Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scaleway pricing changes of compute Instances as of July 1, 2022
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Scaleway pricing changes of compute Instances as of July 1, 2022

_cece_cece Member
edited May 2022 in General

and the next scaleway price increase is coming...

As of July 1, 2022, the following price changes will be automatically applied to all affected services active on that date:

- The price of compute Instances located in AMS1 and PAR1 will be increased by 8%
- The price of compute Instances located in WAW1 will be increased by 3.85%
- The price of compute Instances in PAR2 will not change
- The price of compute Instances located in PAR3 will be decreased by 50%

This concerns all Instance types: VC1, VC2, Stardust, Start1, Pro1, Development purpose (DEV), General purpose (GP), Enterprise (ENT).
The prices of our other products will remain unchanged.

Thanked by 3xms JasonM darkenergy

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Not surprised.

It's a yearly "offer" :smiley:

Thanked by 3xms _cece JasonM
  • Disappointing.

• JasonMJasonM Member

@_cece said: The price of compute Instances located in PAR3 will be decreased by 50%

why? they are decreasing prices at this location??

• Instances located in PAR3 will be decreased by 50%

What the... is their tactic to fill up their new PAR3 datacenter fast and just jack up the prices afterwards? I can't imagine that they have such a better deal on power or connectivity on that specific location... weird..

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited May 2022

Scaleway got used with increasing prices. I only use it for testing stuff from time to time, by deploying a server for just a couple of minutes.

Scaleway is good, but only if one can accept the increase of prices made every year. Personally I don't like it, precisely because of prices.

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • edited May 2022

@FoxelVox said:

Instances located in PAR3 will be decreased by 50%

What the... is their tactic to fill up their new PAR3 datacenter fast and just jack up the prices afterwards? I can't imagine that they have such a better deal on power or connectivity on that specific location... weird..

Current prices for PRO2-XXS instance:
    Everywhere except PAR3: €0.057/h
    PAR3: €0.166/h

Still more expensive even after the price cut. Probably most people don't care about it being a bunker and weren't willing to pay.

Thanked by 1ralf
  • _cece_cece Member

@JasonM said:

@_cece said: The price of compute Instances located in PAR3 will be decreased by 50%

why? they are decreasing prices at this location??

well in their email they stated they will harmonize the prices over their locations. In theory the prices in their locations PAR2 and PAR3 won't increase. But the both locations was always their most expensive ones.

• xrzxrz Member

Hmm i heard this many times already, dunno ... aaah it was same shit scaleway :D

• maylimayli Member

Maybe it's time to deprecate my VC1S servers, which used to be 6euro, changed to 10, and now another 8%. Nice job scaleway, on the way of being shitty.

• xrzxrz Member

@mayli said: on the way of being shitty

it was shitty before too.
    anyway anyone who will stay with them, i have bad message, they will increase prices again and again and again :D

Thanked by 2default xms
  • Well, they were online.net and they kept doing price hikes.

• maylimayli Member

@xrz said:

anyway anyone who will stay with them, i have bad message, they will increase prices again and again and again :D

Right, thinking about switching to netcup or alternatives for 2c2g, anyother suggestions?

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited May 2022

@mayli said:

@xrz said:

Right, thinking about switching to netcup or alternatives for 2c2g, anyother suggestions?

Lunanode.com @perennate has a similar cloud hourly based.

Thanked by 1hbjlee17