Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Website colours
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Website colours

xHostsxHosts Member, Patron Provider

When you are shopping online, not just for hosting services but pretty much anything do the website colours consciously / sub-consciously

such as if you find a very ugly website and awful colours but seems to be a good offer, price and service do you still buy or do you seek a clean-cut website but maybe the prices are much higher or service is not as good?

Thanked by 2ManishPant JasonM

Comments

  • emghemgh Member

    This is not something users themself recognize. It’s something A/B testing determains.

    However, I’d guess the amount of analytical people who rely on actual numbers to do their decision is higher here than elsewhere.

    Thanked by 1AXYZE
  • szymonpszymonp Member
    edited June 2022

    I buy if site accepts safe payment method that I can chargeback in the case of a scam (paypal/debit card) and is cheap, but nice website does inspire confidence in the provider

    Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • AXYZEAXYZE Member

    Everybody does and intepretation of color changes based on culture too.

    For example Santander Bank had a lot of red in their banks in Poland and that didnt work well for them so they changed it. But that works in Spain.
    We affiliate colors with emotions, thats right but thats not based on pure generic psychology alome, you also have people's experiences and society that influence.

    So treat guidelindes like a guide, not hard truth. Do A/B testing, ask your friends etc.

    Thanked by 2emgh fawai
  • raviravi Member

    You can create a nice looking ecommerce website by using WordPress and a premium
    theme for around $20-40.

    A nice looking website definitely puts good first impression. But a nice looking website doesn't mean a genuine website.

    I always prefer to Google for reviews before making any purchase from a new website. Look and color scheme of the website is not that important.

  • xHostsxHosts Member, Patron Provider

    @AXYZE said:
    Everybody does and intepretation of color changes based on culture too.

    For example Santander Bank had a lot of red in their banks in Poland and that didnt work well for them so they changed it. But that works in Spain.
    We affiliate colors with emotions, thats right but thats not based on pure generic psychology alome, you also have people's experiences and society that influence.

    So treat guidelindes like a guide, not hard truth. Do A/B testing, ask your friends etc.

    Yeh, I seen a study a few years ago based on football and how referees managed games and subconsciously some seemed bias based on kit colours, thought it would be interesting to see if the same theory would apply to sales based on website colours

  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

    @ravi said:
    You can create a nice looking ecommerce website by using WordPress and a premium theme for around $20-40.

    I check the guts of the website.
    I can't take a website seriously if it has HTML syntax error, JavaScript console error, typo in CSS class name, "cunt" in code comments, lack of AAAA record or TLSv1.3, etc.

  • emghemgh Member

    @yoursunny said:

    @ravi said:
    You can create a nice looking ecommerce website by using WordPress and a premium theme for around $20-40.

    I check the guts of the website.
    I can't take a website seriously if it has HTML syntax error, JavaScript console error, typo in CSS class name, "cunt" in code comments, lack of AAAA record or TLSv1.3, etc.

    Funny how you wouldn’t find the most serious websites serious.

  • RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR

    @szymonp said: I buy if site accepts safe payment method that I can chargeback in the case of a scam (paypal/debit card) and is cheap, but nice website does inspire confidence in the provider

    Orrrr... don't buy from those who seem scam-ish? :-)

    Looking at our clientele, over 90% pays using non-refundable/non-chargeback-able payment methods; guess we ain't a scam after all ...

  • LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

    I tend to like looking (especially on UK companies) if the company is able to file their confirmation statement, annual returns and last more than a single tax period.

    Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • JasonMJasonM Member
    edited June 2022

    website colors mostly depend upon your niche.

    recipe/cooking site: orange/red header background or header text, buttons.
    finance/bank site: dark blue/green
    apparels: black/brown/grey or white background with black button/orange
    tech/server site: blue, green, dark tones or brighter ones.
    kids sites: pastel colors or super bright hues
    ladies wear/beauty tipes sites: pastel colors of pink, brown, yellow, red, cream, etc.

    also, men prefer: blue and red.
    women prefer: pink
    Chinese prefer: red
    In some religions/nations "black" is for mourning, and in other "white" is for mourning.

    there's color-science behind this. which color entices user, which color clams them down, etc. you can read researched articles with specific color outcomes. there are also A/B tests results. but the above list i've given is general idea how sites are colored.

Sign In or Register to comment.