Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Multacom down, include racknerd and cloudcone
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Multacom down, include racknerd and cloudcone

It seems that the multacom has problems again, the websites of racknerd and cloudcone are down

Thanked by 1FrankZ

Comments

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Interesting...

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host
    edited June 2022

We are working closely with Multacom to restore service -- this does appear to be an outage affecting their network. The good news is that we're in communication with their management and networking team and they're equally eager to restore network connectivity.

RackNerd customers, please refer to: https://status.racknerd.com/

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited June 2022

Yep, my RackNerd VPS LAX DC02 at Multacom is down. 28 minutes so far.
    I am not losing millions though. :(

EDIT: and of course a super fast response from @dustinc saying they are on it.

RackNerdKnowsCustomerService

EDIT2: It is back up already.

Thanked by 1dustinc

RackNerd customers should begin seeing network connectivity.

We sincerely apologize for the hiccup.

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

Just had 30 mins downtime , mine is up now . Thanks for the quick fix @dustinc

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • ralfralf Member

According to hetrix, I only had 13 minutes of downtime to LAX02.

• LeviLevi Member

Is there full post mortem on this? What actually happened? Power outage, DDoS or smth else?

Thanked by 1Talistech
  • all solved within about fifteen minutes

• Multacom advertises itself as "premium".

• dosaidosai Member
    edited June 2022

Props to @dustinc for keeping everyone informed.

Thanked by 2FrankZ dustinc
  • lirrrlirrr Member

Never like the purple guy, but never doubt the purple guy's customer service. Prem.

• problems seem to persist in fits and starts

• My monitor shows RackNerd down for 26 mins, 40 secs.

• solarisolari Member

Yeah, I noticed a few of my boxes were down, too, but this was at a CC location, very weird...

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

We are also in Multacom but did not experience any outage, looks like this was limited to a part of the datacenter.

@Boogeyman said:
    Multacom advertises itself as "premium".

Multacom is quite reliable, and I'd consider their network premium, especially with their blend, it allows us to reach several markets, and we've done so successfully at a very fast pace.

We haven't experienced frequent outages, it's rare you see Multacom suffer from network outages, they've proven to be a solid vendor. I'm sure others can attest to this.

We do understand that even the rarest outages are impacting, and we sincerely apologize for the hiccup. We ourselves in situations like this take responsibility for them and help our valued customers. We are available 24x7 and provide rapid response times via ticketing and share service impacting events on our status page. You'll also find that we're hyperactive in communities and social media.

Thanked by 3ralf sangatsetia FrankZ

@dosai said:
    Props to @dustinc for keeping everyone informed.

Appreciate you @dosai

Thank You for being understanding.

Thanked by 1dosai

@solari said:
    Yeah, I noticed a few of my boxes were down, too, but this was at a CC location, very weird...

Hi @solari -- definitely unrelated -- any details regarding this?

• ralfralf Member

@dustinc said:

@solari said:

Hi @solari -- definitely unrelated -- any details regarding this?

His (newly created today) account has already been banned for spewing racist diatribe everywhere, so he might not be getting back to you on this!

Thanked by 1dustinc

@leapswitch said:
    We are also in Multacom but did not experience any outage, looks like this was limited to a part of the datacenter.

Correct :)

Multacom operates out of 707 Wilshire (segregated pods) along with space in 530 W 6th St - so while it was partial, we experienced the outage at a larger scale due to our footprint.

Thanked by 1leapswitch