Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheapest domain reseller?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheapest domain reseller?

Who is the cheapest domain reseller around?

I have been using resellerclub, but their recent price hike announcement makes me consider moving elsewhere.

Comments

• alentoalento Member, Host Rep

IMHO resellerclub is horribly overpriced. And you say that they are raising prices? :open_mouth:

Netim is reasonable, not the cheapest, but reasonable. Hexonet seems reasonable as well, though I haven't yet resold through them.

NameSilo is my preferred registrar to offer domains for my clients.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@alento said:
    IMHO resellerclub is horribly overpriced. And you say that they are raising prices? :open_mouth:

Netim is reasonable, not the cheapest, but reasonable. Hexonet seems reasonable as well, though I haven't yet resold through them.

NameSilo is my preferred registrar to offer domains for my clients.

Indeed.

Reseller club are expensive.
    I'm using Namesilo. It works very well!

• WickedWicked Member

NameSilo is my number one. Once you login to their control panel you get transferred back to 2007, but other than that they are great to work with.

• JasonMJasonM Member

namesilo has more promos, less prices than resellerclub. Others can be resello, resell.biz, hexonet/1api (they've largest selection of cctld/gtlds) but need minimum $50 or $75 per payment/topup.

• cazrzcazrz Member

anyone tried the resellerclub Enterprise Email? It seems to use Cloudmark.

• i would tell you the cheapest, but cloudflare doesn't want me to let you know. Sorry 😥

• BoogeymanBoogeyman Member
    edited May 2022

@Wicked said: NameSilo is my number one. Once you login to their control panel you get transferred back to 2007, but other than that they are great to work with.

They have an API. You don't need to go back to 2007 every now and then. And if you added a card it will auto replenish.

For OP I would say don't put all your egg in one basket. Shortlist few providers and pick (cheaper) one for each TLD. That way you can pass the discount to your end customer/have more blessings for yourself.

• Porkbun and Namesilo. I would recommend both. No hidden fees. If there's a promotion they clearly mention it, not hidden in an asterisk. I've been using them for years now, and no complaints.

• szymonpszymonp Member

Namesilo and google domains are great, if you set the currency to turkish lira on google domains it is much cheaper

• AndruAndru Member

@lastmanstanding said:
    Porkbun and Namesilo. I would recommend both. No hidden fees. If there's a promotion they clearly mention it, not hidden in an asterisk. I've been using them for years now, and no complaints.

Sadly porkbun doesn't offer any reseller features...

• @hostfactor said:

@lastmanstanding said:
    Porkbun and Namesilo. I would recommend both. No hidden fees. If there's a promotion they clearly mention it, not hidden in an asterisk. I've been using them for years now, and no complaints.

Sadly porkbun doesn't offer any reseller features...

Oh sorry I was thinking of them being sellers. A colossal mistake.

• Thanks for your suggestions!

It looks like NameSilo does not provide any end-user control panel? I can only allow my clients to manage their domain with a billing system like whmcs?

Who is the cheapest with end user control panel (like resellerclub)?

@dotcomUNDERGROUND said: It looks like NameSilo does not provide any end-user control panel? I can only allow my clients to manage their domain with a billing system like whmcs?

Actually ... you can give a different user access to their domain IF they create an account with NameSilo --- but that kind of takes the point of being a reseller away.

Or you could build something with their API.

But why not just use a billing system like WHMCS or Blesta? or dare I mention it, Client Exec?

You can score a free license for Blesta or Client Exec if cost of a billing system is your concern.

@dotcomUNDERGROUND said: Who is the cheapest with end user control panel (like resellerclub)?

The only one I know is Hexonet. and of course, ResellerClub.

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited May 2022

@dotcomUNDERGROUND said: Who is the cheapest with end user control panel (like resellerclub)?

Hexonet if you get into their better pricing tiers - either by having a lot of domain names, or by speaking to their sales reps and seeing if you can sweet talk them into it. They don't publicly show the pricing levels any more, but they do have three tiers - IIRC the second tier is for resellers with 1000-4999 domains and the highest tier is for 5000+ domains, but they'll sometimes give you the highest tier with far far fewer domains if you say you've found a cheaper registrar that you're going to use instead :smile:

Their control panel is completely white-label - you can customize the colours/styles, customise the footer copyright text, use your own logo, and use your own domain for the panel. Their APIs are pretty good too.