Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$25/mo * C2D E8300, 4 GB Ram, 80GB HD, 100Mbps Unmetered - ServerComplete
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

$25/mo * C2D E8300, 4 GB Ram, 80GB HD, 100Mbps Unmetered - ServerComplete

Just noticed this deal, if anyone is interested..

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1329108

Intel Core2Duo E8300
4GB DDR2 RAM
80GB SATA-II Hard Disk (upgrade to a 160GB SSD $10/mo)
100 Mbps Unmetered
5 IP Addresses (1 Primary + Routed /30 Secondary)
Jacksonville Datacenter
Automated Provisioning of Servers
FREE Setup -- $25.00/month

https://orders.servercomplete.com/config-7.order

Thanked by 2DalComp lukesUbuntu

Comments

• Too low HDD.

Everything else is fine/ ok! for this price.

• @MikeIn said:
    Too low HDD.

Yeah, but I thought I would post it cause it's something different.. when I had a server with servercomplete they were quite good!

and SSD for $10/mo makes this an even better deal..

• Very old server, a kimsufi will defeat it. Also OVH PE.

• earlearl Member
    edited December 2013

Well.. the E8300 has a CPUMark of 2034 and supports intel VT. So, still very useable..

Also the client portal is similar to OVH and online.net where you can reboot, OSreload your server.. at the time there was very minimal images offered, not sure if they have added more OS templates or not..

• buy one and use for mining?

• @JerryHou said:
    buy one and use for mining?

From what I've been reading.. it's really not worth while. At least not on these specs.

I'm sure if there was money to be made on these type of hardware the DC would probably be doing it, instead of renting them out for $25/mo

• JerryHouJerryHou Member
    edited December 2013

@earl said:

yep...just checked some mining hardware comparison...totally not worth it...

Thanked by 1earl
  • @earl said:
    and SSD for $10/mo makes this an even better deal..

That would be nice, but I have not heard about 160 GB size HDD, at least can't remember.

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited December 2013

There is intel 320 series 160GB SSD, but it's too expensive so i doubt this is it. And it's not sold any more.
    You could always open a ticket and ask them what brand / model is the 160GB SSD they are offering.

Thanked by 1earl
  • earlearl Member
    edited December 2013

@MikeIn

@rds100 is correct.. it's an intel 320 160 GB SSD..it mentions the brand on the second hard dirve option. you can also choose this SSD as a second drive for $25/mo.

• Found a test IP and speed test for their Florida Jacksonville location..

Test IP: 208.84.135.17

Download Test: http://speed.jax.servercomplete.com/test.zip

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu
  • They have looking glass on that WHT offer.
    http://lg.as19531.net/

Thanked by 2earl lukesUbuntu
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@earl said:
    MikeIn

you can also choose this SSD as a second drive for $25/mo.

So the 80 GB tired SATA HDD is worth 15 bucks a month. You can buy them by the tens on ebay for half that.

• @Maounique said:

True..

They use to let you use your own hard drive, so maybe an option. But ask first, not sure if they offer this still.

• LeeLee Veteran

I ordered one with the SSD an hour ago, was going to say will let you know how it performs when I get it next week, but it just got delivered. Daniel is very efficient.

Thanked by 1earl
  • @W1V_Lee said:
    I ordered one with the SSD an hour ago, was going to say will let you know how it performs when I get it next week, but it just got delivered. Daniel is very efficient.

Thank you for the order, Lee! :)

For the most part, our provisioning is entirely automated, with the exception of hardware changes.

@earl said:
    rds100 is correct.. it's an intel 320 160 GB SSD..it mentions the brand on the second hard dirve option. you can also choose this SSD as a second drive for $25/mo.

Correct, the SSD are Intel 320 series... We have a huge overstock of these drives from various equipment upgrades, so we are offering them at a great price on these machines since we know the 80GB drive may not be desirable for a lot of people.

@DalComp said:
    They have looking glass on that WHT offer.
    http://lg.as19531.net/

Correct, please use our Looking Glass to run any tests, as it is the best tool available to do so.

@MikeIn said:
    Too low HDD.

We have a very large number of these machines, we appreciate the feedback. We knew the size of the drives were possibly going to be an issue for some, which is why we are offering the SSDs at a great price. This also helps deter people who would otherwise be using these cheap machines for items such as torrenting, etc.

@earl said:
    Well.. the E8300 has a CPUMark of 2034 and supports intel VT. So, still very useable..

Also the client portal is similar to OVH and online.net where you can reboot, OSreload your server.. at the time there was very minimal images offered, not sure if they have added more OS templates or not..

Correct, these machines do support VT, and it is enabled in the BIOS by default.

Our portal is entirely custom and has a lot of functionality similar to OVH. You can reload your OS, live boot into a rescue system, etc etc. We have all of the standard OS available in the reload section, with a variety of partitioning options. For anything we don't have, you can request a custom reload and it will be queued.

• @W1V_Lee said:

Hour setup for a dedi is quite good! Thanks for the info..

@SC_Daniel

Nice to see you here Daniel..

• Nice.. thanks for sharing.

• @earl dammit stop giving us all these deals :(

Mun

Thanked by 1earl
  • @Mun said:
    earl dammit stop giving us all these deals :(

It's what keeps us coming back to LET.. for the Awesome deals :)