Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Dedicated Dual L5520/24GB RAM - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Dedicated Dual L5520/24GB RAM

2»

Comments

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

StellaEV said: Does anyone know where I can contact FlipHost about this?

I have pmed you to answer any questions you may have

• Finally decided on going with @qps in a few weeks after a few questions.

Thanks for all the offers!

Thanked by 1qps
  • aglodekaglodek Member
    edited December 2013

@StellaEV said: Finally decided on going with qps in a few weeks after a few questions.

Good choice. When you are ready to order, though, make sure you there is no discrepancy that could throw a MaxMind error. They are very inflexible, even when given a reasonable explanation (never had such issue with any other provider).

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@agoldek This has not been my experience so I think you might of had a one off problem.

• @agoldenberg said: This has not been my experience so I think you might of had a one off problem.

Perhaps you deal with top management ;) All I got was some bonehead in support who cited company policy. FYI, it was a whopping <150 km MaxMind discrepancy plus I supplied explanation to account for all of that LOL ;)

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2013

aglodek said: Good choice. When you are ready to order, though, make sure you there is no discrepancy that could throw a MaxMind error. They are very inflexible, even when given a reasonable explanation (never had such issue with any other provider).

aglodek said: Perhaps you deal with top management ;) All I got was some bonehead in support who cited company policy. FYI, it was a whopping <150 km MaxMind discrepancy plus I supplied explanation to account for all of that LOL ;)

We typically do not only deny orders due to distance between the geolocation of the IP address and the billing address (unless it is a large distance). I suspect there was something else there that indicated to us that there might be a problem with the order. I'm happy to review what happened if you want to PM me with the details.

• @qps said:
    We typically do not only deny orders due to distance between the geolocation of the IP address and the billing address (unless it is a large distance). I suspect there was something else there that indicated to us that there might be a problem with the order. I'm happy to review what happened if you want to PM me with the details.

Really geolocation of the client, why is that?

• QPS OOS?

lukesUbuntu said: Really geolocation of the client, why is that?

As an example, if a client provides an address in California, but their IP address is located in New York, in our experience, there is a high probability that the order is fraudulent.

However, if the client has a valid explanation and provides some verification information, we can typically overcome that.

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu
  • I am a QPS customer and satisfied so this comment is more towards MaxMind: it's a garbage product. I get that some hosts customize it's "strictness" but for me when I enter my old phone number (which I have had for years) I always get hit with it. My old number is from my old state (Vonage) and so I have kept it for like 10+ years...but because the area code is one from thousands of miles away MaxMind is now dumb about it - didn't use to be that way.

MiniVZ said: QPS OOS?

Please check back later today. We received a lot of orders over the weekend, and we're going through them all.

Additionally, we have 40 more servers coming online this week.

• holyearth said: and satisfied so this comment is more towards MaxMind: it's a garbage product.

Then I would say WHMCS is the issue here. Maxmind is a reference. Shouldn't be used as is - should be used as part of many other factors to decide.

• aglodekaglodek Member
    edited December 2013

@holyearth said: and satisfied so this comment is more towards MaxMind: it's a garbage product.

+10 ;))

MaxMind is hopeless where international orders are concerned. They seem to take their cue from the US drone program: killing innocent people is perfectly justified as long as you get one terrorist - or fraud order, in this case - among them. Well, they were pretty "successful" in this case - successful at making QuickPacket lose another customer. Although, to give credit where it's due, QuickPacket's customer support had a much bigger part in this ;)

@concerto49 said: Then I would say WHMCS is the issue here. Maxmind is a reference. Shouldn't be used as is - should be used as part of many other factors to decide.

+1.

@qps said: We typically do not only deny orders due to distance between the geolocation of the IP address and the billing address (unless it is a large distance). I suspect there was something else there that indicated to us that there might be a problem with the order. I'm happy to review what happened if you want to PM me with the details.

Please feel free to look up my ticket. BTW, will you be on hand to handle any future customer support needs here, too? ;)) Sorry, I abhor boneheads in support (read: people who either can't be bothered to think or have no brain to speak of). Your offer is one of the best on the market, to be sure, but your customer support response has prompted me to go one better and look to colocation instead. Can't say I'm unhappy about the way things turned out ;)

We have internal procedures for order screening, which looks at a number of different systems. MaxMind is just one of those systems, and is used as a part of the screening process.

aglodek said: Please feel free to look up my ticket.

Can you provide more details by PM so I can find it?

aglodek said: BTW, will you be on hand to handle any future customer support needs here, too?

I've been here for quite a while (I think I joined here in August 2011, but lurked for a while before that), but support is handled through the support ticketing system. I'm happy to look at any ticket(s) that you're not satisfied with.

• @qps said:
    We have internal procedures for order screening, which looks at a number of different systems. MaxMind is just one of those systems, and is used as a part of the screening process.

I've been here for quite a while (I think I joined here in August 2011, but lurked for a while before that), but support is handled through the support ticketing system. I'm happy to look at any ticket(s) that you're not satisfied with.

im not happy with quite a few answers when i was quickpacket. After i left, your support deleted my whmcs account. i dunno if i should come back. a few answers from that support was terrible.

kyaky said: im not happy with quite a few answers when i was quickpacket. After i left, your support deleted my whmcs account. i dunno if i should come back. a few answers from that support was terrible.

Do you have ticket number(s) you can PM to me? We don't delete accounts, but it is possible that your account was closed.

edited December 2013

kyaky said: im not happy with quite a few answers when i was quickpacket. After i left, your support deleted my whmcs account. i dunno if i should come back. a few answers from that support was terrible.

Thanks for PMing your information.

Your account was closed for the reasons we described in the PM. I can go into further details if you'd like, but we don't usually discuss these types of issues in public.

As for the answers from support, the speed issue you discussed in PM was related to speedtest.net results, which are not accurate for testing the speeds of a dedicated server.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/3158848822.png http://www.speedtest.net/result/3158853064.png

Here are two good examples.

There's nothing preventing us from transferring to either provider at the full Gigabit port each direction. The download speed is probably closer to accurate, but the upload speed is obviously not. Speedtest's speeds are horribly unreliable. You can run the same test twice and get completely different results.

• JupiterJupiter Member
    edited December 2013

qps is overscreening for their own valid reasons. Its actually the only vendor I had ever been delayed on a recent L5520 server i ordered in atlanta for god knows what reason.

I dont blame them but i also dont want to play their game. If they delay 48h and then start to ask personal information i prefer to move along ... and expect same day refund.

Its a big market out there for all ...