Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best way to achieve raid0 (or just better performance) with proxmox on Kimsufi (windows server)?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best way to achieve raid0 (or just better performance) with proxmox on Kimsufi (windows server)?

SprinterliveSprinterlive Member
edited June 2022 in Help

I'm fairly new to proxmox and have only hosted a few personal projects on linux. I'm using a KS-LE with 2*2tb drives. I'm trying to host a windows server install that will be used for a game server. As well as one or two linux VMs for tinkering. I'd like to get the best disk performance I can since I just want the server to perform as well as possible. I'm not overly concerned about data loss as I'll be doing regular backups of the server config and game world.

I followed the proxmox windows 2022 best practices here: https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Windows_2022_guest_best_practices

However things "felt" slow. I'm wondering what the best approach is for better performance and/or raid0.

Based on the kimsufi installer here:

My ideas are either to:

1. set var/lib/vz to raid0 pre-installation

2. shrink var/lib/vz and create a zfs raid0 after installation using proxmox.

I was just wondering if either of these is a better idea, or if there is an option I'm missing. apologies if this question is basic and/or ignorant. I appreciate any and all feedback.