Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VirMach upgrade to AMD Ryzen
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VirMach upgrade to AMD Ryzen

So I received this email from VirMach

Dear VirMach Customers,

You have a service that's eligible for migration to our new Ryzen servers, with much faster processing power and disk speeds, with no price increase. IPv6 will also become available at a later time, and many new locations are available. Most of you should be able to request a self-serve migration without data if you desire, by navigating to your service page and using the Ryzen migrate/upgrade button. Please only use this option if you do not mind re-installing your operating system (this is optional.)

But when I go into my services then I don't see any Ryzen migrate/upgrade button. All I see is this regular migrate/upgrade:

I believe they are still working on it and the button will be available when it is ready? I am not in a hurry and in no rush to upgrade so just asking may be I am not looking at correct place in VirMach control panel. Besides mine is a production shopping site so I don't want data loss or long downtime (last backup I took was a month ago because YOLO)

Comments

• just wait till comes back. nothing much to do except that.

• The Ryzen Migrate was there a few days back. Migrated mine but I think it's still buggy, my VM was assigned with 4x ipv4.

Thanked by 1alilet
  • Jake4Jake4 Member

Virmach has been having a ton of issues with their new Ryzen servers right now so they've disabled free migration to them.

I wouldn't recommend migrating within the next few weeks or months even if the option comes back since like you I've been using my Virmach VPS for production and since migration it's only been down.

If you check the Virmach LowEndTalk help desk you'll see the biggest shitshow this site has seen since people asking for their sisters back from cociu.

Thanked by 1alilet