Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH DDoS Mitigation (522 Cloudflare) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH DDoS Mitigation (522 Cloudflare)

2»

Comments

• We had a high traffic api on ovh Scale server . while traffic on peak almost 500-600 mbps . All our traffic was coming from CF ips and on peak hours sometime ovh detect legitimate traffic as Ddos and our service simply go offline for about 15 minute and we received email of mitigation .
    tried to contact ovh and they sent a lengthy pre written email to send us packet capture , time , traffic type , logs etc.
    We simply switched to Hetnzer and never had problem again.

• AliveSurviveAliveSurvive Member
    edited June 2022

@karanchoo said:
    We had a high traffic api on ovh Scale server . while traffic on peak almost 500-600 mbps . All our traffic was coming from CF ips and on peak hours sometime ovh detect legitimate traffic as Ddos and our service simply go offline for about 15 minute and we received email of mitigation .
    tried to contact ovh and they sent a lengthy pre written email to send us packet capture , time , traffic type , logs etc.

Exact the same case as I had multiple times. Now I don't feel alone anymore. :blush:
    I have asked Hetzner regarding Cloudflare.

From hetzner support:

it is not possible to deactivate our ddos protection and it is also not possible to whitelist ip addresses, so we can't guarantee that our network doesn't blacklist the ip's

I really hope for a hosting provider which allows cloudflare ip's so that you can handle like 10000 pps without problem. But there are even providers which nullroute you on certain requests even if your dedicated server could handle them.

• AXYZEAXYZE Member

@AliveSurvive said:

@karanchoo said:
    We had a high traffic api on ovh Scale server . while traffic on peak almost 500-600 mbps . All our traffic was coming from CF ips and on peak hours sometime ovh detect legitimate traffic as Ddos and our service simply go offline for about 15 minute and we received email of mitigation .

Exact the same case as I had multiple times. Now I don't feel alone anymore. :blush:

From hetzner support:

it is not possible to deactivate our ddos protection and it is also not possible to whitelist ip addresses, so we can't guarantee that our network doesn't blacklist the ip's

I really hope for a hosting provider which allows cloudflare ip's so that you can handle like 10000 pps without problem. But there are even providers which nullroute you on certain requests even if your dedicated server could handle them.

Ask PHP-friends about it, they should be able to do it :)

Thanked by 1dataforest
  • dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider

@AXYZE said:

@AliveSurvive said:

@karanchoo said:

From hetzner support:

Ask PHP-friends about it, they should be able to do it :)

Thanks for your mention, yes we can offer that within our permanent mitigations :)

Thanked by 1AXYZE