Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WP hosting, Contabo Vs Terrahost Vs hybula Vs buyVM
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WP hosting, Contabo Vs Terrahost Vs hybula Vs buyVM

afnafn Member
edited June 2022 in General

Hi there

I am looking for opinions on what would be the best provider for WP hosting (multisite with 4 blogs). I am looking at the lowest plan at few providers (budget around 5-7€/month) .

Most important selection criteria is mainly: performance, reliability, and DMCA-tolerance, the site may have few copyrighted images there, a short clip here, it is not a piracy website, but may have links posted + surely some pictures in discussions and articles. That site has been on contabo for years and Contabo seems to be fine with this, I am avoiding strict companies like Hetzner or netcup for this website.

Contabo seems to be the best value for money, but from my own experience performance seems to be very inconsistent, unbalanced nodes, things vary a lot, depending on your luck. Also their cheap plan is only 200mbps, though I think this won't matter for few blogs.

BuyVM seems to be less value for money, but maybe performance in the end is better?

And there is terrahost(30% off from let) and Hybyla (LET discounted plan) who may seem to be a good fit too and with the LET discounts they fit in the budget.

Any opinions? or other suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• szarkaszarka Member

Can't speak to the others, but I can say that I'm happy with the cheap dedi in Norway that I picked up from Terrahost a few months back. Their network always looks pretty good whenever I test other locations, too. I'd definitely pick up another server from them if their Kansas City location ever goes on special. (Hint hint, Terrahost.)

Thanked by 2terrahost afn
  • I have used Buyvm, hentzner and hybyla. In my impression, buyvm's Luxembourg Availability Zone will offer DMCA-agnostic services, which is an advantage, but doesn't really offer impressive performance compared to hetzner.

Hetzner cloud performance is impeccable, they also have a completely rebuilt control panel, complete backup and snapshot mechanism.

Hybyla has an impressive network quality, and Ddos resistance mechanism. All in all, I think you should first decide what is most important to you.

Thanked by 1afn