Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Mini Review] Clouvider (spoiler - they are great!)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Mini Review] Clouvider (spoiler - they are great!)

Hey all!

I wanted to write a really quick review about @Clouvider

I have had a server with them in London for a little over 2 years now.

Today - I had a big scare (cause I scare easily mostly lol). My dedicated server went down. Oh no! I tried going to their website - the website is down too. Whaaat?!

So I used google to see if they have a status page (as I can't load their website to find the link, and Ive never needed it in the past, so I didn't have that saved).
And voila - their status paged appeared, and says that there is an issue with a switch and it is being investigated.

The outage lasted about 45 minutes, and now everything is back up and running.

I am pretty impressed with how this was handled and communicated, and how quickly it was resolved.

Here is the uptime of my server:
13:17:07 up 317 days, 6:19, 1 user, load average: 0.01, 0.05, 0.01

I can't really do yabs, as I am using this server in production, but network has been very nice and the server very reliable. You all know that already, so no need for additional benchmarks.

The reason why its not showing the 2+ years in uptime is due to updates that required a reboot.

I have had to contact support a few times throughout the time I have used it, in regards to hardware upgrades, and have always had a reply within minutes. And usually from a different rep, meaning that this is a pretty well established business, with more than 1 employee lol.

Just wanted to share that just because a service was advertised on and found via LET - it doesn't mean that it is low end. Everything that they do is top notch.

I hope more companies run their ship as tight as Dom runs Clouvider.

P.S. - nobody made me write the review, nobody is giving me anything in return, other than a super stable and reliable server. ( -insert-bow-down-emoji-here- )

Thank you, Dom, and thank you Clouvider.

Thanked by 3PhilNW JasonM Clouvider

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Shill.

Just kidding! :smiley:

Premvider!

• TeYroXTeYroX Member

but... is it honest review?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@TeYroX said:

There's no mention of the word "honest" anywhere in the OP, so it has to be :smiley:

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@TeYroX said:

Sir, you have just suggested an honourable member may not be telling the truth. This means an LET duel!

• TeYroXTeYroX Member

@Nekki said:

@TeYroX said:

Sir, you have just suggested an honourable member may not be telling the truth. This means an LET duel!

Just read too much reviews in past few days lol

• @TeYroX said:

I avoid using words like that, because if it wasn't honest - I wouldn't bother posting it. I don't play these brown-nosing games lol.

Plus, its not like they need my review, they are already pretty well known for being very professional, I was just genuinely impressed and wanted to share that with my fellow LETers, as I no longer get impressed easily.

@Nekki challenge accepted. Whats your weapon of choice? Cocks and daggers? 😆 LETS DO IIIT

Thanked by 2TeYroX JasonM
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@TeYroX said:

@Nekki said:

@TeYroX said:

Too late to back out now, the duel is agreed!

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@NobodyInteresting said:

@TeYroX said:

I avoid using words like that, because if it wasn't honest - I wouldn't bother posting it. I don't play these brown-nosing games lol.

Plus, its not like they need my review, they are already pretty well known for being very professional, I was just genuinely impressed and wanted to share that with my fellow LETers, as I no longer get impressed easily.

@Nekki challenge accepted. Whats your weapon of choice? Cocks and daggers? 😆 LETS DO IIIT

LET IT BE COCKS! COCKS OUT FOR HONOUR!

• TeYroXTeYroX Member

@Nekki said:

@TeYroX said:

@Nekki said:

@TeYroX said:

Too late to back out now, the duel is agreed!

uh... I left the kettle on the gas, bye! XD

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • KassemKassem Member

@NobodyInteresting said: Today - I had a big scare (cause I scare easily mostly lol). My dedicated server went down. Oh no! I tried going to their website - the website is down too. Whaaat?!

Lesson learned here is that Clouvider should put the website too (not just status page) on a different infrastructure to avoid people getting scared. No need skimp on company's face.

• cpsdcpsd Member
    edited May 2022

My inceptionhosting servers and his main website was affected too :dizzy:

• @Nekki said:

So British.

• JasonMJasonM Member

@NobodyInteresting said: I was just genuinely impressed and wanted to share that with my fellow LETers

thanks, indeed every review counts. positive, negative, short, long, etc. - but everything should be honest.

• foitinfoitin Member

@TimboJones said:

@Nekki said:

So British.

So cock ney rhyming that I can hear it just from the words.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@foitin said:

@TimboJones said:

@Nekki said:

So British.

So cock ney rhyming that I can hear it just from the words.

Cor blimey guv'nor!