Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone uses next js framework for web dev?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone uses next js framework for web dev?

Is next good? Better than react? Better than django?
Is js free? or have to pay to oracle like java?

Comments

• miaumiau Member

???

• HakimHakim Member

Yes it's good.
    It's react+extras. You should really visit https://nextjs.org/ to know what it is.
    Django? Like Apple vs Orange?
    Yes it's free.

Thanked by 1letlover
  • 0xbkt0xbkt Member

no laravel best

• @0xbkt said:
    no laravel best

shhhh dont say that, you might attract the node bros

• AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited June 2022

Next IS react.
    Better than pure react? Depends for what project. For most websites I would say yes, next.js is way to go.

Django is very slow in scale, but has good barebones and Python is way easier than JS.
    Django is very good choice for admin panel or internal apps for example. Not so much for sites with massive traffic.

JS is free and always will be.

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

Because Next.js adds a lot of abstraction, I would recommend you to first gain some experience building websites using JavaScript/React.

• @AXYZE said: and Python is way easier than JS.

absolutely disagree. I hate python. Python like YAML - piece of shit.
    You forced to follow tabulation, hard to read and analyze code.
    I do not understand people who saying that python is easy. It's not.
    Yes, python hiddes some complex things behind tuples, slices, iterators and works with strings, but this is not about programming.

Thanked by 20xbkt yoursunny
  • ailiceailice Member

Wait, you must pay to oracle to make java program?

• @ailice said:

JDK is not free any more. Of course you can get third party free open jdk. You never know if they will charge you in the future neither.

• next vs django vs laravel vs ror
    which is best for web dev?

• Ghost CMS.
    Strapi CMS.
    NodeBeats.
    Cody.
    ApostropheCMS.
    EnduroJs.
    Calipso.

which is the best node.js cms app?
    are they better than next because they already have framework?

• @0xbkt said:
    no laravel best

php better than js?

• @letlover said:

@ailice said:

JDK is not free any more. Of course you can get third party free open jdk. You never know if they will charge you in the future neither.

OpenJDK is maintained by Oracle. It's not third-party.

Thanked by 1letlover
  • ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

Is 2 better than 3?
    If the question is 1+1 then yes

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@letlover said: php better than js?

I prefer PHP

• 0xbkt0xbkt Member

@letlover said:

@0xbkt said:
    no laravel best

php better than js?

php bestest

• then java is way better than js.

• @Daniel15 said:

@letlover said:

@ailice said:

OpenJDK is maintained by Oracle. It's not third-party.

well. java has no future.

• neverainneverain Member
    edited June 2022

@letlover said:
    then java is way better than js.

@ericls said:
    Is 2 better than 3?
    If the question is 1+1 then yes

• AXYZEAXYZE Member

@desperand said:

@AXYZE said: and Python is way easier than JS.

absolutely disagree. I hate python. Python like YAML - piece of shit.
    You forced to follow tabulation, hard to read and analyze code.
    I do not understand people who saying that python is easy. It's not.
    Yes, python hiddes some complex things behind tuples, slices, iterators and works with strings, but this is not about programming.

And I don't understand people that say JS/JSX (React) is easier than Python (Django) to learn.
    Ok, Python as a whole, you can make some points, but not for webapps and especially not for Django. Django is the easiest framework to build web apps, it is only reason why it exists. It's not fast, it doesn't have huge backing, but it is very simple to build in app in it and then mainain it.

Thanked by 2desperand letlover
  • AXYZEAXYZE Member

It is a comparision of languages, frameworks are way more important. Nobody builds apps on "vanilla" right now, even tho there is a joke "VanillaJS" framework, because pure JS is enough for many things, but everybody still uses big frameworks like Angular, Vue, React.
    http://vanilla-js.com/

I would never make an frontend with Angular, but I'm happy with Nuxt.JS 3 (Vue.js). Both of these are supposed to be JavaScript, but Nuxt.JS makes things so much easier.

I still wont do any big backend app in JavaScript (Node/Nuxt) tho, only ASP.NET matters to me in backend. And that's C#, not JavaScript. And I do it, because ASP.NET makes it a lot easier and faster for me, not C# alone.

My point is - look at frameworks, not some articles "language vs language".

Thanked by 2desperand letlover
  • @AXYZE said: My point is - look at frameworks, not some articles "language vs language".

exactly! That the key for success. Good framework is very important for writing code / solving problems instead of learning different syntax sugar bullshit and learning instrument that must work.

Better to take screwdriver and use it for what it's designed for, instead of learning books what you can in theory do with screwdriver, for example - dividing atoms between themselves, or drinking water, whatever.