Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this normal practice for whole sale internet?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is this normal practice for whole sale internet?

letloverletlover Member
edited June 2022 in General

I ordered a $10 dedi from wsi one week ago. I was charged in one day on my paypal. Yet Until now I have not received any email confirmation about my account information and server log in information. I emailed wsi's sales several times, called its data center, got its support email, then emailed its support email, no response yet.
Is this whi's normal practice, or am I just unlucky?

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Maybe it's out of stock right now and has delayed setup. I wouldn't expect phone support from a datacenter for a $10 dedi.

• Just found out that all of wsi's emails got into my spams. I guess that its ip rep is not that good.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@letlover said:
    Just found out that all of wsi's emails got into my spams. I guess that its ip rep is not that good.

Middle of the line. Not great, not horrible.

Thanked by 1pike
  • I set up my $10 as a vpn server. The online gaming experience with this vpn is so good that I totally forget that I am using a vpn. Connecting to WHT has not captura test, but wget to get the vpn server install script is not possible. The major issue is that I experience connecting issue with this vpn server. This is really sad, otherwise wsi is a such good offer is US.

• wsi's $10 dedi spec is much lower than several years before.

• @letlover said:
    Just found out that all of wsi's emails got into my spams. I guess that its ip rep is not that good.

hahahaha.. and you got your server now? how is the performance, I'm interested. Some yabs? :-)

• @team_traitor said:

@letlover said:

hahahaha.. and you got your server now? how is the performance, I'm interested. Some yabs? :-)

The major issue of wsi dedis is the network uptime. The server performance is OK. The ip rep has some issues with wget.

• lonealonea Member, Host Rep

It's $10...

Thanked by 1letlover
  • @letlover said: $10 dedi

Spent 5 minutes to read it correct :D

@letlover said: Is this whi's normal practice, or am I just unlucky?

You are definitely lucky and they are too to have you as a valuable customer :)

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • AnayxAnayx Member

@team_traitor said:

@letlover said:

He got one in June, probably he posted some more feedback today.

Thanked by 1letlover
  • wsi's network quality is far worse than aws and hetzner vps. will stop using it.

• edited July 2022

@letlover said:
    wsi's network quality is far worse than aws and hetzner vps. will stop using it.

You mean your $10/m DEDICATED server is giving you less of a quality bandwidth than aws?

Cool.

Thanked by 2WSWD Jake4
  • @NobodyInteresting said:

@letlover said:
    wsi's network quality is far worse than aws and hetzner vps. will stop using it.

You mean your $10/m DEDICATED server is giving you less of a quality bandwidth than aws?

Cool.

That is not what I mean. When WSI works, it bulldozes LS and Hetzner vps. The problem is that wsi vpn sometimes does not connect, not just several minutes, but maybe several hours. If there is no redundancy, it is not good for production.

• Just to confirm, you mean this WSI: wholesaleinternet.net?

• wsi's network is really unstable. Using as vpn, sometimes even the ssh freezes so frequently. LS VPS as vpn gives much smoother ssh experience. Hetzner vps is good also. wsi is really good when vpn to the game server, when it works. seems wsi network is optimized for gaming?

• I wouldnt say thats normal for anyone. Did you try running an MTR to your server's IP to see if there is a problem with the connection or are you losing just VPN while everything else seems up perhaps its just rebooting? I'd be concerned if I lost all connection to any server for hours on end. Have you brought anything up to support?

• tmepytmepy Member

What is WSI full form lol?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited July 2022

@tmepy said:
    What is WSI full form lol?

Wholesale Internet.

Thanked by 1tmepy
  • @CheepCluck said:
    I wouldnt say thats normal for anyone. Did you try running an MTR to your server's IP to see if there is a problem with the connection or are you losing just VPN while everything else seems up perhaps its just rebooting? I'd be concerned if I lost all connection to any server for hours on end. Have you brought anything up to support?

server uptime is good actually, never down since I ordered it. it is just network quality. I normally don't bother with support.