Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mail SMTP question
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Mail SMTP question

Hello everyone,
im using Send pulse for E-mails and I have always huge delivery issues with T-Online.de, GMX.de and some other providers. I ask the provider, they solved, but then it comes back again. Need a hassle-free solution.

Type of emails:

• Register Mail
  • Reminders
  • Forget Password

Stuff like that. Looking for recommendations.

Comments

• Amazon SES? Not free, but some cents per month

• SpecsblueSpecsblue Member
    edited June 2022

Must not be free, but preferred to pay by PayPal.
    Now im also paying for SMTP

• I would recommend Amazon or mail.baby

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • sanvitsanvit Member

SES will do the job. Postmark for absolute delivery

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • @Specsblue said:
    Hello everyone,
    im using Send pulse for E-mails and I have always huge delivery issues with T-Online.de, GMX.de and some other providers. I ask the provider, they solved, but then it comes back again. Need a hassle-free solution.

Type of emails:

• Register Mail
    • Reminders
    • Forget Password

Stuff like that. Looking for recommendations.

sendinblue allows 9k/monthly free emails
    Mailchimp allows 10k/month of free emails
    and if you are using amazon ec2 then can be 62k/monthly free of cost.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

T-online.de you just email them and they’ll clear it up if you’re a good sender. Even if you occasionally forward some spam their way, it’s fine and they’ll help you out. I can’t imagine continually being blocked by them without something on your side that needs to be improved.

Most common reason I’ve run into blocks: user had a contact form where you fill out name, message, and email. Then it sends the name and message to the email as a confirmation. Basically, allowing anyone to use their contact form to send any spam to anyone.

• sotssots Member

Why don't you host a mail server?

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

@sanvit said:

Postmark for absolute delivery

Hi! That's an absolute statement! How do we know it's true? Friendly greetings from Sonora! 🏜️

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2022

@sots said:
    Why don't you host a mail server?

We do, and it's a huge PITA to get the reputation build, and very hard to debug. Granted, PulsedMedia.com is on corporate firewalls, the great firewall of china etc. which does not help either -- but it takes tons of careful management and time to get the reputation built up.

Many years ago, say something like maybe 8 years ago we decided to change our outgoing mail server etc. built a proper system. Next month we lost about 25-30% of revenue because invoices were not getting delivered to people's inboxes. Just silently dropped. Even testing systems show BEYOND 10/10 legitimacy on our mail, yet hotmail especially, but also yahoo and now even sometimes google just silently drop the email. There is no bounces, no anything. Their MTA claims to deliver it, but they deliver it straight to /dev/null

Most commonly dropped emails are the most important ones, less relevant ones do not get dropped. That is access details / welcome emails, and invoices.

I cannot recommend that experience for anyone, and if we are going to face that again we will most likely use a 3rd party service with already built reputation next time. or at the very least in conjunction to start building reputation on MTAs at exceedingly low mail volume at first.

E-mail is very unreliable communication method these days, you have surprisingly low chances to ensure 100% delivery.

Thanked by 1letlover
  • szarkaszarka Member

Yup. I started hosting Internet mail on frickin' UUCP back in 1992, and it's never been more frustrating than it is today.

@szarka said:
    Yup. I started hosting Internet mail on frickin' UUCP back in 1992, and it's never been more frustrating than it is today.

Indeed, used to be rather easy and simple. Not so today, so many things to do. DKIM, SPF just to mention few.

In the old days just set PTR record and you were golden.

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

@PulsedMedia said:
    Indeed, used to be rather easy and simple. Not so today, so many things to do. DKIM, SPF just to mention few.

And still after SPF, DKIM etc. , there is no guarantee.

Take out big Daddies (hotmail, yahoo, gmail) from market and I am sure email delivery will be easy again.

@Saahib said:

@PulsedMedia said:

And still after SPF, DKIM etc. , there is no guarantee.

Take out big Daddies (hotmail, yahoo, gmail) from market and I am sure email delivery will be easy again.

Yeap do all that, and the big tech will still reject your mail, randomly, without notice and no recourse available.

Hampers all small business quite nicely, slow that (even remotely) potential competition right down!

Makes you wonder how much power just those big 3 have: MS, Google, Amazon. If they want to shutter a small business down pretty sure they could ruin one.

We need more decentralized stuff, including search.