Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Getflix Lifetime deal is back!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Getflix Lifetime deal is back!

Getflix is a SmartDNS service (and VPN) that is excellent for steaming.
They had LTD a few years ago in StackSocial for 39$ (before coupons) if I remember correctly, but they stopped selling them for a few years.
I bought it back in 2018 and I use the SmartDNS service on a daily basis in all my TVs.
The service works great and the support is also very responsive.
I highly recommend it if you need a SmartDNS (the VPN is ok but there are better VPN LTDs, the DNS is the highlight).

https://stacksocial.com/sales/getflix-lifetime-subscription-4

Thanked by 1bdl

Comments

• WARNING: No USA Netflix

Thanked by 1risharde
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

I have their lifetime deal. Albeit I haven't used it in years (just used vpn) it is perhaps a bit more advanced than the Keepsolid Smartdns.

• defaultdefault Veteran

@Ympker said:
    I have their lifetime deal. Albeit I haven't used it in years (just used vpn) it is perhaps a bit more advanced than the Keepsolid Smartdns.

Does it have better speeds compared with KeepSolid or FastestVPN?

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited June 2022

@default said:

@Ympker said:

I haven't used it in years but it should be faster, because Smartdns doesn't use VPN, usually. Just DNS. Thus your speed shouldn't be affected as much.

• @Ympker said:

@default said:

@Ympker said:

I haven't used it in years but it should be faster, because Smartdns doesn't use VPN, usually. Just DNS. Thus your speed shouldn't be affected as much.

This is not correct, your streaming traffic will go through their sni proxy because it is impossible to unlock the stream services by only DNS

• @default said:

@Ympker said:

You can't really compare SmartDNS to VPN.
    From my experience Getflix VPN is faster than FastestVPN and pretty similar to KeepSolid, the main con to my opinion is that they don't support Wireguard like KeepSolid.
    If you don't need SmartDNS - KeepSolid is cheaper.

• I have GetFlix too, I used their DNS but Netflix only works in the US. I just checked and it looks like they removed the web-only limit for lifetime plan subscribers.

I think their VPN is kind of underrated as I use it regularly over OpenVPN. If they have a dedicated app, I will probably use it more.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@fadedmaple said:

@Ympker said:

@default said:

@Ympker said:

This is not correct, your streaming traffic will go through their sni proxy because it is impossible to unlock the stream services by only DNS

Yeah, I figured it would go through some proxy, but from my experience with Smartdns services speed is almost 99% of what I usually get, whereas VPN (Ovpn/Wireguard) usually decreases speed (probably due to the encryption scheme, albeit Wireguard is quite fast).

• defaultdefault Veteran

I bought it to try it. Torrenting is not working with GetFlix OpenVPN, so I don't like it.

I hope @HostMedia will come with nice offers on LET, because they allow torrenting from what I tested.

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • xetsysxetsys Member

Thanks. Just subbed. I have waited a long time for this. I really wish windscribe also brings back their lifetimedeal

Thanked by 2Ympker bdl
  • @Ympker said:

@fadedmaple said:

@Ympker said:

@default said:

@Ympker said:

Yeah, I figured it would go through some proxy, but from my experience with Smartdns services speed is almost 99% of what I usually get, whereas VPN (Ovpn/Wireguard) usually decreases speed (probably due to the encryption scheme, albeit Wireguard is quite fast).

It is faster because all other traffic is not proxied

• In the description, it says NO Netflix US access. Anybody tried?

• killer23dkiller23d Member
    edited June 2022

Looks like this is another cost cut deal, no Netflix is a big turn off.

@xetsys said:
    Thanks. Just subbed. I have waited a long time for this. I really wish windscribe also brings back their lifetimedeal

Would be nice, but they have been very generous with the free plan with up to 50GB. I am one of their early clients and my plan is scheduled to expire on 2028. Let's see if they will hold up their end of the bargain and renew

• xetsysxetsys Member

@killer23d said:

@xetsys said:

Would be nice, but they have been very generous with the free plan with up to 50GB. I am one of their early clients and my plan is scheduled to expire on 2028. Let's see if they will hold up their end of the bargain and renew

What do you mean by no netflix? There is US netflix.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@xetsys said:

@killer23d said:

@xetsys said:

The offer states US Netflix is not included. Don’t shoot the messenger.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • So you don't get Flix with GetFlix?

Makes sense.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@NobodyInteresting said:
    So you don't get Flix with GetFlix?

Makes sense.

No USFlix with GetFlix. You get AllTheOtherFlix, just not ThatSpecificFlix.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@Nekki said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

Makes sense.

Hmm, I'll have to check if they just don't offer US Flix anymore, or whether that restriction just applies to their current lifetime sale. That is to say, whether I can still access Flix US with my lifetime acc from years back, or whether they don't offer this feature at all anymore (regardless of your plan monthly/yearly/old lifetime/new lifetime).

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Ympker said:

@Nekki said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

Makes sense.

Hmm, I'll have to check if they just don't offer US Flix anymore, or whether that restriction just applies to their current lifetime sale. That is to say, whether I can still access Flix US with my lifetime acc from years back, or whether they don't offer this feature at all anymore (regardless of your plan monthly/yearly/old lifetime/new lifetime).

According to the website they don’t offer Netflix at all. Possibly they don’t want to guarantee it with the changes Netflix are hinting at making?

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@Nekki said:

@Ympker said:

@Nekki said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

Makes sense.

According to the website they don’t offer Netflix at all. Possibly they don’t want to guarantee it with the changes Netflix are hinting at making?

Ah, fair enough. Well, I haven't used Getflix DNS in years (?!) and usually just use one of my VPN LTDs for unblocking US Flix, so not a big "loss". SmartDNS was noticeably "faster" on FireTV Stick than VPN (probably due to lack of encryption) when I tried it a while back, but VPN gets stuff done just as fine.

• @Nekki said:

@Ympker said:

@Nekki said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

Makes sense.

Maybe they simply don't advertise it, to avoid any legal challenges from Netflix from using their trademarked name, etc.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@NobodyInteresting said:

@Nekki said:

@Ympker said:

@Nekki said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

Makes sense.

Maybe they simply don't advertise it, to avoid any legal challenges from Netflix from using their trademarked name, etc.

Which would make sense, but then why specifically say it doesn’t unblock Netflix? Surely you simply don’t mention Netflix if that’s the case.

• @Nekki said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@Nekki said:

@Ympker said:

@Nekki said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

Makes sense.

Which would make sense, but then why specifically say it doesn’t unblock Netflix? Surely you simply don’t mention Netflix if that’s the case.

Yeah, true, I guess theres that.

Oh well, whatever makes their boat float.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@NobodyInteresting said:

@Nekki said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@Nekki said:

@Ympker said:

@Nekki said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

Makes sense.

Yeah, true, I guess theres that.

Oh well, whatever makes their boat float.

Yeh, I don’t care, I might have bought it if it was $10-15, but for nearly $50 they can lick my ring.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited June 2022

@Nekki said:

Yeh, I don’t care, I might have bought it if it was $10-15, but for nearly $50 they can lick my ring.

Interesting information. I was not aware you had a ring piercing. :wink:

Anyway, back on topic: I tested GetFlix and I don't like it either. It's like Get without the Flix; it's just "Get" - and lifetime VPN Unlimited from KeepSolid beats this "Get" in pricing.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited June 2022

Fwiw Flix US works fine on Keepsolid SmartDNS. Just checked (Pokémon Master Journeys Series) is usually not available in Germany. Seems like their SmartDNS is getting "solid" as their VPN. Will try setting it up on FireTV, because SmartDNS usually still tends to be faster than VPN.

From Keepsolid website:

Also, SmartDNS service doesn’t encrypt your web traffic and thus doesn’t slow down your connection speed. Proxy services don’t scramble all your internet traffic as well, but VPN applications do.

• xetsysxetsys Member
    edited June 2022

@Nekki said:

@xetsys said:

@killer23d said:

@xetsys said:

Thanked by 2Ympker CasualCanvas
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@xetsys said:

@Nekki said:

@xetsys said:

@killer23d said:

@xetsys said:

WHAT IS YOUR FUCKING POINT?

Thanked by 1bdl
  • xetsysxetsys Member

@Nekki said:

@xetsys said:

@Nekki said:

@xetsys said:

@killer23d said:

@xetsys said:

US Netflix works with getflix!

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@xetsys said:

@Nekki said:

@xetsys said:

@Nekki said:

@xetsys said:

@killer23d said:

@xetsys said:

US Netflix works with getflix!

Holy shit fella, were you dropped on your head as a lad?