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited June 29

    @velton said:

    @stevewatson301 said:
    I already have a Keepsolid lifetime deal, and it's serving me well but I've reached the device connection limits, so I'm on the lookout for a new one and would like to ask if there's a lifetime VPN deal somewhere that I can use. (Yes, while I can pay for a normal subscription, we're all cheapskates here.)

    There was a FastestVPN thread a few days ago, but there were a lot of complaints about the speed.

    Hi mate, will you facing keepsolid app not responding on window 10 ? im having this issue. looking for solution or maybe a new version of the app ?

    Keepsolid app works fine on my PC (Windows 10 Pro) and Laptop (Windows 10) and also Linux ZorinOS. Maybe contact support and send them logs, or is there perhaps a conflicting VPN service?

  • @magicvpn said:
    For Ivacy, their wireguard starts a speedtest for some reason when you connect to it which in my case breaks my connection, but I can max it out with OpenVPN.

    Now it makes sense. Ivacy breaks here too when trying to connect via Wireguard.
    Probably the Speedtest gets blocked from the DNS filtering.

    For the five years manual prolongation: my Ivacy subscription still has a year till the five years are over. But for know it still says lifetime license with no next due date.

    VPNsecure was a 7 years "lifetime" plan, if I remember correctly, still 4 years to go. They count down each day.

    Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited June 29

    @Ananchoreta said:

    @magicvpn said:
    For Ivacy, their wireguard starts a speedtest for some reason when you connect to it which in my case breaks my connection, but I can max it out with OpenVPN.

    Now it makes sense. Ivacy breaks here too when trying to connect via Wireguard.
    Probably the Speedtest gets blocked from the DNS filtering.

    For the five years manual prolongation: my Ivacy subscription still has a year till the five years are over. But for know it still says lifetime license with no next due date.

    VPNsecure was a 7 years "lifetime" plan, if I remember correctly, still 4 years to go. They count down each day.

    For me it shows a next due date (July 2023) and recurring price as 49,99$. For my friend (also Ivacy it shows next due date in 2024, but 0$ as recurring amount. Kinda weird. My invoice says lifetime just like his so hmm. Then again, there are 3 distinct VPN deals from Ivacy on Stacksocial (one is a 5 year deal, but my invoice clearly says lifetime). I don't really use it (atm Keepsolid > Windscribe > FastestVPN), but still a pita. Even for the Ivacy lifetime deals on Stacksocial it says contact after 5 years though so it definitely is a thing kinda.

  • magicvpnmagicvpn Member

    @Ympker said:
    Maybe fastestvpn and ipro use another reseller then. Common practice in the vpn industry these days. Ivacy for sure resold PureVPN at some point. FastestVPN was just a suspicion, but if it's not PureVPN it's likely still the same infrastructure/reseller iPro uses. Anyway, I'd prefer FastestVPN of all these.

    Yeah it's for sure the same one although in my last post I suspected that FastestVPN got a better deal with better hosts compared to iPro Ivacy is still reselling PureVPN (the companies are basically linked iirc) so if you have FastestVPN, never get iProVPN because it's just wasting money unless you need extra accounts but for 18$ FastestVPN gives like 15 logins so I don't think you'll need another.

    Thanked by 1Ympker
  • magicvpnmagicvpn Member

    @Ananchoreta said:
    Now it makes sense. Ivacy breaks here too when trying to connect via Wireguard.
    Probably the Speedtest gets blocked from the DNS filtering.

    If you want to check if your DNS blocks it, open task manager and check your network graph, connect to the VPN, mine went up to 280Mbps (max speed) and shortly after that 28Mbps(also max speed, but upload).
    Glasswire said it was iperf3 iirc. But if it shows connected your DNS is unlikely to block it.

    So they're probably logging these speedtests to get an idea of performance which is a shitty way of doing it, what if the user is on his mobile hotspot using their computer, or what if the user has a datacap at home?

  • magicvpnmagicvpn Member

    So, an update about the speedtests, on PC I get even less, like 2Mbps download on both wireguard (which they don't do speedtests on anymore it seems, nice) and OpenVPN.
    Not sure what's going on, VPN Unlimited gets 131Mbps, they both use M247, Upload is fine, which means the server isn't overloaded on PureVPN's side(Ivacy).

    Will test FastestVPN in a bit.

  • ArkasArkas Member, Moderator

    I use FastestVPN as my backup VPN and have been pleasantly surprised. For some reason, I expected much worse performance, but it's good, not the best but good.

    Thanked by 1Ympker
  • magicvpnmagicvpn Member

    And FastestVPN gets 230Mbps for me, that's 100Mbps more compared to VPN Unlimited.

  • ArkasArkas Member, Moderator

    @magicvpn said: And FastestVPN gets 230Mbps for me, that's 100Mbps more compared to VPN Unlimited.

    That's surprising.

  • bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

    Overall, fastestvpn is good but there are some issue. Turning on kill switch will log you out on reboot and cause you to be unable to login which is a pain in the ass. Some servers are slow and overloaded, while others are great.

    I like their streaming servers especially, and for the price I paid, it’s excellent and I actually prefer it to keepsolid

    Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited June 29

    @Arkas said:

    @magicvpn said: And FastestVPN gets 230Mbps for me, that's 100Mbps more compared to VPN Unlimited.

    That's surprising.

    Afaik various members already reported very decent speedtest results for FastestVPN. For 15$ you really can't go wrong with that one.

    Keepsolid is still my overall favourite, though. At some point, the Speedtest result is only a number but Keepsolid has, in general, a way more stable connection/client. I love Keepsolid's Linux Gui client, too. Using it on ZorinOS and works like a charm :)

    Thanked by 1Arkas
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited June 29

    Just talked to FastestVPN live chat asking for Wireguard support:

    "I am afraid that I cannot share an ETA but it will be available very soon."

    @bruh21 I was happy enough when I found out they even included streaming servers at that price point tbh :D Really an awesome alternative/backup vpn :)

    Thanked by 1Arkas
  • magicvpnmagicvpn Member

    Keepsolid has a better client, but I prefer Ivacy, at least it used to be as fast as the other 2, because it uses PureVPN their servers, I didn't check their NL location, maybe that one blows the others away, no idea (they should have 20Gbps there) but seeing that Belgium has no issues getting over 2Mbps on upload maybe they are rate limiting?

    Does anyone else see 2Mbps too when you use Ivacy?

    Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

    @magicvpn said:
    Keepsolid has a better client, but I prefer Ivacy, at least it used to be as fast as the other 2, because it uses PureVPN their servers, I didn't check their NL location, maybe that one blows the others away, no idea (they should have 20Gbps there) but seeing that Belgium has no issues getting over 2Mbps on upload maybe they are rate limiting?

    Does anyone else see 2Mbps too when you use Ivacy?

    I probably haven't really used Ivacy in 2 years, however somehow it never was up to par (speed-wise) when I used it as compared to Keepsolid or FastestVPN. Like, not even close. What I did love about Ivacy was the browser extension for unblocking many different streaming services and that always worked like a charm and streaming did not buffer at all. Whenever I used their VPN client or manual setup, though, the speeds were horrible. I also expected PureVPN's servers to be better (given it's such a big provider), but wasn't convinced. Maybe I'll give it a try some day again. Thanks for sharing your feedback :)

  • bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

    Also, not lifetime but $12/year -
    Namecheap VPN is pretty prem. You have to cancel and then order again every year to get the intro pricing, but it is very fast. I believe it’s a IPvanish or strongVPN reseller

Sign In or Register to comment.