Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GCP Always Free Tier - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GCP Always Free Tier

2»

Comments

• How annoying, I misread. Well, I'll continue to only use my GCP VM for hosting a tiny static site no one visits then

• kdhkdh Member
    edited October 2022

@MallocVoidstar said:
    How annoying, I misread. Well, I'll continue to only use my GCP VM for hosting a tiny static site no one visits then

Just go with Github/Cloudflare Pages, whichever you prefer.

• @kdh said:

@MallocVoidstar said:
    How annoying, I misread. Well, I'll continue to only use my GCP VM for hosting a tiny static site no one visits then

Just go with Github/Cloudflare Pages, whichever you prefer.

Love your website man!,

• TimRooTimRoo Member
    edited October 2022

@Chocoweb said:
    Seems that the 100GB/mo free egress transfer is only for Cloud Storage but not Compute Engine. Free egress transfer for Compute Engine is still 1GB/mo.

Ah that changes things doesn't it? So this seems to be the correct summary:

Cloud storage - 5 GB storage, 100 GB free egress
    Compute engine - 30 GB storage, 1 GB free egress

So the bottom line is that neither is useful in the free tier unless you have a really small need. They seem set up as a dare for people to try to thread the needle and stay free.

Thanked by 2martheen xms
  • @TimRoo said:

@Chocoweb said:
    Seems that the 100GB/mo free egress transfer is only for Cloud Storage but not Compute Engine. Free egress transfer for Compute Engine is still 1GB/mo.

Ah that changes things doesn't it? So this seems to be the correct summary:

Cloud storage - 5 GB storage, 100 GB free egress
    Compute engine - 30 GB storage, 1 GB free egress

So the bottom line is that neither is useful in the free tier unless you have a really small need. They seem set up as a dare for people to try to thread the needle and stay free.

Yep,